Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do we think the 'forbidden fruit' is an apple?

Abramelin

12 hours ago, pellinore said:

This led to a great deal of speculation among early Jewish and Christian commentators, and several species became popular candidates, such as the fig and the grape, first and foremost, but also the pomegranate and the citron.

As Professor McLuhan famously remarked, "The medium is the message." If I'm painting a still picture, then I want an apple in the first parents' grasp. If I've got a performer like Alan Bates to deliver a scene, then I want a fig.

I mean seriously, a pomegranate?

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 7:57 AM, Abramelin said:

At a certain point, readers of the Old French version of Genesis understood the statement 'Adam and Eve ate a pom' to mean 'Adam and Eve ate an apple,' explains Azzan Yadin-Israel.

How did the apple from the Garden of Eden become the “forbidden fruit” symbolizing temptation, sin, and the fall of man?

“‘Adam and Eve ate a pom,’ meant ‘Adam and Eve ate a fruit.’ Over time, however, the meaning of pom changed.”

An attention-grabbing Super Bowl ad looked at what would have happened if Adam and Eve ate an avocado instead of an apple. Although a spoof, the Bible never actually specifies what Adam and Eve ate in the Garden of Eden.

Azzan Yadin-Israel, a professor of Jewish studies and classics at Rutgers University, tackles the question in his new book Temptation Transformed: The Story of How the Forbidden Fruit Became an Apple (University of Chicago Press, 2022).

https://www.futurity.org/forbidden-fruit-apple-2877092-2/

Because they didn't have Snickers back then.

• Haha 6

Maybe Adam and Eve invented the Apple Core game and that’s why it’s forbidden?

Spoiler

Apple Core Game (for 3 to 5 people, the revised rules.)

person one: “Apple core”

person two: “Baltimore”

person one: “Who’s your friend?”

person two: “(name of friend here)”

person one: beans named person with apple core.

On 2/20/2023 at 1:57 PM, Abramelin said:

How did the apple from the Garden of Eden become the “forbidden fruit” symbolizing temptation, sin, and the fall of man?

“‘Adam and Eve ate a pom,’ meant ‘Adam and Eve ate a fruit.’ Over time, however, the meaning of pom changed

I dont know, but.

219 / 5 000

Oversettelsesresultater

Oversettelsesresultat

You shall reap what you sow. the fruit is perhaps the result? Perhaps the authors of the OT were afraid that most people could find the answer themselves. Therefore they cursed the fruit of the people's own quest. In that way they managed the power.

Just search "Enki Ninhursag Dilmun".

Clearly the Forbidden Fruit may be any fruit, and hence all fruit must henceforth be off the menu for believing Monotheists of all denominations.