Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Biden's wartime visit to Kyiv came together

Grim Reaper 6

7 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Is this the same Bible he held upside down that convinced the Talibangelicals that he's the second coming? 

Yes that’s the same one, the reason he stood there with the upside Bible was to call his STORM TROOPS TO ARMS ( White Nationalists, Extreme RightWing Religious Fundamentalists, Extreme  RightWing Rascists and all of the other Brown Shirts that support Him. The only reason you hold a Bible or a flag upside down is to notify your supporter you’re in distress. The Pastor of that Church chastised Trump that day and told Trump to get off Church property. :tu:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

You know better than that.  He is not going to gain any points at home.  This one was for Ukraine and an effort to end this war soon.  I know you won't believe that, but you can watch how it plays out.

He certainly would believe it, he is a MAGA Political Bot that trolls the forum looking for Transgender threads to post in!:lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

You know better than that.  He is not going to gain any points at home.  This one was for Ukraine and an effort to end this war soon.  I know you won't believe that, but you can watch how it plays out.

Yeah, that is basically what Ben Shapiro said. They sure have been trying to capitalize  on the trip though.

Im not sure about the “ending this war soon part”. If that’s true it’s good but I’ll remain skeptical.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Im not sure about the “ending this war soon part”. If that’s true it’s good but I’ll remain skeptical.

I'm not sure of it either, but I think that is the plan.  Prolonged fighting hurts Ukraine the most but destabilizes the rest of the world as well.

I doubt the Ukrainians can achieve military victory, but all they have to do is make it too expensive for Russia to continue.  Pragmatically, I don't think Putin will ever be held to account for any war crimes, but no war stays popular for very long.  The Russians are tired of this one too.   I think Putin will either find a face saving reason to withdraw or he will face replacement before the war is another year old.  Also, I think Biden knows he only has a year or so to bring this about.  The next US president may not back Ukraine, so he has to get it done before 2024..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Michelle said:

Whatabout, whatabout, whatabout...

You have whataboutism all wrong.  No one complained about Trumps carbon footprint on this forum when he went to Afghanistan.  People did complain when he flew to Mar-A-Lago every weekend.  Now this guy is going to complain about Biden's carbon footprint when he goes to the Ukraine, while he didn't care about Trump's weekend getaways.  That's whataboutism, Michelle.  You're on the wrong side of it, that's for sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

You have whataboutism all wrong.  No one complained about Trumps carbon footprint on this forum when he went to Afghanistan.  People did complain when he flew to Mar-A-Lago every weekend.  Now this guy is going to complain about Biden's carbon footprint when he goes to the Ukraine, while he didn't care about Trump's weekend getaways.  That's whataboutism, Michelle.  You're on the wrong side of it, that's for sure.

I heard that some of these people have a Tee-shirt that says I know the Midget of Tokori, kind of scary isn't it!!!!!!!!:w00t::lol:

I heard she was internationally famous, but dam I would have never dreamed the Midgets Carbon Footprint was so dam big!!!!!:blink::wacko::w00t::D

19 hours ago, Agent0range said:

On the wrong side of what exactly? The only thing I've commented on was securing the president in a war zone and I never knew how much it costs for Air Force 1 not to mention 11 which i didn't say anything about. I didn't say one derogatory thing about Biden or anyone else, for that matter.

Edited by Michelle

On 2/23/2023 at 5:57 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

FpnGAioWcAMM60e.jpg.44b284021ebae2e397bea6576f533a30.jpg

REPORTED FOR HATE SPEECH!!!

(just kidding, my feeling were hurt tbh)

Hahaha :lol:

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 2:09 PM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yes that’s the same one, the reason he stood there with the upside Bible was to call his STORM TROOPS TO ARMS ( White Nationalists, Extreme RightWing Religious Fundamentalists, Extreme  RightWing Rascists and all of the other Brown Shirts that support Him. The only reason you hold a Bible or a flag upside down is to notify your supporter you’re in distress. The Pastor of that Church chastised Trump that day and told Trump to get off Church property. :tu:

I thought it was simply because he was ignorant. He went to a local church during the 2016 campaign, and didn't know what the collection plate was, or anything else that went on.

Regardless, he did cozy up to the Right, and despite saying some words of condemnation, he didn't act like he meant any of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, acidhead said:

REPORTED FOR HATE SPEECH!!!

(just kidding, my feeling were hurt tbh)

Hahaha :lol:

Here is a blind taste test of Trump water with another personalized brand, pretty dam funny!:lol:

• “”In an Access Hollywood interview, Sylvester Stallone, who had also launched his own bottled water line called Sly Water, was asked to take a blind taste test of two types of water: his and that of a competitor. When asked which one he preferred after tasting both, Stallone correctly identified his own water, and added he would not wash his socks using the other water. When told that the other water was Trump Ice, Stallone laughed and apologized to Donald Trump, before quipping that Rocky VII would be a showdown between his and Trump's brands of water.”””

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Ice

0C20E44C-6403-4356-BF92-C85D3922A3A1.jpeg.ef8593e8e80f7a45e660ad613c3b6a21.jpeg

20 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I thought it was simply because he was ignorant. He went to a local church during the 2016 campaign, and didn't know what the collection plate was, or anything else that went on.

Regardless, he did cozy up to the Right, and despite saying some words of condemnation, he didn't act like he meant any of it.

Yes that’s very true, but think about fir a second. General Miley said, they were told in the White House that morning where they were going. When they arrived at the Church, Miley could not believe his eye’s Trump had brought them for  photo op and didn’t tell anyone until they arrived.

Here are General Miley’s comments on the Photo Op at the Church!

The event took place moments after troops and police cleared a path for the president and his entourage to walk the short distance to the nearby St John’s church, also known as the Church of the Presidents, by violently ousting peaceful protesters chanting and singing amid ongoing nationwide demonstrations in the aftermath of the police killing of George Floyd.

“I should not have been there,” Milley told the National Defense University in a pre-recorded video commencement address.

“My presence in that moment and in that environment created a perception of the military involved in domestic politics.”

Enough said!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

He went to a local church during the 2016 campaign, and didn't know what the collection plate was, or anything else that went on.

At least he didn't pocket the proceeds.

"You ask and the Lord provideth, am I right!"

• Like 2

On 2/21/2023 at 3:01 AM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

However, it’s a completely different form of diplomacy when a sitting United States President  enters an active Combat Zone that isn’t secured  by US Military personnel.

Yes, I think the article makes it clear that this hasn't been done before.  The point though, is that the media seem to be giving a LOT of praise for this action even though he was never in any kind of danger.  Now, if he had slipped in quietly without letting Putin know he was coming, that would have shown some willingness to take risks but it also would have been extremely foolish.  As it stands, his visit was a photo op and nothing more.  Bush, Obama, and Trump all took about the same "risk" in going to visit our troops in the two sandboxes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Dems always wanted a non-Christian for president. Proves you should be careful what you wish for. :devil:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, and-then said:

Yes, I think the article makes it clear that this hasn't been done before.  The point though, is that the media seem to be giving a LOT of praise for this action even though he was never in any kind of danger.

I would like to know where your information is coming from, anything can occur when traveling on a train for 10 hours one way without a military presence for security. So, sincerely if you have information that I have missed please post a link to it, now I am not criticizing you.

I understand that the Russians were contacted in advance, BUT do you believe his travel arrangements were GIVEN to the Russians?

I don’t and can’t believe they were told how he would enter the Ukraine and what mode of transportation he was planning to use. I believe that the information given to the Russians amounted to the effect that sometime during that day President Biden would be in Kyiv and that’s all they were told. This was done to stop any Drone or Missile attacks on Kyiv that day, nothing more or nothing less. Now, this is my opinion only, I mean it seems like common sense to me!:yes:

13 minutes ago, and-then said:

Now, if he had slipped in quietly without letting Putin know he was coming, that would have shown some willingness to take risks but it also would have been extremely foolish.  As it stands, his visit was a photo op and nothing more.  Bush, Obama, and Trump all took about the same "risk" in going to visit our troops in the two sandboxes.

I totally disagree, and I understand your opinion is base purely upon your political beliefs. No, your comparison of what previous Presidents did in no way compares to President Biden’s 10 hour Trip by Train. When, the other Presidents went into the Middle East, the Aircraft they traveled on was supported by all the might of the US Air Force, when they landed there were hundreds if not thousands of US Soldiers securing the location during their visits. Now, this is not my opinion, I have seen the security that was in place first hand. Biden had none of those protections on his 10 hour train ride to Kyiv, first because it would have given his route of travel away which would have been a major breach of security, and second it would have eliminated the effective surprise when Kyiv started broadcasting President Biden’s arrival.

JIMHO

Did, President Biden have the Political implications in mind when he decided to make this trip, well certainly he did. But, the political effects in the United States were far over shadowed by the political implications it had on the global community! Basically, he flipped Vladimir Putin off and because of the personal risk involved he strengthened the Geo-Political position of NATO Globally. 

@Trelane do you agree or disagree with my comments above?

8 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Dems always wanted a non-Christian for president. Proves you should be careful what you wish for. :devil:

Yes that is certainly true, and America certainly found that out when President Trump was elected!:yes::devil:

• Confused 1

“We did notify the Russians that President Biden will be travelling to Kyiv,” Sullivan said. “We did so some hours before his departure for deconfliction purposes, and because of the sensitive nature of those communications I won’t get into how they responded or what the precise nature of our message was, but I can confirm that we provided that notice.”

The US informed Moscow to avoid any misunderstanding or misjudgment between the two nuclear-armed powers, according to accounts from Washington. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/feb/20/how-biden-pulled-off-a-visit-to-an-active-ukrainian-war-zone

• Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 7:55 PM, Tatetopa said:

Root for China if you want to. 

Here is really how dumbed down these conversations have become. Seeing only black and white while there are several shades of gray. 

One can’t point out the faults of NATO, and the obvious repercussions of certain decisions made without being accused of rooting for Russia, or in this case China. 

China is making out big on cheap Russian oil. Anyone who thinks they will allow anything to get in the way of that are fools. 

I mean seriously, first no way does Biden do anything to China. Every move he makes regarding China screams he’s sold out to them. 

Second why does Biden get no flack for his horrible decisions that caused all this mess to begin with? Starting with helping cause a coup in Ukraine while he was vice. This was long in the plan. All of it. WW3 in bound. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Here is really how dumbed down these conversations have become. Seeing only black and white while there are several shades of gray. 

One can’t point out the faults of NATO, and the obvious repercussions of certain decisions made without being accused of rooting for Russia, or in this case China. 

China is making out big on cheap Russian oil. Anyone who thinks they will allow anything to get in the way of that are fools. 

I mean seriously, first no way does Biden do anything to China. Every move he makes regarding China screams he’s sold out to them. 

Second why does Biden get no flack for his horrible decisions that caused all this mess to begin with? Starting with helping cause a coup in Ukraine while he was vice. This was long in the plan. All of it. WW3 in bound. 

More black and white?

Of course one can point out faults of NATO. Of course one can point out hypocrisy of the US.  Some of us have been doing that for 40 years. None of that contradicts the fact that other countries can be villains too. 

Look at the world away from the black and white paradigm. 

China is buying Russian oil.  India is buying Russian oil.  They are doing it for their own interests.  How does that effect the world? Russia sells oil at a bargain rate, India and China fill up their strategic reserves, a benefit for them.  

If China and India buy a million barrels a day for their needs, that is a million barrels they are not buying on the world market.  That affects the price of a barrel of oil  You get the cheaper gas you  long for. 

China will continue to buy cheap Russian oil as long as they can, they probably hope the Ukrainian war lasts as  long as possible.  Do they want Russia to win?  Doubtful, it offers no benefit to China.  Sanctions on Russia do though, a desperate Russia is a benefit to China.

An end to the war will also offer opportunities to China, belt and road initiatives could help rebuild Ukraine. 

You are blinded by a story you want to be true.  The CHIPS act did nothing to help China.  Pushing infrastructure and American manufacturing does nothing to help China. Stating that the US will support defense of Taiwan does nothing to help China.  Moving carrier groups into the area does nothing to help China.  The US convincing Japan and the Netherlands to join them in a ban of high end chip manufacturing equipment to China is a blow to China not aid.  The US, Japan, and the Netherlands produce 85% of such equipment in the world.

But on the other hand, we need China too.  We need them as a cheap producer of consumer goods for the US and we want them as a 1.4 billion person consumer market.  Somehow we have to keep them in the world in a useful, and non-threatening way. It probably won't help us much if China does collapse.

Of course, Hunter has all of those copyrights with China, no wait that is Ivanka.  But Joe has a big Chinese bank account and Chinese loans on real estate ventures, no wait that is Donald.   Maybe you are afraid that Trump sold out to China so you want to think Biden did it too.  If you want to see a real sell out look at Elon Musk.  Elon praises the CCP every chance he gets, he lets the CCP spread propaganda on Twitter.  He desperately needs them to keep his mega-factory in Shanghai running and Chinese citizens buying his cars, they account for about 1/3 of Tesla production and sales.  We are talking about tens of billions of dollars.  Imagine what happens to Elon if China nationalizes the Tesla factory or shuts it down and brings out a Chinese Tesla copy they sell for less.  He is toast.

Your assertion about a Ukrainian coup is mostly  Russian propaganda feed.  A Russian puppet ruled Ukraine before the election of Zelenskyy.  The Ukrainian election was about ending corruption, that is exactly how Zelenskyy got elected.  He was a comedian, not a politician but he campaigned on ending corruption.

Highly processed news is just as bad for your brain as highly processed food is for your body.  Come on friend, stray off the path and start reading other sources and other views.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Highly processed news is just as bad for your brain as highly processed food is for your body.  Come on friend, stray off the path and start reading other sources and other views.

Says the guy who rarely, if ever, posts links/sources or video to support his opinions.  You remind me of the type of client I work for once every so often. From the moment I step inside their home their television is on a news channel and it's on all day long. It doesn't matter if it's right or left wing television news stations it's all designed to reinforce the idea that each side is at war with each other politically. 

• Like 1