Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Biden's wartime visit to Kyiv came together

Grim Reaper 6

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

However if that’s what this was about, Putin would have done it while Obama was in office.

Right.  That is when he took Crimea and Obama did nothing.

Senile old man, you mean Putin or Biden?  Neither one has the final say.  One minute you are telling me Bide has handlers to walk him around because he is unaware and the next that he is going to mastermind the destruction of the world.

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

So all a bully has to do is threaten world destruction to get his way?

Sometimes all that's necessary is for the VP to threaten to withhold military aid... As with Biden and Ukraine under Obama.

On 2/28/2023 at 3:54 PM, Tatetopa said:

OK.  Are there things you would suggest doing differently?

I have my opinions on this matter, but they are irrelevant. We're talking about the current Chief Executive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trelane said:

I have my opinions on this matter, but they are irrelevant. We're talking about the current Chief Executive.

OK.  no worries. I would put some stock in them as I think you might have some insights.  All of my "knowledge"  is second or third hand from reading, and I continue to explore as I don't want to die stupid.  

On 2/28/2023 at 10:07 PM, Tatetopa said:

Right.  That is when he took Crimea and Obama did nothing.

Senile old man, you mean Putin or Biden?  Neither one has the final say.  One minute you are telling me Bide has handlers to walk him around because he is unaware and the next that he is going to mastermind the destruction of the world.

I’m just calling the machine by the face it has currently put on. 

Yep that’s right, while we installed the Ukraine puppet regime. 

If this had nothing to do with NATO membership, the timing is a hell of a coincidence. 

Why do you think Putin is senile? 

Being you have nothing to say about most of the content of my last few posts I’ll bow out now. If you didn’t want to talk about it you could have just said so. 

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

I’m just calling the machine by the face it has currently put on. 

Yep that’s right, while we installed the Ukraine puppet regime. 

If this had nothing to do with NATO membership, the timing is a hell of a coincidence. 

Why do you think Putin is senile? 

Being you have nothing to say about most of the content of my last few posts I’ll bow out now. If you didn’t want to talk about it you could have just said so. 

Sorry, I've been a bit under the weather.  

We operate under different starting assumptions, so what seems logical is not the same for both of us.

I think the US was as surprised by Ukraine's performance as anybody else.  Zelenskyy was a comedian with no political experience running on an anticorruption ticket.  I don't think he is the guy US would have predicted could stand against Russia.

I also believe US strategy is changing.  The last 2 presidents have opposed new wars.  I give Trump credit for that too.  Biden is more traditional, but I think even his view is changing.   I will not say the last two presidents cooperated, but between them they got us out of Afghanistan and ended a 20 year special military action.  Poorly done perhaps with tragic loss of life.  For comparison, we have been losing an average of 16 soldiers ever year for the last 10.

However it worked out, the military industrial complex and MSM were furious at Biden.  Not only the loss of life during the exodus  was criticized, but many including Lindsey Graham guaranteed on MSM that we would have to go back.  Biden did make a gesture:  the US knocked out a terrorist on his balcony in Kabul with a precision drone strike.  We did not kill hundreds of innocents in the process.  I think that is an improvement. 

Whoever the next president is will have to follow Trump and Biden in winding down US military involvement in foreign conflicts or we will revert back quickly.

At this point, I think we can deal with Russia and China in ways that favor us and prevent further conflict at the same time.

On 3/5/2023 at 10:54 AM, Tatetopa said:

OK.  no worries. I would put some stock in them as I think you might have some insights.  All of my "knowledge"  is second or third hand from reading, and I continue to explore as I don't want to die stupid.  

I do have some insight, but it's only from my limited access to items. I refrain from projecting too much when commenting on presidents.

• Thanks 1