Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists unravel the mystery of Japan's mummified 'mer-monkey'

UM-Bot

Likely registered to vote in Maricopa County.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Months back when this story was 1st posted i replied then it was without any doubt a gaff a fiji mermaid. Anyone reading this could take a look and see that, it shouldnt take a year and a panel of experts to prove the obvious.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

We have a similar thing here in a Banff, Alberta, Canada.

It's called a Merman.

It's a touristy thing. I go check it out every now and then when I go skiing up in the mountains.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/banff-merman

• Like 3

Recently found in East Palestine Ohio.
  • Like 1

I can think of at least one member here who will still claim it's a real creature. No names will be mentioned to avoid enticing the devil moron.

How desperate are scientists for something to do that they would waste time on this paper mache BS? Nobody truly believed it was a real thing (aside from the previously mentioned).

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1

Why make such things?

On 2/24/2023 at 3:43 PM, moonman said:

I can think of at least one member here who will still claim it's a real creature. No names will be mentioned to avoid enticing the devil moron.

How desperate are scientists for something to do that they would waste time on this paper mache BS? Nobody truly believed it was a real thing (aside from the previously mentioned).

The thing is as i said if i handed such a gaff to anyone here they could quickly tell its a hodge podge fake and anyone who wouldnt admit that is either ignorant intentionally lying or both.

But pay me like you did those scientists and ill milk it out a year.

15 hours ago, MissJatti said:

Why make such things?

The art of hoax and showmanship like pt barnum made a great living off people who wanted to be duped, to this day most all sideshows still have a mugman or fiji mermaid, most hymilayan monks who know yeti is really a bear started to have yeti artifacts to draw western attention and money to their areas.

I like to make gaffs so im not innocent.

Pickled punks are delightful.

• Thanks 1