Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

8 people stabbed in brawl at Oklahoma City nightclub: Police

Grim Reaper 6

At least eight people were stabbed, including two who were critically wounded, after a "large fight" broke out at an Oklahoma nightclub early Saturday, police said. Several police officers were posted outside the club as part of security protocols and saw the fight occurring with several injured people exiting the club, onto the sidewalk," the Oklahoma City Police Department said in a statement.

Officers saw two people with what appeared to be serious stab wounds "bleeding profusely," police said. They applied tourniquets and directed pressure to stop the loss of blood. Police said it was unclear what caused the fight to break out. A weapon has not been recovered, an Oklahoma City police spokesperson told ABC News. A suspect was taken into custody Saturday afternoon in connection with the incident, police said. Derick Walker, 19, was booked on one count of assault with a deadly weapon and two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, police said. 

"Investigation is ongoing and additional charges are likely," police said. It is unclear if Walker has an attorney who can speak on his behalf.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/8-people-stabbed-in-brawl-at-oklahoma-city-nightclub-police/ar-AA17VOtS?cvid=a6808db09d834e319cde42c62b60d1c0

• Sad 2

Stabbing huh?  Points for being old school at least.  I thought we Americans only shot each other these days.  Cynical?  Me?  Get out of my sunlight plz.

• Haha 2

The "Pink Parrot"?  :)  That name reminds me of a beach bar in Gulf Shores - The Pink Pony Pub ;)  I pulled the Pink Parrot up and looked at reviews from last year and the year before and apparently their bouncers get off on trying to find faked IDs.  Several people gave the place a one star rating because the bouncers were jerks.

When I was a kid, there were stabbings on the Friday and Saturday  night news every week.  In  bars mostly, but there were more shootings by far.  Dallas  is not so different from Oklahoma City.