Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hundreds of girls poisoned in Iran to stop them from going to school

Eldorado

23 minutes ago, odas said:

Because women, regardless of what the unholy scriptures tell, are the stronger people. 

:nw:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2023 at 5:50 PM, odas said:

Because women, regardless of what the unholy scriptures tell, are the stronger people. 

I've just read about these poisonings.Iran: Dozens of schoolgirls taken to hospital after new gas poisonings - BBC News

How shocking. I'm just reading John Harris's The End of Faith. Yes, religion is the root of all evil, not the love of money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2023 at 5:50 PM, odas said:

Far more men are stronger than the amount of women who are.

Most women are led by their emotions, including their negative emotions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

That sounded pretty negative to me.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

You are thinking of brute neanderthal strength.

No men can endure what a woman can. Only a fraction of men can keep a family together. A woman, a wife, a mother is the one who keeps the family together. A mother will starve before she allows that it happens to their children. In wars, women are the sexual target, rarely men. The list is way to long to compare.

While there are negative examples, the pros outpase the cons by a gazillion to one.

A father can be anyone but a mother is only one.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Hahahahahaha 

ohh you’re serious… 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Hahahahahaha 

ohh you’re serious… 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Come on, I hate to point out the following but:

In an all male work place it is rare for bullying, gossiping, rumour spreading, reputation damage, etc. Most men act on what is right and fair, not what is wrong. And that means not acting on how they feel.

Feelings do not make something right.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

In an all male work place it is rare for bullying, gossiping, rumour spreading, reputation damage, etc. Most men act on what is right and fair, not what is wrong. And that means not acting on how they feel.

This is really a bizarre choice of thread for you to stereotype woman in a negative way. 

• Like 4

Would this not be a case of terrorism and using a Weapon of Mass Destruction on a civilian population? Seems to me the UN could get involved. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 9:43 AM, Cookie Monster said:

Not you, of course....

Heh.

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Would this not be a case of terrorism and using a Weapon of Mass Destruction on a civilian population? Seems to me the UN could get involved. 

It is becoming more prominent in the news. Sky has picked it up and it was discussed on the BBC today. One commentator reminded us that the last time a religious leader gave a speech saying women should be punished, there was a spate of acid attacks in the streets. One mother spoke about her anguish in sending her male children to school, but having to keep her female children at home. Iran and Afghanistan are making life hell on earth for women. I've never read the Quran so I don't know if it prescribes this treatment or if it is being perverted for political reasons.Iran: Protests break out over suspected poisoning of schoolgirls | World News | Sky News

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Worried parents protested in Iran's capital Tehran and other cities on Saturday over a wave of suspected poison attacks that have affected schoolgirls in dozens of schools, according to Iranian news agencies and social media videos.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/protests-break-out-in-iran-over-schoolgirl-illnesses/ar-AA18e0ar?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Men that do this aren't normal and their abnormality is due to the culture they grow up into from the day they're born.  It's not even about religion although they've allowed religion to define large parts of their culture. Men grow up believing they are God's chosen creatures while women are only on Earth to serve them.  It's not only Islam's holy scriptures that teaches these beliefs, Christianity has some of it's own doozy's as well:

Corinthians 11:3-16

But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.  Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved.

Until countries like Iran and Afghanistan become secular, if they ever do, they will remain bastions of uncivilised ignorance.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 9:50 AM, odas said:

20230305_203409.jpg.c689c20d4d94c04deb9a87a0671f3bbf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 3/4/2023 at 10:03 AM, Cookie Monster said:

Tell me you’ve never watched a parliament debate without telling me you’ve never watched a parliament debate.

• Haha 1

Iran's supreme leader said on Monday that poisoning schoolgirls is an "unforgivable" crime which should be punished by death if deliberate, state TV reported, amid public anger over a wave of suspected attacks in schools.

Over 1,000 girls have suffered poisoning since November, according to state media and officials, with some politicians blaming religious groups opposed to girls' education.

The poisonings have come at a critical time for Iran's clerical rulers after months of protests since the death of a young woman held by police for flouting hijab rules.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/iran-s-khamenei-calls-girls-poisoning-unforgivable-after-public-anger/ar-AA18gHBA?

• Like 2

Iran has announced the first arrests connected to a spate of suspected poisonings of schoolgirls that has gripped the country.

“Based on the intelligence and research measures of the intelligence agencies, a number of people have been arrested in five provinces and the relevant agencies are conducting a full investigation,” the deputy interior minister, Majid Mirahmadi, told state television. Mirahmadi did not provide details on the detained individuals.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/iran-makes-first-arrests-over-suspected-schoolgirl-poisonings/ar-AA18jWzX?

• Thanks 2

This is just one of the many contemptible things that Islam promotes.  The level of sexism in the Koran and the Hadiths is a bit appalling, and it fuels this sort of behavior.

However spare a thought for the women of Afghanistan who are being denied the right to train as nurses and doctors.  They cannot go to see male doctors, so this is creating a long term situation where there will be nobody for Afghan women to see with their health problems, including obstetrics.  This will lead to a population crash as women and children die thanks to the Taliban.  But then again, we in the civilized world should regard this as a good thing, as this bandit regime has set about its own destruction with unusual expertise.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 5:18 PM, pellinore said:

It is becoming more prominent in the news. Sky has picked it up and it was discussed on the BBC today. One commentator reminded us that the last time a religious leader gave a speech saying women should be punished, there was a spate of acid attacks in the streets. One mother spoke about her anguish in sending her male children to school, but having to keep her female children at home. Iran and Afghanistan are making life hell on earth for women. I've never read the Quran so I don't know if it prescribes this treatment or if it is being perverted for political reasons.Iran: Protests break out over suspected poisoning of schoolgirls | World News | Sky News

It's funny that you mention that, I just read an article yesterday quoting the supreme leader saying that the perpetrators should get the death penalty.
This, of course, tells me that it is not the government that is responsible, and they government clearly does not approve.  Let me see if I can get it:
--------------------

Iran Supreme Leader calls for death penalty as hundreds of schoolgirls fall victim to mystery poisoning   

Link

The unpleasant smell sent 9 Japanese students to the hospital!

The Japanese news agency Kyodo wrote:

At least 9 school students in the city of Hiroshima, Japan, were admitted to the hospital on Friday due to the inhalation of an unpleasant smell that made them sick, but their condition is not dangerous.

This incident happened around 10 am local time at Hiroshima Kyushu High School.

The source of the smell is currently unknown and the police are investigating the cause of the incident.

In Date 02.03.2023

30 Israeli students were suddenly poisoned. Six of them are hospitalized

photo_2023-03-11_10-04-10.jpg