Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Murdoch says some Fox hosts 'endorsed' false election claims

Grim Reaper 6

Fox Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch acknowledged that some Fox News commentators endorsed the false allegations by former President Donald Trump and his allies that the 2020 presidential election was stolen and that he didn't step in to stop them from promoting the claims, according to excerpts of a deposition unsealed Monday.  The claims and the company's handling of them are at the heart of a defamation lawsuit against the cable news giant by Dominion Voting Systems,

The recently unsealed documents include excerpts from a deposition in which Murdoch was asked about whether he was aware that some of the network’s commentators — Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo, Jeanine Pirro and Sean Hannity — at times endorsed the false election claims. Murdoch replied, “Yes. They endorsed."  The Dominion case is the latest example showing that those who were spreading false information about the 2020 election knew there was no evidence to support it. The now-disbanded House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol disclosed that many of Trump’s top advisers repeatedly warned him that the allegations he was making about fraud were false — and yet the president continued making the claims.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/murdoch-says-some-fox-hosts-endorsed-false-election-claims/ar-AA1811gx?cvid=356d408c8946424aac507dd2cf4408ad

• Thanks 2

I don't see how Murdoch can win this.  There is a difference with Freedom of Speech and lying about an election result in order to create an insurrection that aimed to overthrow an elected government.  The USA put a lot of trust in Dominion, and they have a lot at stake credibility-wise.  They really need to sue Trump as well, as he is the main source of the libel against Dominion.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Fox flies!!

Lol

I don’t think he can win either, he admitted that they knew the election fraud crap was bogus and yet that Fox News reported to their viewers fraud really did exist. I think at this point the question is how much will it cost the network, but Dominion also individually sued the news anchors, and Trumps lawyers. With this newly released information it’s obvious that the election fraud claims were all fraudulent. This should be interesting to watch play out, because some of the individuals involved and being sued are not going to recover from these lawsuits and what’s hilarious is that their boss Rupert Murdoch sold them all out!:lol:

1 minute ago, Alchopwn said:

I don't see how Murdoch can win this.  There is a difference with Freedom of Speech and lying about an election result in order to create an insurrection that aimed to overthrow an elected government.  The USA put a lot of trust in Dominion, and they have a lot at stake credibility-wise.  They really need to sue Trump as well, as he is the main source of the libel against Dominion.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

They really need to sue Trump as well, as he is the main source of the libel against Dominion.

I agree.  They SHOULD sue him.  It will allow his attorneys to do some digging of their own.  All I see in this article is that Murdoch allowed his on-air talent the latitude to speak freely about what they believed at the time.  Funny thing... if you get a billion-dollar lawsuit filed and you have to be deposed, especially in an environment where there is ZERO CHANCE of an honest jury, you might just change your mind about standing up for what you believe.

This nonsense changes NOTHING.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I don’t think he can win either, he admitted that they knew the election fraud crap was bogus and yet that Fox News reported to their viewers fraud really did exist. I think at this point the question is how much will it cost the network, but Dominion also individually sued the news anchors, and Trumps lawyers. With this newly released information it’s obvious that the election fraud claims were all fraudulent. This should be interesting to watch play out, because some of the individuals involved and being sued are not going to recover from these lawsuits and what’s hilarious is that their boss Rupert Murdoch sold them all out!:lol:

It's all good to take away attention from the fact that stolen election claims cost taxpayers millions of dollars that Trump is personally liable for.

The sad part is he got away with ripping of the American people yet again, and some actually love him for it. 

I think the reporters who supported him and his lies should barred from working in journalism.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, and-then said:

I agree.  They SHOULD sue him.  It will allow his attorneys to do some digging of their own. 

What?  And field another frivilous lawsuit?  You do know that Trump doesn't pay his lawyers?  Nobody good will work for him.  Instead he gets some very damaged people who happen to have law degrees to represent him almost pro-bono.  

As to the on-air "talent", had there been ANY SERIOUS EVIDENCE of election tampering, this court case wouldn't be happening.  Instead we have evidence that Trump himself tried to tamper with the election process post-fact, and thankfully unsuccessfully.  This is why the electoral process has party scrutineers.  To insure that there is no wrongdoing.  Instead we have Trump's recorded phone calls to state governors insinuating that they should find him another 12,000 votes.  As a former GOP member myself, this sort of trashy behavior is why I left the party.  The GOP's trajectory is ugly, and the conservative values it once stood for have been over-run by fanatical Right Wing Extremists that the USA does not need.

I won't be voting GOP again until this ugliness in the party is dealt with.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, and-then said:

I agree.  They SHOULD sue him.  It will allow his attorneys to do some digging of their own.  All I see in this article is that Murdoch allowed his on-air talent the latitude to speak freely about what they believed at the time.  Funny thing... if you get a billion-dollar lawsuit filed and you have to be deposed, especially in an environment where there is ZERO CHANCE of an honest jury, you might just change your mind about standing up for what you believe.

That’s not reasonable, by admitting and throwing his anchors under the Bus he is going to lose this lawsuit. How can admitting to intentionally knowing the information was false and putting it to the public anyway serve his cause. What’s worst is the news anchor’s like Hannity, and Carlson also knew the information was false yet they reported and mislead their audience anyway. This could flush Fox down the toilet of media sources.

First it’s obviously not nonsense and you’re wrong it changes everything because it opens the door to the disinformation that the election was stolen being nothing but a lie!:yes:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

It’s written in crayons, News host dared “endorse” 2020 election claims. …let’s talk about the 2016 Russian collusion claims. How many hosts “endorsed” those claims?

Edited by el midgetron

33 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

It’s written in crayons, News host dared “endorse” 2020 election claims. …let’s talk about the 2016 Russian collusion claims. How many hosts “endorsed” those claims?

Trumo was financed by Russia back in the 1990s.  He is definitely Russian owned.  When Putin falls and the FSB files are opened, then Trump will have the cold light of truth shone on his treason.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I would sincerely appreciate it if you stayed on topic!:)

• Like 6

Tucker Carlson’s emails release by Fox News, where Tucker openly admits he lied to his audience about election fraud, this information was released due to the Dominion Lawsuit!

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, and-then said:

I think you miscalculate this.  This is a deposition sworn under oath.  Think about it for a second, if Murdoch, Carlson, and Hannity and the others BELIEVED that that the election was stolen, FOX would be home free, the lawsuit would be defeated because it wasn't done with malice or knowledge.  In addition to the deposition, you have the text messages saying it was BS and Trump was dangerous.  Those  were emails from Carlson and others.  Tucker even talked about ratings in emails.

If they had not done all of this, they would not have admitted under oath that they did. Backpaddling or changing their tune is the worst thing they could do, it doesn't get them out of the suit.  Funny thing, if they had believed it and stood up for it, they would not be in so much trouble.

Of course it changes nothing for you, but it may affect a lot of other people.  At one point Rupert said it was not red or blue, it was green.  They did this all for money.   For a lot of people, that is the nail in the coffin for MSM of which FOX is a part.  Maybe that is the best part, people figuring out that no media can be trusted.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Honestly,  it sounds like a repeat of the Rachel Maddow/OAN case (and the near-identical Tucker Carlson/Karen McDougall case). Sounds like it will come down to whether their news segment was a straight up news-only segment,  or whether they were talking heads offering their various opinions. Unless there is a legal difference here that I'm unaware of (always possible), this may just go down as more of the same. 

• Haha 3

Fox hosts endorsed false election claims - Murdoch

Rupert Murdoch, the billionaire owner of Fox News, has acknowledged some of the network's stars endorsed false claims the 2020 election was stolen. 

Mr Murdoch's comments were revealed in a legal filing as part of a defamation lawsuit brought by ballot tech company Dominion Voting Systems. Fox News denies defamation - saying the hosts' words were taken out of context. "Some of our commentators were endorsing it," Mr Murdoch said in a sworn deposition filed on Monday. Asked about certain on-air claims that echoed Mr Trump's, he said: "I would have liked us to be stronger in denouncing it, in hindsight." 

Fox News has argued that the comments are protected under the constitutional right to free speech, and that it was only reporting on Mr Trump's allegations, not supporting them.  In a statement provided to BBC News on Monday, Fox said Dominion's lawsuit "mischaracterizes the facts by cherry-picking soundbites, omitting key context, and mischaracterizing the record". In order to prove defamation, lawyers for Dominion would have to successfully argue that Fox presented false information, and did so knowing that it was untrue.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/fox-hosts-endorsed-false-election-claims-murdoch/ar-AA181gq1?cvid=ad21a20f23fd479ea6098260cd9bb860

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

What?  And field another frivilous lawsuit?  You do know that Trump doesn't pay his lawyers?  Nobody good will work for him.  Instead he gets some very damaged people who happen to have law degrees to represent him almost pro-bono.  

Or  he winds up those with no standing to file a complaint.  Then he whinges about the Law comspiring against him.

Victimhood is a good deal.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

lying about an election result in order to create an insurrection that aimed to overthrow an elected government.

This^ doesn't really come into play with the current litigation.  Probably a good thing, too.  Unless our justice system has totally collapsed from corruption, your statement above simply cannot be proven.  It is an opinion. 

That riot occurred because there was an unprecedented number of violations, most of which occurred due to the uncontrolled, unverifiable mail-in ballots.  If that is allowed to occur again in the battleground states, we will have had our last election.                                                                                                              Millions will stop voting but they will also stop feeling the compulsion to obey a government they see as illegitimate.  You can't imprison millions of people.  

1 minute ago, and-then said:

This^ doesn't really come into play with the current litigation.  Probably a good thing, too.  Unless our justice system has totally collapsed from corruption, your statement above simply cannot be proven.  It is an opinion. 

That riot occurred because there was an unprecedented number of violations, most of which occurred due to the uncontrolled, unverifiable mail-in ballots.  If that is allowed to occur again in the battleground states, we will have had our last election.                                                                                                              Millions will stop voting but they will also stop feeling the compulsion to obey a government they see as illegitimate.  You can't imprison millions of people.  

Well it was also due to the myth that dominion voting machines were switching votes from Trump to Biden which was a conspiracy theory promoted by Trump, and his lawyers using Fox News to disseminate the false accusations. Fox was responsible for this and this is exactly what this lawsuit is about. Now, how do you think people will feel when all the litigation and Fox Emails are made public and it is proven that the President was involved in this deception. Remember it’s not if,  but when this information is released, and that is going to happen very soon,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

The USA put a lot of trust in Dominion, and they have a lot at stake credibility-wise. 

On this^ we totally agree.  Dominion has a lot to lose and I doubt they will lose this case against Fox.  The effect brought about by basically criminalizing any statement that that election was flawed to the point of flipping state results, will make it impossible for Fox to win.   As for Dominion, I don't trust ANY corporation to count our votes if they don't have full transparency on their system.  That software is proprietary and they refuse to let people see the code.  Does that seem okay to you?  I can tell you that even when Dominion takes Fox to the cleaners, it isn't going to change the opinions of those who believe they were cheated and no one ever was even allowed to investigate HOW it was done.  

So... the mocking of those folks will continue but their opinions and voices will never be silenced.  If we don't find a way to come together and agree on ways to restore trust in the process, we're going to lose it all.  It's just a matter of time, and that, not long.

5 minutes ago, and-then said:

On this^ we totally agree.  Dominion has a lot to lose and I doubt they will lose this case against Fox.  The effect brought about by basically criminalizing any statement that that election was flawed to the point of flipping state results, will make it impossible for Fox to win.   As for Dominion, I don't trust ANY corporation to count our votes if they don't have full transparency on their system.  That software is proprietary and they refuse to let people see the code.  Does that seem okay to you?  I can tell you that even when Dominion takes Fox to the cleaners, it isn't going to change the opinions of those who believe they were cheated and no one ever was even allowed to investigate HOW it was done.  

So... the mocking of those folks will continue but their opinions and voices will never be silenced.  If we don't find a way to come together and agree on ways to restore trust in the process, we're going to lose it all.  It's just a matter of time, and that, not long.

Virtue signalling about reconciliation but the other side has to do it all.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

That’s not reasonable, by admitting and throwing his anchors under the Bus he is going to lose this lawsuit. How can admitting to intentionally knowing the information was false and putting it to the public anyway serve his cause. What’s worst is the news anchor’s like Hannity, and Carlson also knew the information was false yet they reported and mislead their audience anyway. This could flush Fox down the toilet of media sources.

First it’s obviously not nonsense and you’re wrong it changes everything because it opens the door to the disinformation that the election was stolen being nothing but a lie!:yes:

Remember when busted BOMs qnon lawyer lady told the judge to the effect no rational person would believe election fraud, and only the most credulous believe it and look silly doing so.

now this cat admitting some faux reporters pushed the election fraud hoax might be played to the end faux isnt a news source its an entertainment idea and election fraud claims was a entertainment ruse like Orson wells war of worlds radio show.

Come on craig can you name one rational person who still clings to election fraud was real?

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Remember when busted BOMs qnon lawyer lady told the judge to the effect no rational person would believe election fraud, and only the most credulous believe it and look silly doing so.

Yea, I remember what Sidey Powell said very well, that’s when Dominion was suing her.

31 minutes ago, the13bats said:

now this cat admitting some faux reporters pushed the election fraud hoax might be played to the end faux isnt a news source its an entertainment idea and election fraud claims was a entertainment ruse like Orson wells war of worlds radio show.

Come on craig can you name one rational person who still clings to election fraud was real?

I can very easily name someone Paul, but I don’t want to insult anyone on forum. Not, only that I honestly believe there are millions of Americans who are still hanging on to that nonsense and part of that is because of good old Fox News!:lol:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yea, I remember what Sidey Powell said very well, that’s when Dominion was suing her.

I can very easily name someone Paul, but I don’t want to insult anyone on forum. Not, only that I honestly believe there are millions of Americans who are still hanging on to that nonsense and part of that is because of good old Fox News!:lol:

I said can you name a "rational" person.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, and-then said:

I wouldn’t say it changes nothing. They will be far more bold in the future when they steal elections. 

Funny how dominion never sued the other networks for saying the same things not very long ago. They didn’t even get a buzz word nickname like “election deniers”. Lol

• Thanks 1