Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Murdoch says some Fox hosts 'endorsed' false election claims

Grim Reaper 6

4 hours ago, Portre said:

Check again.

"Seventy-two percent (72%) of Democrats believe it’s likely the 2016 election outcome was changed by Russian interference."

Many people would call that a distinction without a difference. 

The fact is that people questioned the 2016 election, and still do question it. And it was not just ok but encouraged. Fast forward 4 years and even floating a suggestion that something happened is "election denial". 

Next, it's worth noting that the experts don't believe that there was enough interference to change the outcome of the 2016 election.

And lastly, there's been a subtle shift over the last few years in how this has been presented in the mainstream left wing media (and I've noticed especially in the last 2 years). Right now discussion about Russian interference is very passive - "Russia interfered". 2 years ago, and further back in time to when it first happened, the accusations were "Donald Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election". This is from 2019, so it's a bit out of date, but demonstrates my point quite aptly - more than half of Americans believe Trump colluded with Russia (link). I'm sure the numbers are probably lower today than they were in 2019 (or maybe not, who knows) but this is still a well known popular belief, despite there being no evidence of this! 

On 2/28/2023 at 4:03 AM, and-then said:

All I see in this article is that Murdoch allowed his on-air talent the latitude to speak freely about what they believed at the time. 

The point is they clearly didn't believe it at the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

19 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Many people would call that a distinction without a difference. 

Were that true, you wouldn't have changed the text of the site you referenced. Or perhaps if that Big Orange Mass spent the last two years claiming massive fraud on an unprecedented scale likely changed the outcome you might have something. But no, as usual in MAGAt world, you're whataboutism ends up comparing apples to a large orange flabby thing.

Next, it's worth noting that the experts don't believe that there was enough interference to change the outcome of the 2016 election.

MAGAt experts? Faux News experts? QAnon? Site these experts.

And lastly,

Finally!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Portre said:

Were that true, you wouldn't have changed the text of the site you referenced. Or perhaps if that Big Orange Mass spent the last two years claiming massive fraud on an unprecedented scale likely changed the outcome you might have something. But no, as usual in MAGAt world, you're whataboutism ends up comparing apples to a large orange flabby thing.

I don't believe there was any mass fraud to change the election, it's almost like you are pigeonholing me into a box I don't belong in because you have a set of prejudices about what people like me believe! 

Your demeanour suggests there is no point in trying! 

Finally!

You reached out and began this discussion with ME, remember, don't blame me for responding - if you don't want to hear a response, don't reply to me! That's fine by me - finally! 

Edited by Paranoid Android

14 hours ago, Portre said:

Finally!

Think about it these cards falling have to be very deeply devastating to those few who still worship at the alter of BOM every rational person knows BOM made all that up because he is an ego bloated narssisist sort loser man child cry baby of course bent kneed minions like tucked will go along with anything their lord and master bellows,

Im not at all surprized that humiliated and feeling duped BOM subjects deny election fraud now that it looks utterly riduculous to keep on supporting it, i let them have that no need to rub salt in their magaT wounds.

• 1 month later...