Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaur Eggs

wcturnersr

I would have love to see the contents of the egg. This is totally amazing.

Protein recovered from dinosaur eggs

19 March 2005

TRACES of protein have survived for more than 70 million years in dinosaur eggs from Argentina. They bear strong similarities to proteins from chicken eggs.

The Anacleto formation, in Auca Mahuevo in Patagonia, is famous for its spectacular preservation. The eggs were laid by massive long-necked plant-eaters called titanosaurs. Buried by floods, the eggs fossilised unusually fast, preserving the soft tissues and tiny bones within.

Mary Schweitzer at North Carolina State University in Raleigh injected rabbits with protein from either bird or dinosaur eggshells, collected the antibodies produced and tested whether they stuck to the other type of egg protein. Both types of antibody reacted to both proteins, indicating that they were similar (Proceedings of the Royal Society B, DOI: 10.1098/rspb.2004.2876).

Schweitzer now hopes to work out the sequence of amino acids in the ancient proteins.

Source

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• SilverCougar

• Ashley-Star*Child

• zandore

Oh I'm loving this. grin2.gif

I especially like the flood part.

Ashley, news flash - the biblical flood is not the only one that could ever have occured tongue.gif Dinosaur eggs being buried in a flood is not any great revelation. Especially when the eggs are 70 million years old tongue.gif

Oh I'm loving this!

I especialy like the dino protein is simulare to chicken (a bird) protein part.

Flooding happens alot. There's always some localized flood somewhere.

And honestly, if you lived in a place, and only knew of that as your home, and nothing about other continents and countries... and you had a huge, yet localized flood... one would think the entire world was flooded. See, back then.... they didn't know anything about the americas, or austraila, or antartica... probaly not even about China and Japan... So if there was a huge localized flood... yeah, it would seem like, to them, that the whole world is flooded. In essence that's true. Thier whole known world is flooded.

Oh I'm loving this. grin2.gif

I especially like the flood part.

532030[/snapback]

Dinosaur eggs being buried in a flood is not any great revelation. Especially when the eggs are 70 million years old
Since it was a local flood no big deal. sleepy.gif

The story was about the EGG, not the flood. Stay with us.

Very interesting indeed, this is a great find that offers us even more data about the creatures that inhabitated the this planet before us!

• 6 months later...

WICKED! We are going to have a jurassic park going on soon! :D

Where is Sam Neil when you need him?

Why do some people always naturally assume that if you believe in an ancient flood that you are connected to Christianity? There IS evidence to support the hypothesis of a LARGE flood. It doesn't necessarily point to the ark story. Loose your hang ups and open your mind.

flooding means nothing considering people have floods in their basements everytime it rains....in 70 million years the weather systems have changed so i would think in that time there was some localized flooding...