Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1% of the population cannot mentally visualize anything at all

UM-Bot

9 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

Most of us take it for granted that we can imagine things in our mind, but some people literally have no imagination whatsoever.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/364453/1-of-the-population-cannot-mentally-visualize-anything-at-all

This is no tragedy.  The world also needs substitute teachers.

• Haha 3

One of my former coworkers was unable to visualize and describe the rooms in her own home. She was married to an architect who had Aspergers Syndrome.  He was able to mentally construct a building down to the placement of the electrical sockets before putting it all on paper. 

Dr. Oliver Sacks had a condition called Prosopagnosia. He was unable to recognize a familiar face until the person approached him and spoke to him. He recognized their voices and knew the particular gait in their walk, but his mind couldn’t retrieve memories of what their faces looked like. I think the one exception was the face of his Mother.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

More like 89 million or so, according to the television people.

On 3/1/2023 at 10:29 PM, Alchopwn said:

This is no tragedy.  The world also needs substitute teachers.

• Haha 1

No doubt that shrooms amplify your brain's ability to process images and colors. It's literally mind-blowing the ability of the human mind to be able to create. My ability is completely unlimited to visualize any image when on shrooms....bright, vivid, intricate detail and in color.

I remember a lucid dream I had once where the imagery in my mind was on a big movie screen and I would think something and the movie would come out as dream symbology. It was incredible for the short time it lasted.