Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lightfoot Out As Mayor, Says She Was Treated Unfairly As A Black Woman

el midgetron

In the wake of her stinging defeat in Chicago’s mayoral election, Mayor Lori Lightfoot once again cited her race and gender to complain.

Lightfoot finished behind former Chicago Public Schools CEO Paul Vallas, who garnered 34% of the vote with 94% of the votes in, and Cook County Commissioner Brandon Johnson, who gathered 20% of the vote. Lightfoot received 17% of the vote; Vallas and Johnson will meet in a runoff election on April 4.

Asked by a reporter after her concession speech if she was treated unfairly because of her race and gender, Lightfoot, who is gay, replied, “I’m a black woman in America. Of course.”

Lightfoot was elected mayor in 2019 but became the first Chicago mayor in 40 years to lose a reelection bid. Crime in Chicago has risen 52% since 2022 and over 100% since 2021.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/lightfoot-out-as-mayor-says-she-was-treated-unfairly-as-a-black-woman

Adios Beetlejuice!

• Thanks 2

I think there was an earlier thread on this... :o Maybe got deleted.

I'm not going to cry seeing her leave. I feel she didn't do as good a job as she could have.

Now shes blaming the loss on her status as a gay black woman. I thought that's how she got the job to begin with.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lori-lightfoot-ripped-reportedly-blaming-re-election-loss-race-gender-utter-failure

Edit: Oh, I think it was in the Biden thread...

Carry on...

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 6

Wow, another politician who does not accept personal responsibility for failures  but blames outside factors instead.  I guess that crosses party line, genders, and race.

Crime was the issue for voters, and it is not a problem of money, there was no defunding of the police.  But seemingly there is no plan either.

The Chicago Police Department's budget is set to increase by $64 million in 2023 to a total of $1.94 billion.Jan 2, 2023

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Wow, another politician who does not accept personal responsibility for failures  but blames outside factors instead.  I guess that crosses party line, genders, and race.

Yes, but there does seem to be a racial disparity in who race plays the card. I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of a white politician blaming their privilege for an election bid loss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Crime was the issue for voters, and it is not a problem of money, there was no defunding of the police.  But seemingly there is no plan either.

At Least 13 Cities Are Defunding Their Police Departments

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2020/08/13/at-least-13-cities-are-defunding-their-police-departments/?sh=5b84a56129e3

After backlash they decided it wasn't such a good idea and have started putting back in.

• Like 7

Right , she can blame those factors and say she was mistreated for being a black woman , or even a gay one or whatever , but she originally was elected mayor under those circumstances, so go figure.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Michelle said:

At Least 13 Cities Are Defunding Their Police Departments

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2020/08/13/at-least-13-cities-are-defunding-their-police-departments/?sh=5b84a56129e3

After backlash they decided it wasn't such a good idea and have started putting back in.

True enough but I didn't see Chicago among them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

Yes, but there does seem to be a racial disparity in who race plays the card. I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of a white politician blaming their privilege for an election bid loss. 

Very true, privileged white people can't use that one, they have to claim it was stolen by another white person.   But here is the bottom line for me: as one of my old bosses said, "Pick an excuse any one will do."  Nobody wants to admit coming in 2nd.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Nobody wants to admit coming in 2nd.

I make number twos everyday. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I thought that's how she got the job to begin with.

Wow... you just pulled off a hat trick... sexist, racist, and misogynist!  WELL DONE! :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Well, to be fair, Chicago needs mechanized infantry for the criminal element that run the city.

2 hours ago, el midgetron said:

09726A2F-7973-43EA-9A5B-DA0F180176D1.jpeg.89215c492f9dfee81277faa8cdacdb56.jpeg

Mayor-elect Lightfoot meeting with Ivanka Trump, Daughter of then-President of the United States Donald Trump, on May 7, 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Lightfoot

Wtf did I just introduce Trump to this thread? 

Why should you be any different?  I mean, after all, "he's like the wind" :rofl:

• Like 1

She was the worst person for the job and all she can do is cry about racism when it was not a factor at all.   She loved that racism played a factor in getting her elected but she didn't admit to it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

True, but I believe you've said several times that the police have not been defunded in any city and since you brought it up... I apologize if I am mistaken. Sometimes it's like people don't know what google is. I usually look something up before I post it unless it's very common knowledge. I do it because I absolutely hate having my facts wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

I usually look something up before I post it unless it's very common knowledge. I do it because I absolutely hate having my facts wrong.

I try to as well.  Sometimes I screw up, 

I'm a Chicago area resident.  Lightfoot was horrible.  Rahm was actually a pretty good mayor.  Unfortunately, the police misconduct scandals brought him down.

The problem is the Lightfoot replacements will be just as bad....   same far left progressive policies just in a different package.  Both will be beholden to an out of control teachers union.  police union.  Soft on crime in the name of equity...

It is unfortunate because Chicago is truly a world class city but for our politics...  it is on a slow roll to mimic Portland and Seattle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

I'm a Chicago area resident.  Lightfoot was horrible.  Rahm was actually a pretty good mayor.  Unfortunately, the police misconduct scandals brought him down.

The problem is the Lightfoot replacements will be just as bad....   same far left progressive policies just in a different package.  Both will be beholden to an out of control teachers union.  police union.  Soft on crime in the name of equity...

It is unfortunate because Chicago is truly a world class city but for our politics...  it is on a slow roll to mimic Portland and Seattle.

Sorry to hear that.  My parents were from Chicago and we would visit my grandparents there when I was young.  Last time we went, the area was crime ridden.   The hotel had bullet holes in it.  

1 hour ago, Edumakated said:

police union.  Soft on crime in the name of equity...

Why would a police union be soft on crime? 

32 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Why would a police union be soft on crime? 

No so much soft on crime, but union politics - high taxes to fund golden pensions, etc.  Chicago has some of the highest property taxes in the country and it is because of union graft in regard to pensions.  

• Like 1

Ihttps://finance.yahoo.com/news/lightfoot-mayoral-loss-follows-corporate-110036452.html

While homicides ebbed last year, other crimes continued to rise. Lightfoot sparred with the city’s law enforcement over a variety of issues and her failure to address the increase in violent crime prompted many corporations to relocate their headquarters out of the Chicago area.

Boeing became the first major corporation to head for the exits ....

Caterpillar followed suit a month later, ....

Billionaire Ken Griffin announced last June that he would move his hedge fund, Citadel, ....

Last September, McDonald’s CEO Chris Kempczinski said the fast food giant was facing challenges in recruiting top talent to work in its headquarters in Chicago ....

The list of companies leaving Chicago grew further in October 2022 when Tyson Foods announced that it would move ...

Good job Lightfoot. Drive those Capitalist Pigs out of town. 

• Like 1

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3877974-johnson-to-face-vallas-in-chicago-mayoral-runoff/

Johnson will probably win. He'll basically be just Lightfoot 2.0 IMHO. His quotes and record is one of out on the Left, so further left then Lightfoot was at the end.

• Thanks 1