Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sky Sighter's video anomalies page

Sky Sighter

I put more rods off my 03-13 sky cam recording if you want to check them out.  I was wondering if anyone was interested in putting up their own cam to see if they could get something like this and we can learn more sbout what these things are.

34 minutes ago, Sky Sighter said:

I put more rods off my 03-13 sky cam recording

what are rods?

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

what are rods?

These flying things that I keep catching on my sky cam.  Next I will try and get them in slow motion, but for now my tech is limited.  Theyre like bugs and move like eels.  The ones I found are far off the ground probably a good 30 meters or more.  Probably why I never saw one with my eyes.  I'm sure theres a reasonable explanation for them but info is hard to find.

Heres the link to my blog videos

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090291111125

Edited by Sky Sighter

6 hours ago, Sky Sighter said:

I'm sure theres a reasonable explanation for them but info is hard to find.

they are bugs. tons of info on it.. keep up

12 hours ago, Dejarma said:

they are bugs. tons of info on it.. keep up

Wheres a good place to start for info?

I got another rod video from last night, using two cameras this time.  They seem to like appearing between 7pm and 10pm most of the time with some variations.

Video up for 3-18.  Got a laser beam bouncing off the sky, a sphere and some rods.

Edited by Sky Sighter

On 3/2/2023 at 3:02 AM, Sky Sighter said:

I'm preparing one of the new recordings right now.  Here is a single image of a light caught on my sky cam.  The light appears on the edge of the building then launches into the air, moving off screen.  5.23 seconds.  I am sleepy so will finish this entry tomorrow.

02-28-2023 5:08am

02-28-2023 5.08am - glowing light all positions.png

That is Elon Musks Starlink internet satellite 

SPACEX-STARLINK-SATELLITES-CONSTELLATION 

I spent all day processing skycam videos but my eyes were getting screwy and I must take a short break.  The quality is probably close to double that of when I first started recording these clips, and as such, the amount of memory and power to process them has also increased, consuming more time, but at the same time sharpening the picture and deepening the details.

In todays video theres some definite anomalous craft and more unusuals after two days of almost nothing. I will post it as soon as I finish the presentation.  I don't like sitting on this stuff and keep in mind how exhileratig it would have been for an opportunity like this when I was first getting into the ufology books, so when it seems greuling and pointless I remember that and push myself to make another one.

These things are everywhere (in Las Vegas) and almost nobody sees them. (who is gonna stare at the sky for 12 hours a day to catch a 5 second glimpse of something they might second guess?) 

I am still working on the FEB28 cluster video which will probably be the centerpiece of my recording collection, unless something more exciting shows up on my cameras.  Soon though I will put this away for a long while because the time consumption factor and I fear that I am bringing my laptop life to a quicker end. I got other things I want to do and I cant get to them and process videos for seven hours a day simultaneously.  I urge you to set up your own camera and see what you can find.

Edited by Sky Sighter

Since quitting the sky cam kick I have began re-examining the 02-28 recording with the new full sharp quality process and the difference is very noticeable.  I'm sort of confused at what is there, some of the time it appears to be debris on the wind but other times theres some anomalous looking stuff in there.  Maybe its some sort of electronics interference that is similar to what nuclear radiation does to cameras, as it does appear much like that as well.  But then theres some objects that very clearly look solid and near the clouds, reflecting light and some appear stationary while the "debris" appears to blow past.  But I am not done yet and hopefully I can get to the bottom of it.

None of the other sky cam videos I recorded have anything like this in them and I recorded over 10 full 24 hours worth of video over a 5 week period, so it definitely needs some more attention.  I'm a quarter through it and once I'm done and post the results on Facebook I am going to give this sky watch hobby a long long rest until I invest in better equipment.  6 mo/1year.  

Edited by Sky Sighter