Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Democrats plot effort to counter Tucker Carlson on Jan. 6 narrative

OverSword

House Democrats are shaping a strategy to push back against the public broadcast of Jan. 6 surveillance footage recently provided by Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) to Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who is promising to air clips on his popular prime-time program in the coming weeks.

The process is in its early stages, and “nothing formal” has been finalized, according to a Democratic source familiar with the deliberations.But Democrats of all stripes say they have no faith that Carlson, who has promoted conspiracy theories surrounding the Capitol rampage of Jan. 6, 2021, will use the exclusive footage to present an impartial account of the events of that day. And House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) said this week that he’s in discussions with fellow Democrats about a plan to counter, if necessary, the narrative that emerges from Carlson’s segments. 

Link

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

They really should just release everything to everyone. Instead of giving it to a talk show host to only release select clips. 

Both parties had the opportunity to do this and neither of them did.

That part seems weird, I agree.  Has anyone ever heard of the government giving an exclusive before??

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That part seems weird, I agree.  Has anyone ever heard of the government giving an exclusive before??

That's a good question and I honestly don't know 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Both parties had the opportunity to do this and neither of them did.

Are you sure?  It was my understanding that when Nancy was Speaker, even the defense attorneys for the rioters had a difficult time getting access to these tapes so they could try to defend their clients.  I agree that the release should be for all of the public but considering how that year+ long committee did its business, it isn't too much to ask to allow the Republicans the chance to see all of it first.  It's all perfectly predictable of course.  That committee no doubt went through every second of video from every camera available and used what they thought would best make the case/narrative they were pursuing.

At this point, the new Speaker should make it clear that the dissemination of all of this video is only delayed.  Nothing is going to change anyone's mind but hopefully some of the poor slobs who are still being held without a trial can benefit from sifting through this record.  We've seen multiple accounts in conservative leaning media that say the FBI had a lot of representation in those crowds.  IF these videos prove that, then it's quite possible that independent minded adults who vote may take notice.  The reality that tens of Americans are being held in a DC lockup since just after this riot - over two years!) without a trial or a chance to present exculpatory evidence, should cause any rational American to be outraged.  Those who aren't, IMO, deserve the same kind of treatment.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

It is pretty obvious that Tucked Man will not give a nonpartisan view of what the Tapes actually show. That’s why McCarty chose him to give his personal account. After Tucked Man and the rest of Fox were caught lying about the election fraud case in the Dominion Lawsuit it seems that Tucked Man and the rest of Fox News has a major credibility problem. But, in reality I don’t care one way or the other because anyone with any common sense knows that McCatheys only did this because his handler told him to do it. It must really suck to be puppet being controlled by others. I personally don’t believe getting the Position of Speaker of the House is worth having when you must first ask permission to act, kinda sad!:yes:

• Like 3

Like I said before, let Tucker try and and mislead Fox viewers again with edited Jan.6  footage.  The Dominion lawsuit has already demonstrated that he is a liar and a propogandist.  It would be a simple matter to prove it again considering the footage isn't exactly classified material and will come to light on other news media soon enough.  If Tucker is dumb enough to sink his own ship. More power to him.  Personally, if I was in his boots, I would try to be more open and honest to save my reputation, career, and most importantly my $30 million net worth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

It is pretty obvious that Tucked Man will not give a nonpartisan view of what the Tapes actually show.

Why do you assume that the Democrats on that committee DID give a "nonpartisan" view?  Do you think they wouldn't take excerpts or certain camera angles over others as a way to make their narrative work?  I think it would be naive in the extreme to believe that.  They never even allowed witnesses with dissenting/exculpatory evidence.  This is set up to provide answers but no one will change their mind unless he happens to find absolute PROOF that facial recognition places multiple FBI or DHS agents in that crowd, in what appears to be "leadership" roles.  I'm not claiming that's the case but there have been rumors to that effect.  IMO, THAT is the only possible deal breaker for those in media who will do their best to shout down the evidence.

15 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

let Tucker try and and mislead Fox viewers again with edited Jan.6  footage

I agree that full context is critical but we both know that no one here will change their mind no matter the evidence or context.  The only possible exception will be if there is proof of alphabet agency involvement that the government has so far refused to acknowledge.  If that kind of proof surfaces, it will be difficult to deny unless they can PROVE the video itself has been manipulated to the level of a deep fake.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

FOX has thrown Carlson under the bus on this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, and-then said:

Why do you assume that the Democrats on that committee DID give a "nonpartisan" view?  Do you think they wouldn't take excerpts or certain camera angles over others as a way to make their narrative work?  I think it would be naive in the extreme to believe that.  They never even allowed witnesses with dissenting/exculpatory evidence.  This is set up to provide answers but no one will change their mind unless he happens to find absolute PROOF that facial recognition places multiple FBI or DHS agents in that crowd, in what appears to be "leadership" roles.  I'm not claiming that's the case but there have been rumors to that effect.  IMO, THAT is the only possible deal breaker for those in media who will do their best to shout down the evidence.

This will change no one’s minds, people already believe what they do. I think the government should have just released the video footage and kept the Media out of it, that way each American can decide for themselves. By, running this through any media source will add bias, no matter which side of the political spectrum was used to release it. The reason I think Fox News is a poor choice is because they just lost major credibility on both political sides of the spectrum because of the Dominion Lawsuit. 

14 minutes ago, and-then said:

I agree that full context is critical but we both know that no one here will change their mind no matter the evidence or context.  The only possible exception will be if there is proof of alphabet agency involvement that the government has so far refused to acknowledge.  If that kind of proof surfaces, it will be difficult to deny unless they can PROVE the video itself has been manipulated to the level of a deep fake.  

None of that will be answered by watching this video, because the video will not be released complete. It will be redacted, in order to hide secret locations where Congressmen and Senators take shelter in a situation like that. So, none of us will really see the full footage, this just another political game that will turn into a NOTHING Burger!

JIMHO

I saw heard all i needed to BOM insisted his minions into a failed insurrection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Okay in my lame attempt to get back on topic, im not shocked side "A" wants to counter side "B" in this 6th comedy, like i have said all along imnsho it doesnt much matter who was a puppet or minion or did or didnt do a good job that day, to start dominos falling it takes that nudge and that nudge came from the tiny hand of BOM braying and bleeting for his worshippers to keep him in power ]no matter what "fight" he bellowed, they did what their master commanded and lucky for the American people it was just as big an epic fail as everything BOM touches.

• Haha 1

Is the J6 committee still a thing? Why is Trump still free? Wasn't the evidence "damning"? Where is the video of Trump choking out his security detail while driving with the other hand all from the back seat? They didn't hire that actress to tell a fairy tale at such an important event in the eve of the worst terrorist attack this country has seen since 911, Pearl harbor, the Civil War, the war of 1812, the revolutionary war and the Crusades combined to the 10th power, did they? 

• Like 5

Well well, that’s a horse of a different color. Hmm

That guy got 4 years. Wonder if this footage was allowed in court??

• Like 3

3 hours ago, F3SS said:

Why so silent?!

Doesn't fit narrative that that guy was next to Bin Laden....

• Like 6

5 hours ago, F3SS said:

Why so silent?!

What is there to talk about?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Schumer on the floor of the Senate, having a meltdown and crying danger! Danger!

• Like 4