Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Spiritual Path is Scientific.

Crazy Horse

Causality is the science of cause and effect.

When this happens, that happens, and, when this stops, that stops too.

When the science of causality is applied to ones over-all, well being, (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual) - well, that's the Spiritual Path right there.

Avoiding nothing, taking responsibility for everything, one tries this, or that, and sees for themselves what works, and what doesn't.

And like science, one distinguishes between what works, and what doesn't by observation.

A journey, you might say, to ever greater peace, tranquillity, happiness and abundance too.

Thoughts...:D

• Like 2

The spirtual path is based on emotions. With the only science being the number of repetitions it takes a person to thoroughly convince themselves that the lie of their choice is true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

The spirtual path is based on emotions. With the only science being the number of repetitions it takes a person to thoroughly convince themselves that the lie of their choice is true.

Do you trust your emotions?

Any lie, (of choice) is going to lead one to pain, suffering, and conflict..

The truth on the other hand will set one free from those things.

And its here, that the "experiments" are seen to work, or not.

Do you actually want to find an inner peace?

10 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Do you trust your emotions?

Any lie, (of choice) is going to lead one to pain, suffering, and conflict..

The truth on the other hand will set one free from those things.

And its here, that the "experiments" are seen to work, or not.

Do you actually want to find an inner peace?

Emotions are fickle. They come and go. Trying to base all decisions off one's emotions is a terrible idea. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Emotions are fickle. They come and go. Trying to base all decisions off one's emotions is a terrible idea. 

Well, once one simply accepts life, as it comes, then ones emotions tend to settle down into a more peaceful mode.

And basing ones decisions from this place, is far from being a terrible idea.

10 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Well, once one simply accepts life, as it comes, then ones emotions tend to settle down into a more peaceful mode.

You don't need spirituality for that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You don't need spirituality for that. 

But you cant separate the two either, whether one believes in Spirit or not, is irrelevant.

You may not believe in GOD, but GOD believes in you.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, flying squid said:

:tu:

Image - 665383] | Demotivational Posters | Know Your Meme

Science hasn't debunked anything.

Its just too scared to look.

Because that would lead to folks abandoning consumerism, materialism etc, which leads us back to Free Market Capitalism.

Yep, those same bankers don't want you to believe in anything except greed.

Edited by Crazy Horse
Spelling

7 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

But you cant separate the two either, whether one believes in Spirit or not, is irrelevant.

Yes you can. A life with less. All the mental baggage involved in believing in something. God, whatever for of spirituality, enlightenment, etc. A nihilist believes nothing. So a lot less mental strain. Things just are. A god isn't required to just exist. 

Plus you and many others do not speak for any god that may or may not exist. You are only speaking for yourselves.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Yes you can. A life with less. All the mental baggage involved in believing in something. God, whatever for of spirituality, enlightenment, etc. A nihilist believes nothing. So a lot less mental strain. Things just are. A god isn't required to just exist. 

Plus you and many others do not speak for any god that may or may not exist. You are only speaking for yourselves.

Ok, calm down.

So, do you want to find a deep and lasting inner peace?

35 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

So, do you want to find a deep and lasting inner peace?

That's just you trying bait people in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

That's just you trying bait people in. 

I am trying to get a simple answer to a simple question, one which you seem intent on avoiding.

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

I am trying to get a simple answer to a simple question, one which you seem intent on avoiding.

You want to offer me something. Because if I answer that question, you'll start ranting about this thing and that thing. All that bliss bunny bs. How you are the happiness primate on the planet, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You want to offer me something. Because if I answer that question, you'll start ranting about this thing and that thing. All that bliss bunny bs. How you are the happiness primate on the planet, etc. 

I don't need to rant about anything, but if your world-view cannot stand-up to a simple question...

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

I don't need to rant about anything, but if your world-view cannot stand-up to a simple question...

Nothing to do with my world view. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Nothing to do with my world view. 

Ok, so tell me, do you actually want to find an inner peace, or not?

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

No need to get overly hung up on that word 'scientific'. All rational learning and testing is part and parcel of a rational scientific mind.

And 'The Spiritual Path' is the most important 'science' there is. You go not-so-Crazy Horse! Don't let all the materialists and negativists get you down. I don't. 

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

No need to get overly hung up on that word 'scientific'. All rational learning and testing is part and parcel of a rational scientific mind.

And 'The Spiritual Path' is the most important 'science' there is. You not-so-crazy horse!

Exactly.

And yet science is always seen as the opposite of religion, and so I thought a nice admixture of the two, would be of some value.

And whereas traditionally, science has been testing the material and the mental states, it hasn't bothered to look too closely at Spirituality.

Which has been left to the mystical, esoteric followers of mainstream religious traditions, and kept very much to the side, if not completely out-of-sight from the general public.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Exactly.

And yet science is always seen as the opposite of religion, and so I thought a nice admixture of the two, would be of some value.

And whereas traditionally, science has been testing the material and the mental states, it hasn't bothered to look too closely at Spirituality.

Which has been left to the mystical, esoteric followers of mainstream religious traditions, and kept very much to the side, if not completely out-of-sight from the general public.

I am pro-Science, pro-Spirituality and anti-Scientism myself.

A key point is mainstream science only uses information from the physical senses and instruments. The Vedic (Hindu) science and other esoteric sciences also use the psychic, mystical and super-physical observations and experiences of many masters/rishis/adepts collected into a system of understanding. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am pro-Science, pro-Spirituality and anti-Scientism myself.

A key point is mainstream science only uses information from the physical senses and instruments. The Vedic (Hindu) science and other esoteric sciences also use the psychic, mystical and super-physical observations and experiences of many masters/rishis/adepts collected into a system of understanding. 

Thanks, because that was what I was trying to convey in the OP!!!

That the spiritual path is scientific by any definition.

And that mainstream science, would not take a look at ones inner, spiritual journey, because it would be bad for business.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

When the science of causality is applied to ones over-all, well being, (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual) - well, that's the Spiritual Path right there.

Avoiding nothing, taking responsibility for everything, one tries this, or that, and sees for themselves what works, and what doesn't.

And like science, one distinguishes between what works, and what doesn't by observation.

A journey, you might say, to ever greater peace, tranquillity, happiness and abundance too.

1. Causality is not a science per se, it’s just an observable fact.

2.  I don’t know why you would want or need science to validate your spiritual path.  “Spirit” is not measurable by any scientific instrumentation and it is not even verified as a real thing.  A spiritual path can be anything a person decides it to be.

3. Having inner peace, tranquility, happiness, etc….seems like an unnatural goal.  This world is harsh and the struggle is real.  One may say this is what we were designed to live like, and what you offer is a happy dream.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Technically speaking, God wouldn’t actually believe anything, would it?  Believing and Knowing are two different things.  A person believes when they don’t know.  God is said to be omniscient or all-knowing and therefore has no need for belief.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Thanks, because that was what I was trying to convey in the OP!!!

That the spiritual path is scientific by any definition.

And that mainstream science, would not take a look at ones inner, spiritual journey, because it would be bad for business.

At this point I am actually good with physical science and spiritual science remaining fairly separate as the beyond the physical is still not within the domain of mainstream science. What I don’t like is an arrogant physical science attitude (Scientism).

I learn from both. Spiritual science is though more important to me as it more understands the meaning and purpose of life and the ways to act in accordance with that purpose and how to dwell in peace, love and serenity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Science is rationalism, analysis, measurement, evidence, repetition and theory. It is about as unspiritual as sandpaper.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1