Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Officers detain 35 in clash with protesters at Atlanta police training center site

Grim Reaper 6

Thirty-five people were detained by officers at a police training center under development outside Atlanta after they clashed with law enforcement Sunday, local police said. It wasn't clear if the 35 were under arrest and, if so, what charges were being recommended. The clashes erupted in the late afternoon and were punctuated by a few fires and the sound of firecrackers at the forested site of the Atlanta Public Safety Training Center in DeKalb County, south of Atlanta. Police alleged in a Sunday night statement that a group of "outside agitators" showed up, changed into black clothing, and mounted a "coordinated attack on construction equipment and police officers." "They began to throw large rocks, bricks, Molotov cocktails, and fireworks at police officers," the Atlanta Police Department said.

They began to throw large rocks, bricks, Molotov cocktails, and fireworks at police officers," the Atlanta Police Department said. Part of the attack focused on the area under construction, the department said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/officers-detain-35-in-clash-with-protesters-at-atlanta-police-training-center-site/ar-AA18gzoZ?cvid=c9e19ef7f801470f90e8337d50826456

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Seriously?  They threw firecrackers and molotovs to "defend the Atlanta Forest"?  FFS!  I think they won tickets on the special bus.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Seriously?  They threw firecrackers and molotovs to "defend the Atlanta Forest"?  FFS!  I think they won tickets on the special bus.

Yea I know exactly what you mean, what freakin bunch of idiots!:lol:

• Like 1

I hope they throw the book at these idiots.   They should also pull the funds that will be needed to rebuild from a project that the rioters are in favor of.   No, not really, but idiots need to know that funds come from somewhere, so destroying this is just taking money from something else.  We all know that, many times, environmental projects are low on the list.  

• Like 1