Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Odd Circles Appear On The Surface Of Mars Leaving Astronomers Scratching Their Heads: NASA

Grim Reaper 6

A new batch of photos of the red planet were taken by NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. The new images included a good look at several sand dunes that appear to form into perfect circles on the surface of the planet. 

The space agency released a statement explaining how “unusual” the phenomenon is.

“They are still slightly asymmetrical, with steep slip faces on the south ends. This indicates that sand generally moves to the south, but the winds may be variable,” NASA explained. “This is part of a series of images to monitor how frost disappears in the late winter; this observation appears to be free of frost.” 

The previous images taken of the area showed the surface nearly covered in frost. The images were labeled the “bear face” after an orbiter reported the face of the planet resembling the grizzly animal.

That image was taken in December from nearly 251 km high. NASA asked: “A Bear on Mars? This feature looks a bit like a bear’s face. What is it really?”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/odd-circles-appear-on-the-surface-of-mars-leaving-astronomers-scratching-their-heads-nasa/ar-AA18nqnK?ocid=Peregrine&cvid=c9193aeef4a9403cb3322680491b0c81&ei=18

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ell said:

Fairy circles? Dark ice? Dark rock? Dunes evaporated?

I don’t know why they don’t send a Rover to check it out that would solve the issue once and for all!

• Haha 2

Say it with me folks….. I’m not saying it’s aliens… but it’s aliens. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Interesting how one picture the "holes" do indeed look like holes. Most similarly like light through water on shallow beach sand. but the other picture the "holes" look like something sitting on top of coral-like patterns. Or my eyes are just Derping.

I know scale invariance is a thing but its so difficult to get any sense of reference from these pictures

Dont really have a point, just observing

Edited by turtleinawholeshell
addition
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, turtleinawholeshell said:

Interesting how one picture the "holes" do indeed look like holes. Most similarly like light through water on shallow beach sand. but the other picture the "holes" look like something sitting on top of coral-like patterns. Or my eyes are just Derping.

I know scale invariance is a thing but its so difficult to get any sense of reference from these pictures

Dont really have a point, just observing

Well it’s a very good observation, I also thought about it too!

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum!:tu:

• Like 1

Meh, just more bigfoot pics.

• Haha 2

That's where the giant worms come out at night.

• Like 2

Maybe mars had a bad case of acne during its teen years? Either that or our rovers gave mars small pox, humans as a whole are kinda a holey that way.

To me they look like tubes , planted in the sand ...