Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sunak plot to 'snooker' Labour on migration could backfire and hand Starmer keys to No10

pellinore

EXCLUSIVE: Rishi Sunak's small boats legislation has been branded a "huge risk" for the Conservative Party, as the British public is "fed up with rhetoric".

A source said that another failed attempt at tackling the problem of migration would "give even more of a boost" to parties such as Reform, which are vying for Conservative seats at the next election.

Suella Braverman yesterday unveiled new legislation aimed at stopping the small boats crisis once and for all by deporting tens of thousands of people entering the UK illegally.

It will stop asylum, modern slavery, and human rights laws being used by migrants who have breached Britain’s borders.

Sunak plot to 'snooker' Labour on migration could backfire and hand Starmer keys to No10 | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Edited by pellinore

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

EXCLUSIVE: Rishi Sunak's small boats legislation has been branded a "huge risk" for the Conservative Party, as the British public is "fed up with rhetoric".

A source said that another failed attempt at tackling the problem of migration would "give even more of a boost" to parties such as Reform, which are vying for Conservative seats at the next election.

Suella Braverman yesterday unveiled new legislation aimed at stopping the small boats crisis once and for all by deporting tens of thousands of people entering the UK illegally.

It will stop asylum, modern slavery, and human rights laws being used by migrants who have breached Britain’s borders.

Sunak plot to 'snooker' Labour on migration could backfire and hand Starmer keys to No10 | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

:tsu:

45 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

:tsu:

Yep, wouldn't it be great to split the far right vote between Tories and Reform meaning neither of them get in?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Setton said:

Yep, wouldn't it be great to split the far right vote between Tories and Reform meaning neither of them get in?

Yes, cuz Rishi Sunak is literally Hitler. Sorry mate your Overton Window has shifted so far left it's in another dimension.

4 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Yes, cuz Rishi Sunak is literally Hitler. Sorry mate your Overton Window has shifted so far left it's in another dimension.

That would be the extreme right, not far. And while he isn't far right, the far right does currently support the Tories primarily.

2 hours ago, Setton said:

That would be the extreme right, not far. And while he isn't far right, the far right does currently support the Tories primarily.

Asked them all have you? Or is that just your assumption based on ...feelings.

Where are all these elusive 'far right' characters anyway?? Besides, most of the country support the Tories, did you see the results of the last general election, does that mean they're all 'far right' ?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

44 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Asked them all have you? Or is that just your assumption based on ...feelings.

Where are all these elusive 'far right' characters anyway??

I'm speaking to one right now...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Setton said:

I'm speaking to one right now...

I'd kick him out of your house if I were you.:lol:

So...feelings then.

When all you have is a hammer, everything else is a nail.

Understandable I suppose, I do get a hard left Corbynista vibe from most of your posts I read.

Still, you're in good company, Mayor Khan thinks anybody who opposes his ULEZ plans is 'far right' rather than face up to the reality.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

10 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Understandable I suppose, I do get a hard left Corbynista vibe from most of your posts I read.

Hear ye, hear ye, 'hard left Corbynista' has now been redefined to mean:

• Thinks leaving the EU was a bad idea
  • Thinks we should follow international law
  • Thinks all people have equal rights (even foreign ones!)
  • Thinks people shouldn't be left to starve in the world's 6th largest economy.

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Hear ye, hear ye, 'hard left Corbynista' has now been redefined to mean:

• Thinks leaving the EU was a bad idea
  • Thinks we should follow international law
  • Thinks all people have equal rights (even foreign ones!)
  • Thinks people shouldn't be left to starve in the world's 6th largest economy.

You left off number 5, .. Thinks anyone who doesn't agree with any of the previous 4 is a Nazi. 

1. Leaving or staying in the EU was put to a Democratic vote. The people (not politicians with vested interests) were given the choice and subsequently politicians have made a fist of following through on that. You think leaving was a bad idea, well that is your perogative to think that, but we were giving the choice. 

2. We do.  What do you think all the other countries of the world do with illegal immigrants? They deport them. We don't. We pay £6 million a week to house them in hotels. If I and 30 of my mates turned up in a dinghy on the shores of any country in the world with no documents do you really believe we would be afforded the same treatment? 

3. See no. 2.

4. They're not.  The last time I read a news story about somebody starving to death in this country it was an OAP in an NHS hospital. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere

8 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

You left off number 5, .. Thinks anyone who doesn't agree with any of the previous 4 is a Nazi. 

Oh, do I? Thanks for letting me know. Any time you've got some evidence, knock yourself out. 

1. Leaving or staying in the EU was put to a Democratic vote. The people (not politicians with vested interests) were given the choice and subsequently politicians have made a fist of following through on that. You think leaving was a bad idea, well that is your perogative to think that, but we were giving the choice. 

We did, and thinking that decision was a mistake, or that it's been done wrong is hardly a far left position. Unless you're saying over half the country is far left?

2. We do.  What do you think all the other countries of the world do with illegal immigrants? They deport them. We don't. We pay £6 million a week to house them in hotels. If I and 30 of my mates turned up in a dinghy on the shores of any country in the world with no documents do you really believe we would be afforded the same treatment? 

3. See no. 2.

I would point out you're conflating illegal migrants and asylum seekers again but you already know that.

Classic far right misrepresentation.

4. They're not.  The last time I read a news story about somebody starving to death in this country it was an OAP in an NHS hospital. 

Good, and I don't want it to get to that point. Apparently it's acceptable to some in our current government.

Finally, while I think this is reaching, it's an interesting comparison.

FB_IMG_1678469874831.jpg