Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery surrounds exotic cat that has tested positive for cocaine

UM-Bot

They screened it for cocaine?  You have to actually test for that kind of thing it wasn't just some random tox screen and you would not normally test a big cat for coke so it must not be too big a mystery of how it got in it's system.  They know something they didn't tell the press.

• Like 1

I guess it must have gotten a little higher than expected, to require rescuing from the top of a tree :o

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

They screened it for cocaine?  You have to actually test for that kind of thing it wasn't just some random tox screen and you would not normally test a big cat for coke so it must not be too big a mystery of how it got in it's system.  They know something they didn't tell the press.

I was wondering the same thing. Just watched cocaine bear maybe they did too.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nicolette said:

I was wondering the same thing. Just watched cocaine bear maybe they did too.

Was it any good?   I heard good things about it if you watch it knowing it is not supposed to be factual. 

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Was it any good?   I heard good things about it if you watch it knowing it is not supposed to be factual. 

It is actually loosely based on a true story.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/cocaine-bear-true-story-1235533218/

• Thanks 1

I'm also wondering how they got the idea to test the cat for cocaine. It's not very normal to test cats for cocaine I think.

Don't know, unless, the cat was exhibiting behaviour similar to that of a human who does cocaine. Big guess how it got it. Either A.the owner, or B. a friend of the owner who thought it was hilarious to get the cat high, just like if some buddy got your dog drunk.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone knows how a drug came to be in the cat.  Some human gave it to the poor animal.  People are really stupid sometimes.  I've heard of people drugging dogs, so a cat is believable.