Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Survey: Gen Z and Millennials believe we have gone too far in promoting woman's rights.

spartan max2

New research conducted by Ipsos UK and the Global Institute for Women’s Leadership at King’s College London found that over half of people in younger generations believe the push for equality is now negatively impacting men and that they are being expected to do “too much” to support progress.

According to the results, 52 percent of Gen Z and 53 percent of Millennials agree that “we have gone so far in promoting women’s equality that we are discriminating against men”.

This is compared to 46 percent of Gen X and 40 percent of Baby Boomers.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/10/gen-z-millennials-think-womens-rights-have-gone-too-far/

(Before anyone gets on me for the source. Yes this is a right wing source. I could only find right wing sources reporting on this. Feel free to add other sources)

Always take surveys with a grain of salt.

The survey collated the responses from more than 22,500 people aged 16-74 across 32 countries, including approximately 1000 people from Australia.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Survey: Gen Z and Millennials believe we have gone too far in promoting woman's rights.

Agreed. 

Full on trash mode.

• Thanks 1

Isn't Washington Post a Rupert Murdoch paper?  Is it something tied together to push a Murdoch  view of the world?

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Isn't Washington Post a Rupert Murdoch paper?  Is it something tied together to push a Murdoch  view of the world?

Wrong.  Sorry.  New York Post.

Im noticing a lot of strong reactions to this.

But I don't see it as that crazy. If you're a kid born in 2023 I imagine that your experience is going to be quite different. It's a harder sell that woman are disadvantaged to you when they do better in school and have more college degrees (mostly talking about Western nations of course)

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Im noticing a lot of strong reactions to this.

But I don't see it as that crazy. If you're a kid born in 2023 I imagine that your experience is going to be quite different. It's a harder sell that woman are disadvantaged to you when they do better in school and have more college degrees (mostly talking about Western nations of course)

Yeah, I don't see it as crazy either.  It was a hard push for a couple of generations to get this far, maybe the survey indicates we should keep going but let off the gas a bit in Western democracies.  But in the rest of the world, women have a tough lot. A lot more women live in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and the Arab countries than in the west and they still could not be said to have equality.

After reading the article though, it seemed not to be just reporting, but a piece slanted to suggest things have gone too far.  I am all for catching up with young men.  Kids are our future but we skimp at every turn of their education, providing opportunities, and providing good role models.  

On 3/12/2023 at 6:31 PM, Tatetopa said:

It's a UK survey.

People in Britain are increasingly afraid of promoting women’s rights for fear of reprisals, a major 32-country survey conducted for International Women’s Day has found.

The research, by Ipsos UK and the Global Institute for Women’s Leadership at King’s College London, finds that younger generations in Britain tend to be most fearful, with Gen Z (38%) around twice as likely as Baby Boomers (19%) to feel this way.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/britons-increasingly-scared-to-speak-out-on-womens-rights-data-shows

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1