Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Hunt for SS General Hans Kammler

lauraturner6223

Hi everyone,

SS General Hans Kammler was Hitler's secret weapons chief and number one trouble shooter. He was also a war criminal of the highest order and was wanted to stand trial at Nuremberg. As commander of the V-2 rocket programme and all other secret weapons Kammler was one of the most powerful men in Nazi Germany, occupying a position just outside Hitler's inner cabinet and answerable to Hitler directly. The fact that Kammler vanished without a trace on the last day of World War has lead many many to speculate - often wildly - about his true fate and the extent of the high technology he controlled by war's end. For this reason Kammler's name is most often found in the realm of  'conspiracy' and understandably so as he is a mysterious man with a mysterious ending. As a world war two buff and someone with an interest in secret weapons technology I think I have read every book available on Kammler - not that there are many - a paragraph here and there with an odd snippet of interesting information about him gleaned from the archives to add to his unfinished story. Researchers have in fact noted thirteen variations of Kammler's death - some have him dying by suicide and others claim that he went down in a blaze of glory but oddly each variation of his death has been given as sworn testimony by men who served under him. One thing the stories of his death have in common, however, is that Kammler was in Prague, Czechoslovakia (now modern day Czech Republic) at the end of the war - one of the last bastions of Nazi power in the final days of the war. This brings to me a recent book I've read about Kammler, which might be of interest to others. The Hidden Nazi: The Untold Story of America's deal with the Devil by Dean Reuter, Colm Lowery and Keith Chester tells the true story of the hunt for Hans Kammler.'s by these three modern day researchers. The author's spent a combined 20+ years researching Kammler and have turned up a absolute treasure trove of information on him from archives in Europe and America. During their research the authors also unearthed a file on Kammler - released to them under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act. The documents state - quite definitively - that Kammler was in U.S. custody following his surrender to the U.S. Army in the last days of WW2. Adding to the intrigue is further information they present - again all based on archive documents from the U.S. National Archives - that Kammler was head of a German Atomic bomb project and other advanced weapons systems research - all located in .... Czechoslovakia. There's much more to the book including an account of U.S. lead secret mission into Czechoslovakia after the end of war to recover hidden documents / materials. Its an incredible story and so well told - like a treasure hunt - that follows in the footsteps of the researchers every step of their journey. I'm hoping this book will encourage others to continue the hunt for more information on this subject.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lauraturner6223 said:

Hi everyone,

SS General Hans Kammler was Hitler's secret weapons chief and number one trouble shooter. He was also a war criminal of the highest order and was wanted to stand trial at Nuremberg. As commander of the V-2 rocket programme and all other secret weapons Kammler was one of the most powerful men in Nazi Germany, occupying a position just outside Hitler's inner cabinet and answerable to Hitler directly. The fact that Kammler vanished without a trace on the last day of World War has lead many many to speculate - often wildly - about his true fate and the extent of the high technology he controlled by war's end. For this reason Kammler's name is most often found in the realm of  'conspiracy' and understandably so as he is a mysterious man with a mysterious ending. As a world war two buff and someone with an interest in secret weapons technology I think I have read every book available on Kammler - not that there are many - a paragraph here and there with an odd snippet of interesting information about him gleaned from the archives to add to his unfinished story. Researchers have in fact noted thirteen variations of Kammler's death - some have him dying by suicide and others claim that he went down in a blaze of glory but oddly each variation of his death has been given as sworn testimony by men who served under him. One thing the stories of his death have in common, however, is that Kammler was in Prague, Czechoslovakia (now modern day Czech Republic) at the end of the war - one of the last bastions of Nazi power in the final days of the war. This brings to me a recent book I've read about Kammler, which might be of interest to others. The Hidden Nazi: The Untold Story of America's deal with the Devil by Dean Reuter, Colm Lowery and Keith Chester tells the true story of the hunt for Hans Kammler.'s by these three modern day researchers. The author's spent a combined 20+ years researching Kammler and have turned up a absolute treasure trove of information on him from archives in Europe and America. During their research the authors also unearthed a file on Kammler - released to them under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act. The documents state - quite definitively - that Kammler was in U.S. custody following his surrender to the U.S. Army in the last days of WW2. Adding to the intrigue is further information they present - again all based on archive documents from the U.S. National Archives - that Kammler was head of a German Atomic bomb project and other advanced weapons systems research - all located in .... Czechoslovakia. There's much more to the book including an account of U.S. lead secret mission into Czechoslovakia after the end of war to recover hidden documents / materials. Its an incredible story and so well told - like a treasure hunt - that follows in the footsteps of the researchers every step of their journey. I'm hoping this book will encourage others to continue the hunt for more information on this subject.

I have heard a great deal about SS-Obergruppenführer Hans Kammler from my father, he didn’t know him personally but he worked in the Wunderwaffen program. My, parents were given immigration status to the United States where I was born in 1959. My father worked first at McDonald Aircraft Company and continued to work for McDonald Douglas as a US Government let’s say contractor, he finally retired in the early 1970s. Hans Kammler killed himself in Germany around May 7, 1945, apparently he used Cyanide to commit suicide. After his use of slave labor for the Wunderwaffen projects and the Special Camps that he ordered built to house the work force he would have been hung at Nuremberg anyway so he took the cowards way out and killed himself.

Oh and by the way Welcome to the forum!:tu: