Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Starseeds: why do some people believe that they are aliens ?

UM-Bot

Going by the article there are many who claim to be star seeds- here to help & guide humanity. Where's the help & guidance then?

I haven't seen any examples of this. Have any of you?

They're probably too busy writing best-sellers I guess 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Going by the article there are many who claim to be star seeds- here to help & guide humanity. Where's the help & guidance then?

I haven't seen any examples of this. Have any of you?

They're probably too busy writing best-sellers I guess 

I haven't either, no help, just new age fluffery.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Too many people want to be special, they want attention.   Timothy Leary started this and many women have written books describing why their children are special.  One woman, who was popular in the 80's, wrote a book with a list of children exhibiting signs of being star seeds.  She made the mistake of thinking her list was new, a lot of people I grew up with in the 60's, including me, could claim a lot of stuff on her list.   Then later some woman wrote a book claiming that her children were starseeds because they refused to accept any kind of authority and would not do their homework.    :lol:  Even Neale Donald Walsh got in on the starseed thing.  

We are All starseeds, made of the stuff of stars.  

It was Mary Summer Rain another lying con and plastic shaman who promoted that garbage. 

My mother's falling for that starseed/indigo child crap was why my birth defects weren't detected until a military physical.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, HSlim said:

I ate so many shrooms one time I thought I was an alien, does that count?

yes :D

• Haha 3

Being green aint easy ;)

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

It was Mary Summer Rain another lying con and plastic shaman who promoted that garbage. 

My mother's falling for that starseed/indigo child crap was why my birth defects weren't detected until a military physical.

There was someone before her.  I remember reading something by Mary Summer Rain, she was all the rage too.  There were so many books by women with new age ideas that were completely off the wall.  LIke the pliediann lady, my friends used to eat that stuff up and I usually never got past the 4th chapter before I got rid of the book (if I bought it) or gave it back to whomever I borrowed it from.   The Power of Now was so bad my dog chewed it up, the only book he ever chewed.  :lol:

But Mary Summer Rain was supposed to be more "reputable" because she was native and a naturalist (so it says on her publisher page).

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

There was someone before her.  I remember reading something by Mary Summer Rain, she was all the rage too.  There were so many books by women with new age ideas that were completely off the wall.  LIke the pliediann lady, my friends used to eat that stuff up and I usually never got past the 4th chapter before I got rid of the book (if I bought it) or gave it back to whomever I borrowed it from.   The Power of Now was so bad my dog chewed it up, the only book he ever chewed.  :lol:

But Mary Summer Rain was supposed to be more "reputable" because she was native and a naturalist (so it says on her publisher page).

She was neither. She claimed she was trained by a Algonquian shaman but we keep it strictly in certain families and you have to be born into it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

She was neither. She claimed she was trained by a Algonquian shaman but we keep it strictly in certain families and you have to be born into it. 

That is the way it is for Navajo as well.   

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That is the way it is for Navajo as well.   

I know, some of them worked for me. :tu:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

'Star people' or 'starseeds' believe that they are literal extraterrestrial entities who have come here from another planet.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/364895/starseeds-why-do-some-people-believe-that-they-are-aliens

So, they're Scientologists.

9 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Too many people want to be special, they want attention.   Timothy Leary started this and many women have written books describing why their children are special.  One woman, who was popular in the 80's, wrote a book with a list of children exhibiting signs of being star seeds.  She made the mistake of thinking her list was new, a lot of people I grew up with in the 60's, including me, could claim a lot of stuff on her list.   Then later some woman wrote a book claiming that her children were starseeds because they refused to accept any kind of authority and would not do their homework.    :lol:  Even Neale Donald Walsh got in on the starseed thing.  

We are All starseeds, made of the stuff of stars.  

Yes. It is the same with those annoying Indigo and Crystal Children...again just a bunch of self-entitled, self-absorbed brats coping the usual Holier-than-Thou attitude; thinking that they are SO above everyone else that they shouldn't ever be asked or expected to do what they're told or behave like a member of society and sadly many parents dive WAY too deep into the new age mumbo-jumbo and cater to the kids.

Like I said earlier, they need to be sat down and told who is in charge which, by-the-way, is NOT them then after a good lecture give them a bucket and a rag and have them wipe down the dusty chairs or scrub the basement stairs. I did that alot when I was a kid and I kinda liked it too.

Oh..and before these kids and parents wax on about being made of 'star stuff' they also need to realize that all the trash in the landfill is also made of 'star stuff' so don't get too hoity-toity. ;)

• Like 2

It comes from a distrust of science

It's not just the distrust of science. We're living in the age of distrust. It began in the mid 20th century with the rise of television. For some of us the new ways of conveying information opened the new ways to manipulate people, while others used the same abundance of information to understand they are being manipulated. This created the divide in the society. The old society got broken, and the new one, based on the new forms of trust, is not yet created. Or it is being created right now, to be precise, but we don't know yet which of the new technologies will eventually win the public trust. But it's obvious that those will belong, in whole or in part, to the global society, not to the elites.

11 hours ago, Bendy Demon said:

Yes. It is the same with those annoying Indigo and Crystal Children...again just a bunch of self-entitled, self-absorbed brats coping the usual Holier-than-Thou attitude; thinking that they are SO above everyone else that they shouldn't ever be asked or expected to do what they're told or behave like a member of society and sadly many parents dive WAY too deep into the new age mumbo-jumbo and cater to the kids.

Like I said earlier, they need to be sat down and told who is in charge which, by-the-way, is NOT them then after a good lecture give them a bucket and a rag and have them wipe down the dusty chairs or scrub the basement stairs. I did that alot when I was a kid and I kinda liked it too.

Oh..and before these kids and parents wax on about being made of 'star stuff' they also need to realize that all the trash in the landfill is also made of 'star stuff' so don't get too hoity-toity. ;)

The indigo was a one up manship move to be better than the starseeds, then the crystal children were one upping the indigo.  There isn't anything real to it.  I have never met a child who claims any of that, just mal adjusted young adults (30's) using it to make excuses for their bad behavior or to make excuses about why they are such a bad parent that their children have no rules and run amok.

This is not something new since 1970s, that is just when it became well known. Before that various religions including Pagan/Wiccan had aspects of these beliefs. Maybe not all in the same religion at same time belief wise. But aspects have been scattered throughout many religions that believe in reincarnation. There some small aspects of it in Buddhist beliefs, and a good amount of aspects going all the way back to Druids. 1970s is just when all these various aspects are combined into one very flawed concept. And the idea to combine these individual beliefs/concepts also is reflective in the Aryan alien theory from the 1950s. In fact I would say that the 1950S blonde aliens would be where the kernel of starseeds concept came from.