Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The authorities seized a submarine in the Pacific that had 2 dead bodies and 5,800 pounds of cocaine

Grim Reaper 6

The Colombian Navy seized a submarine on Sunday and found two dead bodies and over 5,800 pounds of cocaine onboard. The Colombian Navy said in a statement on Sunday that a 50-foot-long submarine had been captured off the coast of Colombia, in the South Pacific Ocean. The cocaine bust prevented more than six million doses of the drug from reaching the international market, the Colombian Navy's statement said. The drugs were worth more than $87 million and were intended for distribution in Central America.

Along with the two dead bodies discovered on board, authorities also found two men in "poor health conditions," per the statement. The navy said these two men were likely unwell because they inhaled toxic gas from the submarine's fuel. 

The authorities seized a submarine in the Pacific that had 2 dead bodies and 5,800 pounds of cocaine onboard (msn.com)

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

50 foot seems pretty big. They are getting bold aren't they.

Looks like a semi submersible.

Did you see the link at the bottom of the story? I saw this on telly last week

About half a billion dollars worth of cocaine — enough to service the New Zealand market for 30 years — was found floating in the Pacific Ocean

"We believe there was enough cocaine to service the Australian market for about one year and this would be more than New Zealand would use in 30 years," Andrew Coster, the commissioner of the New Zealand police, said in a media conference on Wednesday, per Australian news outlet Nine News.

Or about fifteen minutes at a party at Nardia Bartell's place....

:lol:

FFS, don't the authorities know they are just driving the price up?  Elsa wants snow!

open-uri20150608-27674-1i27pow_fa818fbc.thumb.webp.71b39ac50a6910b71e07336dbc6dd990.webp

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

FFS, don't the authorities know they are just driving the price up?  Elsa wants snow!

open-uri20150608-27674-1i27pow_fa818fbc.thumb.webp.71b39ac50a6910b71e07336dbc6dd990.webp

Sing it with me! Do you wanna do some blow man?  Come on lets cut some yay....

3 hours ago, Gummug said:

Habla español? :)

Nein, aber sprechen Sie Deutsch? :)

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gummug said:

Habla español? :)

1. 2643 KG of cocain seized, which translates to 6 million doses destined for Central  America

2. inside the submarine there were 2 dead men in bad condition, the operation avoided income of more than 87 million dollars to the narcotics organizations.

You can use google translate to get better translation.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

1. 2643 KG of cocain seized, which translates to 6 million doses destined for Central  America

2. inside the submarine there were 2 dead men in bad condition, the operation avoided income of more than 87 million dollars to the narcotics organizations.

You can use google translate to get better translation.

Thanks. I was a bit curious if you personally know Spanish. I am kind of an amateur linguist is why I ask. Thanks again! Hablo español bastante bien, por lo menos lo creo...

4 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Nein, aber sprechen Sie Deutsch? :)

Ja, ziemlich gut. Ich bin in Bayern zwei und halb Jahren gewesen... :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gummug said:

Thanks. I was a bit curious if you personally know Spanish. I am kind of an amateur linguist is why I ask. Thanks again! Hablo español bastante bien, por lo menos lo creo...

Si, habla espanol, poquito, leyer mas.   I grew up with "spanglish" everywhere and took classes in school but that was a long time ago.  I used to be able to translate the letters the puerto rican guys wrote the women who went to church when I was in basic training.  I wish I had been able to keep some of those letters, they were hilarious.   And then I could write a response.   But that was almost 50 years ago and now I only use a little spanish with my grandson.   I am much less literate in spanish than I was then.   ( so how do you get the tilde over the 'n'?)

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Si, habla espanol, poquito, leyer mas.   I grew up with "spanglish" everywhere and took classes in school but that was a long time ago.  I used to be able to translate the letters the puerto rican guys wrote the women who went to church when I was in basic training.  I wish I had been able to keep some of those letters, they were hilarious.   And then I could write a response.   But that was almost 50 years ago and now I only use a little spanish with my grandson.   I am much less literate in spanish than I was then.   ( so how do you get the tilde over the 'n'?)

I don't know if you are using a computer or smart phone, but on my smart phone, if I push and hold the n "key" it gives me a pop up with choices, and one of them is ñ. Hope this helps! Also thanks for sharing. My brother is married to a Peruvian lady, so he pretty much speaks fluent Spanish. Anyway your story is interesting, muchas gracias!! :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gummug said:

I don't know if you are using a computer or smart phone, but on my smart phone, if I push and hold the n "key" it gives me a pop up with choices, and one of them is ñ. Hope this helps! Also thanks for sharing. My brother is married to a Peruvian lady, so he pretty much speaks fluent Spanish. Anyway your story is interesting, muchas gracias!! :)

Thanks.  I am using a computer.  Probably a menu that gives me that option but I have been too lazy to look for it.   I am too old to post on a forum with a pocket computer (smart phone).    I love my iPhone but it does a lot more than I need and the keypad is too frustrating for my fat fingers, as well as the hilarious changes it makes to what I type.   Very frustrating for me.   :)

• Like 2

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Thanks.  I am using a computer.  Probably a menu that gives me that option but I have been too lazy to look for it.   I am too old to post on a forum with a pocket computer (smart phone).    I love my iPhone but it does a lot more than I need and the keypad is too frustrating for my fat fingers, as well as the hilarious changes it makes to what I type.   Very frustrating for me.   :)

I hear you. One thing nice about my phone is that I can use the voice feature and it will type what I am saying. That is why before I started using this feature, I didn't make very long post. I completely agree trying to use a smartphone keyboard is not a fun thing to do. The computer I had, which was a chromebook, finally went belly up. Actually I think they just stopped supporting it. Anyway, I am currently without a computer but I am planning on getting one before too long. I am sure there is a way to enable a foreign language keyboard on a computer but I'm kind of lazy also to find out. Okay well I think I will let this go for now and you have a wonderful day. Also, if there are any mistakes in this post it's all my phones fault. Lol...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Gummug said:

Ja, ziemlich gut. Ich bin in Bayern zwei und halb Jahren gewesen... :)

Ich bin Deutschamerikaner der ersten Generation, meine Mutter und mein Vater sind aus Flensburg eingewandert und ich wurde 1959 in den Vereinigten Staaten geboren. 

Hab eine tolle Nacht mein Freund

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Ich bin Deutschamerikaner der ersten Generation, meine Mutter und mein Vater sind aus Flensburg eingewandert und ich wurde 1959 in den Vereinigten Staaten geboren. 

Hab eine tolle Nacht mein Freund

Danke, und gleichfalls!!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Gummug said:

I hear you. One thing nice about my phone is that I can use the voice feature and it will type what I am saying. That is why before I started using this feature, I didn't make very long post. I completely agree trying to use a smartphone keyboard is not a fun thing to do.

I do the same thing most of the time, with my computer, my tablet and my phone are all Apple Products, so I use the Siri AI function!!!!!:tu:

The computer I had, which was a chromebook, finally went belly up. Actually I think they just stopped supporting it. Anyway, I am currently without a computer but I am planning on getting one before too long. I am sure there is a way to enable a foreign language keyboard on a computer but I'm kind of lazy also to find out. Okay well I think I will let this go for now and you have a wonderful day. Also, if there are any mistakes in this post it's all my phones fault. Lol...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gummug said:

Danke, und gleichfalls!!

Hier in Südkorea ist es 05:55, es ist tatsächlich Morgen!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I do the same thing most of the time, with my computer, my tablet and my phone are all Apple Products, so I use the Siri AI function!!!!!:tu:

All I have at the moment is a smartphone, but I am thinking of getting a computer. Hey a tablet, that might be a great idea! Thanks! :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Hier in Südkorea ist es 05:55, es ist tatsächlich Morgen!!

Hier ist es 16:58, also sind wir 13 Uhren verweitert? Es ist gut, Deutsch wirderzubenutzen. Ich wollte eigentlich nicht vergessen, was so schwer zu lernen war!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gummug said:

All I have at the moment is a smartphone, but I am thinking of getting a computer. Hey a tablet, that might be a great idea! Thanks! :)

한 국 어 를 합니까?

Edited by Gummug
Correction of silly mistake in Korean...
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Gummug said:

Hier ist es 16:58, also sind wir 13 Uhren verweitert? Es ist gut, Deutsch wirderzubenutzen. Ich wollte eigentlich nicht vergessen, was so schwer zu lernen war!

Meine Mutter hat mir von Geburt an Deutsch beigebracht. Ich lernte Englisch von ihr und auch von Cartoons. Ich spreche, lese und schreibe auch Koreanisch, und ich kann Kurdisch und etwas Arabisch.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Meine Mutter hat mir von Geburt an Deutsch beigebracht. Ich lernte Englisch von ihr und auch von Cartoons. Ich spreche, lese und schreibe auch Koreanisch, und ich kann Kurdisch und etwas Arabisch.

Also sind Sie vielsprächiger, wie ich. Ich weiß nichts von Kurdish, aber Koreanisch und Arabisch sind die beide schwierige Sprachen, meiner Meinung nach. Arabisch ist etwas ähnlich zu Hebräisch, und ich kann etwas Hebräisch....die Biblische und auch moderne Hebräische.:)

• Like 2

Na ja, es wird spät, ich glaube ich werde ein Stück Pizza erwärmen. Höffentlich können wir später reden. Tschüß!

• Like 1

Also sind Sie vielsprächiger, wie ich. Ich weiß nichts von Kurdish, aber Koreanisch und Arabisch sind die beide schwierige Sprachen, meiner Meinung nach. Arabisch ist etwas ähnlich zu Hebräisch, und ich kann etwas Hebräisch....die Biblische und auch moderne Hebräische.:)

My grandson went to a language intensive international school for 2nd to 5th grade.  The classes wer taught in Spanish, and in 4th grade they started learning Arabic.   He loved writing the letters as they are much prettier than the roman letters (or what ever it is we english speakers use).   I don't think he learned very much arabic because 4th grade was during covid lockdown and the teacher was not very good at figuring out the computer tools.  My daughter said the kids were very frustrated with her.   I hope he will continue to be interested in learning more languages.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2