Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Marjorie Taylor Greene says claims that Putin wants to extend invasion further into Europe are ‘lies

Grim Reaper 6

Marjorie Taylor Greene calls concerns that Russian President Vladimir Putin plans to invade more of Europe "lies" as she continues her crusade to cut US spending to assist Ukraine defend itself against Moscow's invasion. The Republican lawmaker recently appeared on far-right cable network Real America's Voice, during which she complained about US spending on Ukraine and claimed Mr Putin had no military ambitions beyond Ukraine.  "The whole point that we're over there in Ukraine is ridiculous," she said. "We are paying for ... a proxy war with Russia, when I've never seen Putin actually show in any detail his plans to invade Europe."

The Republican lawmaker recently appeared on far-right cable network Real America's Voice, during which she complained about US spending on Ukraine and claimed Mr Putin had no military ambitions beyond Ukraine. Ms Greene — who said she wants to introduce legislation to audit spending on the Ukraine war — has been accused of repeating Russian propaganda in the past. She claimed that US politicians use Ukraine to launder money and cover up their "crimes" while crticising defense spending in the country.

Democratic lawmaker Jamie Raskin condemned her comments and called for her to quit parroting Russian propaganda.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/marjorie-taylor-greene-says-claims-that-putin-wants-to-extend-invasion-further-into-europe-are-lies/ar-AA18IPF0?ocid=Peregrine&cvid=088259299eb84cf0a9641cf46e3699aa&ei=30

• Like 2

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

She's not wrong.  :yes:  

20230316_205248.jpg

No she certainly is not right, mentally, Physically, or emotionally she is however a major National security rish waiting to happen.:yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I get rather confused by my friends on the Left.  On the one hand we are told about the massive losses of Russian forces in Ukraine as well as the inevitable victory by Ukrainian forces - up to even ejecting Russian forces from Crimea - and on the other, they say we must fear the Bear running wild in Europe.  I just wish someone would explain those two diametrically opposite outcomes.

The latest rumor I've seen is from Seymore Hersh.  He has a source that says the plan B for NATO/US in Ukraine is the introduction of NATO boots on the ground in Ukraine - probably in some role in the west of the country near the Polish border.  Of course our current admin can jump on the train and tell the idiots at home that "we MUST support NATO".  I seriously doubt that a single pro-Ukraine member here would be concerned about that, let alone willing to stand against it.  

It's surreal, but fascinating to watch it unfold.  Laissez les bons temps rouler! :w00t:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

she is however a major National security rish waiting to happen.:yes:

Just curious... is she currently on the intel committee and sleeping with a CCP agent?  'Cause THAT is a "security risk" that we endured for a few years under the Dems.  Remember flatulent Eric the Swalwell?  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, and-then said:

I get rather confused by my friends on the Left.  On the one hand we are told about the massive losses of Russian forces in Ukraine as well as the inevitable victory by Ukrainian forces - up to even ejecting Russian forces from Crimea - and on the other, they say we must fear the Bear running wild in Europe.  I just wish someone would explain those two diametrically opposite outcomes.

The latest rumor I've seen is from Seymore Hersh.  He has a source that says the plan B for NATO/US in Ukraine is the introduction of NATO boots on the ground in Ukraine - probably in some role in the west of the country near the Polish border.  Of course our current admin can jump on the train and tell the idiots at home that "we MUST support NATO".  I seriously doubt that a single pro-Ukraine member here would be concerned about that, let alone willing to stand against it.  

It's surreal, but fascinating to watch it unfold.  Laissez les bons temps rouler! :w00t:

100,000+:yes:

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, and-then said:

It's very simple AT. If one could reason with a Leftist there wouldn't be any.  Hope that helps. :yes::lol:

• Haha 3

So MTG is calling Putin's propaganda people liars? They are the ones saying they want to invade everyone.  I hate to admit it, but I think she's correct (for the wrong reasons).  A stopped clock is correct twice a day.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, acidhead said:

She's not wrong.  :yes:  

20230316_205248.jpg

Ukraine is in Europe and Russia isn't exactly yielding ground.... Every foot more Russia takes is another foot of Europe.  That by itself makes her statement false.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, and-then said:

Just curious... is she currently on the intel committee and sleeping with a CCP agent?  'Cause THAT is a "security risk" that we endured for a few years under the Dems.  Remember flatulent Eric the Swalwell?  

I never said she was sleeping with anyone, yesterday she did illegally release confidential information both on Twitter and during a Congressional investigation. I remember Eric another dumb ass, and his Chinese girl friend. But, Marjorie Taylor Greene, is nuts and if she is sleeping with anyone it’s QANON

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Well, she is recently divorced....  But she she seems to be into sex gurus and gym managers: GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene 'cheated on husband with men at gym' | Daily Mail Online

But you do have a point.   She is on the Homeland Security Committee and could be sleeping with a CCP agent. 

• Like 2

100,000:yes:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

"We are paying for ... a proxy war with Russia, when I've never seen Putin actually show in any detail his plans to invade Europe."

Like most leaders and military strategist post these on the internet.

• Like 3

I mean… you have the spokesdrone for Vlad saying they’re hankering for genuine Polish sausage, and on the other hand you have the somehow worst publicity version of MTG since they decided to make Ravnica the focus plane rather than Dominaria. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, acidhead said:

It's very simple AT. If one could reason with a Leftist there wouldn't be any.  Hope that helps. :yes::lol:

:yes:100,000+

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

There will always be people who have an admiration for the likes of Putin, Hitler. While not exclusive at all, the US had low life politicians like MTG in the 1930's who openly or behind closed doors favoured Hitler. Members from both parties, not only one.

For those who did not learn from the past, or don't want to just a few words, everytime a person like MTG, Trump...expresses admiration or even defends someone like Putin, Hitler...they are out to destroy everything in their path just to get closer to their idols. Those people have no friends, no family that means something, no honor or loyalty to anyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, and-then said:

Putin's loses in Ukraine and obstacles currently prevents him from invading other nations.

If we were not supplying Ukraine with weapons and Intel than that would not be the case.

What part of that confuses you ?

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, and-then said:

What is it with Americans and their love affair with Putin? Lol. I guess when the American political system can only produce weak and unstable politicians you look towards stronger leaders. And that’s what Putin is. Like him or hate him he’s doing what’s right for his country. I guess Americans want the same for their country. 

The war in Ukraine is in Putin’s favour. Any American boots on the ground will be a repeat of Korea which will end in a defacto cease fire and the consequences are the partition of Ukraine. I do not think America will take this option. 

More realistically they will eventually negotiate 

Biden over played his hand. 

Edited by Unusual Tournament

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Putin's loses in Ukraine and obstacles currently prevents him from invading other nations.

If we were not supplying Ukraine with weapons and Intel than that would not be the case.

It’s not as simple as that. Putin played by the rules and had his guy elected democratically only to be overthrown in a coup. Ukraine is a tug or war between America and Russia. No one will let go and sooner rather than later Ukraine will split. 

but Putin was never going to go any further into NATO Europe. This is a fallacy. But he would have gone into Central Asia.  

Edited by Unusual Tournament

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

The part where everyone doesn't praise putin like he does

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

What is it with Americans and their love affair with Putin?

Very few in this nation actually admire the thug.  The idiots who keep braying about their political opponents (Republicans) loving or supporting him are just droning on, repeating their daily dose of propaganda from whatever swill they consume as "news".  Their version of Russian sympathizers consists of ANYONE who deviates from their stance on Ukraine AT ALL.  It's actually pretty infantile, but that's where we are these days.  I honestly think they'd cheer for NATO/US to send troops into Ukraine.  It's stepped over into the surreal, IMO.  Oh well... Glory to Ukraine, even if it means BURN IT ALL DOWN! :huh:

Edited by and-then
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/17/2023 at 1:12 AM, and-then said:

Don't the words "Intel and Marjorie Taylor Green? seem like an oxymoron?

She just exposed confidential information with the bomb found on the border that turned out to be dirt.

Suppose she takes it in her hand to blurt out stuff she thinks Americans need to know while endangering agents, spies or entire countries operatives around the world.

The old saying "loose lips sink ships" applies to this woman who like Trump has and unbridled tongue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, and-then said:

Very few in this nation actually admire the thug.  The idiots who keep braying about their political opponents (Republicans) loving or supporting him are just droning on, repeating their daily dose of propaganda from whatever swill they consume as "news".  Their version of Russian sympathizers consists of ANYONE who deviates from their stance on Ukraine AT ALL.  It's actually pretty infantile, but that's where we are these days.  I honestly think they'd cheer for NATO/US to send troops into Ukraine.  It's stepped over into the surreal, IMO.  Oh well... Glory to Ukraine, even if it means BURN IT ALL DOWN! :huh:

Not supporting Ukraine does help Putin (and at this point debatebly xi)

That may not be your intent but it is certainly the effect.

Let me ask, if Putin takes Ukraine does that make the world more or less safe in the long run?

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

What is it with Americans and their love affair with Putin? Lol. I guess when the American political system can only produce weak and unstable politicians you look towards stronger leaders. And that’s what Putin is. Like him or hate him he’s doing what’s right for his country. I guess Americans want the same for their country. 

The war in Ukraine is in Putin’s favour. Any American boots on the ground will be a repeat of Korea which will end in a defacto cease fire and the consequences are the partition of Ukraine. I do not think America will take this option. 

More realistically they will eventually negotiate 

Biden over played his hand. 

Man that's not how that works at all lol.

If Russians overwhelmingly felt he is what was right for the nation then they would not need to control the press and posion or imprison political opponents.

The fact Putin need to do these things is telling. 

And as for the US, some in the US do like Putin even if they don't admit it. People who fear that some evil encroaching liberal world is destroying their traditions and religions wants a dictator strong man to preserve their identity. 

Edited by spartan max2