Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden denies $1M in payments to family from Hunter associate, despite bank records: 'Not true'

MGB

President Biden denied that his family received more than $1 million in payments from accounts related to Hunter Biden’s business associate Rob Walker and their Chinese business ventures in 2017, even though financial records indicate otherwise.

On Thursday, GOP lawmakers on the House Oversight Committee revealed that they had obtained bank documents showing that Hunter Biden, the president's brother Jim, and Hallie Biden, the widow of his son Beau, received payments from Hunter's business associate Rob Walker and their joint venture with Chinese energy firm CEFC. A spokesperson for Hunter Biden's legal team confirmed the payments Thursday but emphasized that the recipients' accounts "belonged to Hunter, his uncle and Hallie – nobody else." 

Biden denies $1M in payments to family from Hunter associate, despite bank records: 'Not true' (msn.com)

• Haha 4

That's a problem with lying. Once you start repeating a lie over and over, you either have to own up to it, which could be politically hurtful, or keep up the lie, regardless of any evidence. This is a trap Trump has fallen into many many times. Now looks like Biden, trying to protect his scumbag son, is doing the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice... so America is so screwed today that a sitting POTUS can have criminal associations - through his family - to FOREIGN governments, P R O V E N with bank documentation, and the media essentially ignores it while breathlessly reporting on the coming perp-walk of a former president whose "crime" is engaging in an NDA as a candidate for office.  ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION YET?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

On 3/19/2023 at 4:59 AM, and-then said:

Nice... so America is so screwed today that a sitting POTUS can have criminal associations - through his family - to FOREIGN governments, P R O V E N with bank documentation, and the media essentially ignores it while breathlessly reporting on the coming perp-walk of a former president whose "crime" is engaging in an NDA as a candidate for office.  ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION YET?

Here … let me get this over with:

hurr hurr what like Trump? 
Biden incompetence/incontinence allusion. 
Stormy Daniels reference. 
Hunter’s laptop. 
Jan 6th. 
Thread locked for Moderation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/18/2023 at 1:59 PM, and-then said:

Silly question, but was the payment illegal?  Not seeing the criminal part.  The article says that Joe Biden didn't get any money so why would he even be aware of who got what and how much?

Or are you talking about Trump? Because the article says this happened in 2017 and the president at that time was Trump......

I am seeing an article about a guy who wasn't even president not getting a million dollars in some sort of business deal that isn't illegal.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Here … let me get this over with:

hurr hurr what like Trump? 
Biden incompetence/incontinence allusion. 
Stormy Daniels reference. 
Hunter’s laptop. 
Jan 6th. 
Thread locked for Moderation.

Throw in a transgender tangent and you have it nailed. 

• Haha 1

This thread in a mere 6 posts is just.... What does the chef's kiss emoji mean? | The US Sun

6 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Silly question, but was the payment illegal? 

I don't think it's about if it was illegal. It's about if Joe has been repeating the same lie since the early campaigning in 2020. Or if he's been telling the truth.

There's bits and pieces, here and there, and this is one of them, that seem to point at he is a Liar.

As has been shown over and over, being a liar is grounds for impeachment.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Throw in a transgender tangent and you have it nailed. 

A… trnsgential comment you could say….

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

This thread in a mere 6 posts is just.... What does the chef's kiss emoji mean? | The US Sun

****ing creepy, isn't it?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I don't think it's about if it was illegal. It's about if Joe has been repeating the same lie since the early campaigning in 2020. Or if he's been telling the truth.

There's bits and pieces, here and there, and this is one of them, that seem to point at he is a Liar.

Hunter is the smartest guy he knows. Don't forget that one. :rolleyes:  These people are at least as scummy as the trumps if not more.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I'm fine with impeaching liars.  But will this be a standard that you will adhere to or will you just selectively apply it to people of opposing political beliefs?  

Because if you aren't going to adhere to it, then it's a pointless rule to judge someone by.

• Like 2

As for the standards and precedences, we had a opposition research dossier funded by the Democrats that was automatically deemed worthy of a two year investigation. Compared to a laptop fully of compromising and incriminating evidence that was automatically dismissed as “Russian disinformation”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Biden has a long history of corruption, not all of it financial.

I believe it was in the 80's when he had to withdraw from the presidential race because he was using multiple speeches which were plagiarized from other politicians. It was so well known that Joe Rogan said there were comedy clubs with a "Joe Biden Night", where the comics plagiarized each others acts. 

But somehow this corrupt POS is popular, despite doing everything that they warned Trump would do (Ruin the economy, start WW3, etc) and his KNOWN STATEMENTS ON CAMERA show his conflicts of interest when deciding or implementing foreign policies. His own family members state that they "Wouldnt have the job as a board member if they weren't related (to Joe)", once again, on camera in front of media.

If you still think Biden isn't taking money (probably 10% of all Ukrainian "donations") directly into his own bank account then you have to question where you are getting your information from and if they have a reason to keep you uninformed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, el midgetron said:

As for the standards and precedences, we had a opposition research dossier funded by the Democrats that was automatically deemed worthy of a two year investigation. Compared to a laptop fully of compromising and incriminating evidence that was automatically dismissed as “Russian disinformation”.

I sometimes wonder if they can even grasp the hypocrisy they engage in so regularly.  Basically, all of their morals come down to - with Trump., the end justifies ANY means necessary.  But never forget that they couldn't be anywhere close to as effective if they didn't have the cover of the Reichsfuhrer of Media.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, el midgetron said:

So should I add you and AndThen to the list of people who say we should impeach liars?  Full disclosure- I am also making a list of "People who say they support impeaching liars but up ended up just being liars themselves."  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Knob Oddy said:

Biden has a long history of corruption, not all of it financial.

The very worst part of this sleazy DC toady is that he is OBVIOUSLY corrupt, provably so, and half the country is so dedicated to destroying the "other team" that they willingly accept what is happening in DC.  They seem to think they will somehow escape the collapse of our nation while the rest of us do the suffering.  Absolutely surreal...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

So should I add you and AndThen to the list of people who say we should impeach liars?  Full disclosure- I am also making a list of "People who say they support impeaching liars but up ended up just being liars themselves."  

You can stitch together any strawman you like.  That's how Toadies roll.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Was Clinton not impeached for a lie? Nothing else, but a lie to the American people, openly and knowingly.

If he had said "Yes, i had sexual relations with that women" would he have been impeached? I doubt it

But i would say taking money (from China and Ukraine, which we know with 100% certainty he did) for political influence should make you a traitor in American citizens eyes

1 minute ago, Knob Oddy said:

Was Clinton not impeached for a lie? Nothing else, but a lie to the American people, openly and knowingly.

If he had said "Yes, i had sexual relations with that women" would he have been impeached? I doubt it

But i would say taking money (from China and Ukraine, which we know with 100% certainty he did) for political influence should make you a traitor in American citizens eyes

Yup, quite true.  I am more interested in taking stances of people on this forum's view for the present president and all future presidents.  I'm giving them a chance to demonstrate the consistency of their values and their personal character.

17 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You may add me to the list of people who don’t care about the weird lists of people you keep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Book_(list)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Yup, quite true.  I am more interested in taking stances of people on this forum's view for the present president and all future presidents.  I'm giving them a chance to demonstrate the consistency of their values and their personal character.

I know this is just you waiting for a chance to say "Trump did it" in some sort of straw man.

"Trump said "no one respects women like me", but my fact checkers showed he was lying"

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

I know this is just you waiting for a chance to say "Trump did it" in some sort of straw man.

"Trump said "no one respects women like me", but my fact checkers showed he was lying"

That isn't even needed.  It's common knowledge.

No, I am actually more interested in my fellow posters in this particular thread.

We have a guy who didn't get a million dollars, back when he wasn't president, in a manner which wasn't illegal- yet I am supposed to be offended or outraged?  To the contrary, I am feeling like someone has tried to make an (unsuccessfull) attempt to manipulate me by my emotions.

I asked why the people who pushed this narrative do so and was told it was because he lied.  This still makes me suspicious, so now I am checking to see if the people who are pushing this narrative are being decietful or were just being manipulated themselves.

6 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I'm fine with impeaching liars.  But will this be a standard that you will adhere to or will you just selectively apply it to people of opposing political beliefs?  

Because if you aren't going to adhere to it, then it's a pointless rule to judge someone by.

Myself, I've followed this same standard since "BJ" Clinton. Trump got in trouble mainly for lying, and for supporting idiots that worked for him lying.

I can't control all the hypocrits on both sides of the D-R line that are eager to condemn their opponents, but give a pass to their own guy. But because hypocrits are saying something is not a reason to give free passes.