Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump claims he will be arrested Tuesday, calls for protests 3h ago

Grim Reaper 6

Former President Donald Trump claimed in a post on his social media platform that he will be arrested on Tuesday related to the Manhattan district attorney's investigation into hush money payments made to adult film star Stormy Daniels ahead of the 2016 presidential election.

As part of the post, Trump also called on his supporters to protest.

A Trump spokesperson said there is no notification the DA "has decided to take his Witch-Hunt to the next level. President Trump is rightfully highlighting his innocence and the weaponization of our injustice system. He will be in Texas next weekend for a giant rally."

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., criticized the probe as politically motivated and said he's directing relevant congressional committees to investigate whether New York prosecutors have federal funds. "Here we go again -- an outrageous abuse of power by a radical DA who lets violent criminals walk as he pursues political vengeance against President Trump," McCarthy tweeted Saturday. "I'm directing relevant committees to immediately investigate if federal funds are being used to subvert our democracy by interfering in elections with politically motivated prosecutions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-claims-he-will-be-arrested-tuesday-calls-for-protests/ar-AA18Na9L?cvid=85a77fbbe8de4fa4a8870de7cd842b8e&ei=17

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grim Reaper 6

• Saru

• Inn Spectre

• Occult1

Popular Days

I know real facts about this case and I'm not keeping quiet any long... Oh wait, someone's just handed me a fat brown envelope - I don't know anything.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

There is already a thread on this.

Trump’s arrest call to arms was bad. Kevin McCarthy just made it much worse.

peaker of the House Kevin McCarthy is well aware how much he owes his current position to former President Donald Trump. “I do want to especially thank President Trump,” McCarthy told reporters in January, after finally gaining enough votes to win the speaker’s gavel. “I don’t think anyone should doubt his influence. He was with me from the beginning.”

That indebtedness — or at least perceived indebtedness — helps explain McCarthy’s cowardly response on Saturday to the looming threat of indictment that Trump faces in New York City. A few hours after Trump claimed he would be arrestedon Tuesday, McCarthy called Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s investigation into Trump’s alleged hush money payments to Stormy Daniels “an outrageous abuse of power by a radical DA who lets violent criminals walk as he pursues political vengeance against President Trump.

McCarthy's wading into an ongoing criminal investigation is bad enough. But the California Republican added a bit of extra spice to try to keep up the façade that he’s just doing his job as speaker. “I’m directing relevant committees to immediately investigate if federal funds are being used to subvert our democracy by interfering in elections with politically motivated prosecutions,” McCarthy wrote. Arguably not his best work as far as fig leaves go.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-s-arrest-call-to-arms-was-bad-kevin-mccarthy-just-made-it-much-worse/ar-AA18NsRA?ocid=Peregrine&cvid=28902bae5613481292e6138ee9f624e9&ei=23

• The topic was locked