Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pence on Trump calls for protests against indictment: ‘Violence will not be tolerated’

Grim Reaper 6

Former Vice President Mike Pence said on Saturday that he considers the Manhattan district attorney’s potential indictment of former President Trump to be “deeply troubling” but emphasized that “violence will not be tolerated” as the former president calls for protests. “Here we go again — an outrageous abuse of power by a radical DA who lets violent criminals walk as he pursues political vengeance against President Trump,” Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) tweeted on Saturday.

“We respect the right of Americans to let their voice be heard and to express the frustration over what appears to be a politically motivated prosecution of the former president,” he said. “But we want to send a very clear message that violence will not be tolerated and anyone that would engage in violence would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

Pence on Trump calls for protests against indictment: ‘Violence will not be tolerated’ (msn.com)

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Care to link us to where Trump ASKED anyone to become violent?  Pence is just trying to have it both ways.  He ALSO called this situation a political prosecution.  I guess your media sources don't mention that reality, right?  All I can say about him being perp-walked is PLEASE, PLEASE DO IT :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, and-then said:

All I can say about him being perp-walked is PLEASE, PLEASE DO IT

Hopefully, it will be handled better.  Even a life-long criminal has a right to an orderly indictment and a fair trial. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Hopefully, it will be handled better.  Even a life-long criminal has a right to an orderly indictment and a fair trial. 

I certainly agree, hopefully the RightWing members of his based wiii  behave:devil:

3 hours ago, and-then said:

Care to link us to where Trump ASKED anyone to become violent?  Pence is just trying to have it both ways.  He ALSO called this situation a political prosecution.  I guess your media sources don't mention that reality, right?  All I can say about him being perp-walked is PLEASE, PLEASE DO IT :w00t:

On January 6th Trump told his supporters: Because you'll never take back our country with weakness"

And we saw the violence that incurred that day.

Now he is saying the same thing: “protest, take our nation back.”  And only the willfully blind will not see where he is heading with these words.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I certainly agree, hopefully the RightWing members of his based wiii  behave:devil:

I have been looking at the Republicans responses.  Its all about threats.  We are supposed to be a democracy and subject to the rule of law.   We are not supposed to alter our laws for fear of political parties, mobs or cartels. Imagine what it would be like if we never prosecuted mobsters or drug cartel bosses because their gang threatened violence.  We are going to have to be braver than that to survive.

• Like 2

no matter if Trump called for violence or not if occurs he wiil be blamed for it.

Oh, I fully understand how these thugs will react.  After the FBI went full SCHUTZSTAFFEL for J6, only an idiot would imagine they wouldn't love to do it again.  Nah, I hope the Left goes for it and we get really good high res video.  The Trump haters will be orgasmic - for awhile - then the same video will begin in campaign ad form ;)   Before it's over, the same ones who are so happy right now will be SICK TO DEATH of seeing that perp walk.  Oh yeah...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

We are going to have to be braver than that to survive.

"Braver than that to survive"?!?!? 

Holly molly! What's happening?!?!

That's an incitement to violence!!! Arrest that man!!!! :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hopefully your dream of peaceful demonstrations will come true.

I'm calling you out on this one.  Link to MY WORDS and show where I said I hoped for or expected demonstrations of ANY kind.  I was merely pointing out that you guys are trying to sell a story that doesn't exist.  You are making a kind of "leap of logic" that is little more than your INTERPRETATION of his MEANING.  Doing that, even just here at UM and using it to trash a member is one thing.  Doing it to justify taking a person's liberty from them is a totally different issue, altogether.  

My "dream" is that the corrupt DA/AG in NY will go all the way and stage a video for the Leftist media to show a former US president and leading Republican candidate for that office in 2024, being booked and then walked to a cell, IN HANDCUFFS.  That will set in motion a tidal wave of support, and not just from those who voted for him in 2020.  It will expand his base and he'll set new records in campaign donations.  

Hell... even Leftist flagship media like NYT is questioning the use of this gambit just to harm Trump's image.  

11 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I have been looking at the Republicans responses.  Its all about threats.  We are supposed to be a democracy and subject to the rule of law.

Ye it is all about VEILED treats of violence, and they conveniently disregard the rule of law, and they justufy it by blaming the democratic party.

We are not supposed to alter our laws for fear of political parties, mobs or cartels. Imagine what it would be like if we never prosecuted mobsters or drug cartel bosses because their gang threatened violence.  We are going to have to be braver than that to survive.

Yes, I certainly agree that many involved in security and law enforcement turn a blind eye too it until it's too late. Our Government knew that January 6, was going to be a very violent day weeks in advance and yet nothing was doner to prevent it from occurring. Mark, my words its going to happen again if Trump is arrested, and they will justify it by saying the charges are fake the media is reporting fake news in addition to saying trump was not able to get fair trial which is all BS!!:yes:

Honestly Tate6, do you see it ending any other way?

18 minutes ago, and-then said:

I'm calling you out on this one.  Link to MY WORDS and show where I said I hoped for or expected demonstrations of ANY kind.  I was merely pointing out that you guys are trying to sell a story that doesn't exist.  You are making a kind of "leap of logic" that is little more than your INTERPRETATION of his MEANING.  Doing that, even just here at UM and using it to trash a member is one thing.  Doing it to justify taking a person's liberty from them is a totally different issue, altogether.  

My "dream" is that the corrupt DA/AG in NY will go all the way and stage a video for the Leftist media to show a former US president and leading Republican candidate for that office in 2024, being booked and then walked to a cell, IN HANDCUFFS.  That will set in motion a tidal wave of support, and not just from those who voted for him in 2020.  It will expand his base and he'll set new records in campaign donations.  

Hell... even Leftist flagship media like NYT is questioning the use of this gambit just to harm Trump's image.  

In this thread you made your feelings very very clear, in fact you left doubt that peaceful demonstrations were totally expectable so what are talking about?:unsure:

My comments were not negative in nature they only referred to what you previously said!!!:unsure:

Are you denying it?

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Oh Trump deserves to pay the piper but it’s very strange that this all gets play during Hunter’s computer saga - just sayin 

34 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Zero “cops” were beat to death in your worse-than-9/11 fantasy. 

A second Civil War could be won on misgendering alone. The tactical use of pronouns has the potential to reduce the anti-Trump partisans to privileged piles of sobbing children, 

It's easy to make comments that fit your narrative whether they are accurately depicted or not. Please go tell your story to The Tucked Man, Tucker will agree with you to your face and then tell everyone your crazy behind your back when you walk away, that's what Extreme Rightwinged Game Show Hosts do. :D

Yes, there was a police officer who was beaten, and the beating caused a heart attack and he died so again your wrong!!:yes:

8 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

My comments were not negative in nature they only referred to what you previously said!!!

I said NOTHING about protests at all, with respect to this thread.  The thread on civil disobedience is immaterial to this situation.  I'll try to be more clear.  There seems to be an assumption that Trump is calling for violent protests and the only way anyone can come to that conclusion based on his actual statements is to assume that you know what he "meant", rather better than he did, himself.  As for the Civil disobedience thread, I'd imagine anyone who understands that terminology should also know that it is by its own nature, nonviolent.  

Pence is calling this statement by Trump as a call to some kind of violent protest even while he also ADMITS that this DA is pushing a political prosecution.  

5 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yes, there was a police officer who was beaten, and the beating caused a heart attack and he died

Can you please remind us, what this cop's name was?  There was no death of a cop that day.  Sicknick was alive and kickin' until the next day and the coroner made it crystal clear upon autopsy that his death was natural and not brought on by any trauma or exposure to chemicals.  There were 2-3 other capitol police who died later - from SUICIDE.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, and-then said:

Oh, I fully understand how these thugs will react.  After the FBI went full SCHUTZSTAFFEL for J6, only an idiot would imagine they wouldn't love to do it again.

Your comments are very ridiculous and way over the top. But, if the FBI does that they learned that technique from the Extreme Rightwinged Conservative members of the Republican Party. While, these individuals are a minority their actions contaminate the entire because they are the squeaky wheel that gets all the attention!!!!!

41 minutes ago, and-then said:

Nah, I hope the Left goes for it and we get really good high res video.  The Trump haters will be orgasmic - for awhile - then the same video will begin in campaign ad form ;)   Before it's over, the same ones who are so happy right now will be SICK TO DEATH of seeing that perp walk.  Oh yeah...

I want Trump to go to jail, I want to see him convicted that's all. Because, if he is convicted, he will melt down and cross a line he can never recross. But, he can always go live in Russia, in fact I am certain he would be wright at home there with Vladimir!!!!!:devil:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pence should have grown a pair when Trump put his life in danger. It’s a little late to be looking for payback 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Oh Trump deserves to pay the piper but it’s very strange that this all gets play during Hunter’s computer saga - just sayin 

This is the same crime that Cohen went to jail for before Hunter was a thing.  It would be nice to get Hunter settled too.  That rests in the hands of the House and they have complete control.  The time line is theirs.

I could say this is a only political ploy by corrupt congressmen to damage the president before 2024.  Oddly parallel that.

But I would like to settle the  threat to national security if there is one, so I'd like to see Hunter processed and done.  Lets do it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, and-then said:

I said NOTHING about protests at all, with respect to this thread.  The thread on civil disobedience is immaterial to this situation.

The other thread shows you mind set and conviction. Thats why you started it, and i never said there was anything wrong with peaceful demonstrations, but the problem with them is the fact that they stay peaceful. 

I'll try to be more clear.  There seems to be an assumption that Trump is calling for violent protests and the only way anyone can come to that conclusion based on his actual statements is to assume that you know what he "meant", rather better than he did, himself.  As for the Civil disobedience thread, I'd imagine anyone who understands that terminology should also know that it is by its own nature, nonviolent.

With Trump, non-violent can change very easily based upon the overtures he makes to the crowd. I don't trust him as far as I throw him, he is one the most disingenuous individuals I have ever speak, he will lye, cheat, and break any law to get what he wants, he just that dishonest!:yes:

When I made the following comment, I was not being disrespectful to you "hopefully your dream of peaceful demonstrations will come true" I meant word for word exactly what it says and I am the comment because of the previous thread started, my comments were not intended to be negative, but the other thread clearly show your thought on the subject!

Pence is calling this statement by Trump as a call to some kind of violent protest even while he also ADMITS that this DA is pushing a political prosecution.  

Pence has every reason to speak badly about Trump after January 6th, I mean by Trumps inaction alone he put the VPs family at risk. If Trump, had gotten off his ass January 6th instead of watching the televison I think the entire event could have been stop, but for whatever, reason he just let everything go!

Y'all let me know when Trump calls to burn everything down like Democrats did with BLM and Antifa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, and-then said:

Can you please remind us, what this cop's name was?  There was no death of a cop that day.  Sicknick was alive and kickin' until the next day and the coroner made it crystal clear upon autopsy that his death was natural and not brought on by any trauma or exposure to chemicals.  There were 2-3 other capitol police who died later - from SUICIDE.  

Sicknick, died from injuries sustained at the Insurrection. Apparetly he was struck in the head by a fire extinguisher which resulted in a stroke and a heart attack!!!

Throughout the melee, police officers were injured, mocked, ridiculed and threatened. One Capitol Police officer, Brian Sicknick, died Thursday night from injuries suffered during the riot. The melee was instigated by a mob of supporters of President Donald Trump who have professed their love of law enforcement and derided the mass police reform protests that shook the nation last year following the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

Deadly siege focuses attention on Capitol Police | AP News

9 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

This is the same crime that Cohen went to jail for before Hunter was a thing.  It would be nice to get Hunter settled too.  That rests in the hands of the House and they have complete control.  The time line is theirs.

I could say this is a only political ploy by corrupt congressmen to damage the president before 2024.  Oddly parallel that.

But I would like to settle the  threat to national security if there is one, so I'd like to see Hunter processed and done.  Lets do it.

There is as much to settle here as there is with the Pence and Stormy Daniels case. It’s all an abuse of political power to take pressure off their respective interests. Biden for his son, Pence for his political aspirations and the republicans for Trump. It’s all measured and a storm (pun intended) in a tea cup. 

From an Australian’s point of view, American politics is real dirty and personal. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Pence should have grown a pair when Trump put his life in danger. It’s a little late to be looking for payback 

Its politics, it's never too late if anything it's too soon!

JIMHO

1 hour ago, Unusual Tournament said:

There is as much to settle here as there is with the Pence and Stormy Daniels case. It’s all an abuse of political power to take pressure off their respective interests. Biden for his son, Pence for his political aspirations and the republicans for Trump. It’s all measured and a storm (pun intended) in a tea cup. 

From an Australian’s point of view, American politics is real dirty and personal. 

I agree in part.  It is an inclination that some follow. But all of these guys are humans who allegedly committed crimes as humans.  If the crime is significant, because we don't want the entire government behaving that way, then we prosecute.  So at some point blind justice has to also take a hand with politics. 

Its hard to think of any good thing that could come of allowing a politician to do anything he pleases and be free of prosecution.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I have been looking at the Republicans responses.  Its all about threats.  We are supposed to be a democracy and subject to the rule of law.   We are not supposed to alter our laws for fear of political parties, mobs or cartels. Imagine what it would be like if we never prosecuted mobsters or drug cartel bosses because their gang threatened violence.  We are going to have to be braver than that to survive.

Just look at the Trump organization being found of 17 felonies and were not allowed to testify against a man named Trump. (That is a different case) Trump called it a witch hunt, and it turned out to be actual crimes, and not a witch hunt.

But no Trump supporter cares. Even if he is found guilty in GA, no Trump supporter will care. Even If he is found guilty in Manhattan, no Trump supporter will care. There seems to just be letting the man run lawlessly and held unaccountable. 

And the thing is if Biden is guilty of the alleged things they say, he needs to be held accountable too. This Isn't TDS or Trump hate, just accountability for all.

Edited by MGB
  • Thanks 2