Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

28 girls hospitalized with anxiety after allegedly playing with a Ouija board

UM-Bot

You need to watch this informative youtube doco on the subject.

• Haha 3

Hmmm, so both incidents have happened in Colombia. That can hardly be a coincidence.

Edited by fred_mc

Spiritually smart people tell amateurs to never use a Ouija Board. I do suspect something more than psychological may be negatively affecting these girls.

• Like 1

Hmm... I wonder why we don't really see these type of incidents in more civilised, less superstitious countries? This is nothing more than a case of mass hysteria brought on by primitive superstition, it's absolutely nothing to do with a stupid wooden board (although there could be other natural explanations, such as food poisoning, etc.).

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Spiritually smart people tell amateurs to never use a Ouija Board. I do suspect something more than psychological may be negatively affecting these girls.

Do they also tell them to never play Monopoly? Because both games are manufactured by the same company, you know.

33 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Do they also tell them to never play Monopoly? Because both games are manufactured by the same company, you know.

It's not the board but the opening of the mind to communication with unknown spirits that is dangerous. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

Monopoly is way more dangerous, i bet more than a few people have been admitted to a&e after a game has got out of control.:yes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It's not the board but the opening of the mind to communication with unknown spirits that is dangerous. 

They are both nothing but games, toys. And as seen here, between the two, Monopoly is the far more "evil" one:

5 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

Monopoly is way more dangerous, i bet more than a few people have been admitted to a&e after a game has got out of control.:yes:

1 minute ago, Orphalesion said:

They are both nothing but games, toys. And as seen here, between the two, Monopoly is the far more "evil" one:

That might be true if you don't believe in spirits.

19 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

That might be true if you don't believe in spirits.

Or if you just don't believe that you can talk to them through a children's toy.

5 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Or if you just don't believe that you can talk to them through a children's toy.

It's not the toy that's important, but the group intention to invite unknown spirits. The game is just ordinary cardboard and plastic as we all know.

• Like 2

The south American countries are both religious and superstitious. This type of upbringing would ramp up the fear levels. All it takes is a book falling over or a light bulb blowing and that situation is defcon 1 instantly.

13 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

Used as a way to communicate with the 'other side', the infamous board seemingly had an adverse effect on the students.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/365139/28-girls-hospitalized-with-anxiety-after-allegedly-playing-with-a-ouija-board

The prankster in the bunch who have moved the table and other stuff are probably dying from laughter.

• Like 1

Funny how these incidents are mainly experienced by school girls. Guys would run for it if things went pear shaped. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Spiritually smart people tell amateurs to never use a Ouija Board. 

I think you are discriminating against spiritually smart people who follow the trickster archetype.

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

I think you are discriminating against spiritually smart people who follow the trickster archetype.

I feel the prevalence of the 'trickster archetype' is exaggerated.

On 3/19/2023 at 7:27 PM, papageorge1 said:

It's not the toy that's important, but the group intention to invite unknown spirits. The game is just ordinary cardboard and plastic as we all know.

I doubt many of them took it seriously. I'm more concerned about the part where it says 3 to 4 students faint every day. I believe the school and parents should investigate what is going on and what is causing the fainting.

39 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

I doubt many of them took it seriously. I'm more concerned about the part where it says 3 to 4 students faint every day. I believe the school and parents should investigate what is going on and what is causing the fainting.

Probably Fentanyl

On 3/19/2023 at 8:07 AM, Orphalesion said:

Wasn't the first incident caused by food poisoning from expired cafeteria food or something?

You may be thinking of the girls in Iran, no? 

On 3/19/2023 at 10:34 PM, Hankenhunter said:

Funny how these incidents are mainly experienced by school girls. Guys would run for it if things went pear shaped. 

Yes, and these mass hysteria incidents are more numerous than what is cited, but you are correct, they are all adolescent females. 

21 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I feel the prevalence of the 'trickster archetype' is exaggerated.

Trolling someone can be a marvelous form of education george.  It teaches them by way of a joke, which is an excellent method, plus it trains them to be less gullible and to think more for themselves that simply expecting an educator to spoon feed them.  While I would never stoop to this in my role as a former formal educator, among friends a thoughtful prank can be very efficacious 

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

Trolling someone can be a marvelous form of education george.  It teaches them by way of a joke, which is an excellent method, plus it trains them to be less gullible and to think more for themselves that simply expecting an educator to spoon feed them.  While I would never stoop to this in my role as a former formal educator, among friends a thoughtful prank can be very efficacious 

That might be true, but I think it's pretty rare in submissions on this forum. I don't think anyone was intentionally trolling these 28 girls to teach them a lesson. Nor in the overwhelming majority of Ouija Board negative events stories,

Edited by papageorge1

I went to a couple of ghost hunts a few years ago, where they used a Ouija board. One of the places was a museum, where coincidentally one of my work colleagues used to work and said the place had no history of hauntings. One of the guys that was taking the group got the Ouija board out and attempted to make contact with some spirits and you could see he was clearly pushing the planchette (it was subtle, but obvious). About 4 of us had our fingers on the planchette and, seeing what he was doing, I pushed ever so gently in the opposite direction, so that it stopped moving. The look he gave was priceless. It just goes to show that there are plenty of charlatans about who would have you believe that these boards actually work.

Edited by Jaded1