Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Brief History of Time is ‘wrong’, Stephen Hawking told collaborator

Still Waters

In 2002 Thomas Hertog received an email summoning him to the office of his mentor Stephen Hawking. The young researcher rushed to Hawking’s room at Cambridge. “His eyes were radiant with excitement,” Hertog recalls.

Typing on the computer-controlled voice system that allowed the cosmologist to communicate, Hawking announced: “I have changed my mind. My book, A Brief History of Time, is written from the wrong perspective.”

Thus one of the biggest-selling scientific books in publishing history, with worldwide sales credited at more than 10m, was consigned to the waste bin by its own author. Hawking and Hertog then began working on a new way to encapsulate their latest thinking about the universe.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2023/mar/19/stephen-hawking-told-me-ive-changed-my-mind-my-book-is-wrong

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ell said:

I never read it. I already knew it was wrong. There never was a Big Bang.

You also didn't read the article.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abramelin said:

You also didn't read the article.

That is correct. It is behind a cookie wall. I glanced at it just now. The new book might be of interest.

• 2 months later...

Looking in from the outside do you still see a Big Bang?

A Big Bang is not necessarily needed to have motion. The laws of physics can still apply but you have been blinded by The Big Bang.

All this kinda thing just bores the crap out of me!!

No one can know (or even be close to knowing) what the fek existence is REALLY all about!