Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are these the worlds best EVP's ever ?

Faeden

I found a site with full length recordings of the voices

http://www.xs4all.nl/~wichm/ohlson.html

go there and navigate around.The more i listen the more interested i get.I think this guy well may well be the genuine article.On leslieflint.com it mentions some of the scientists who tested him.I also saw mention of how the voices are made....it is basically drawing on the energy of the medium or forming an artificial voicebox from his ectoplasm.....fair enough i say....what do i know.

I just think that the quality of substance of the tapes is excellent and take it from me....if you go on the good evp sites aaevp.com or worlditc.the descriptions of the afterlife are amazingly similar....and they came much much later.At the moment i am listening to the full length (39 min) tape of John Brown (queen vics scottish gamekeeper) it great....and if it's all fake ,well he deserves a medal for doing it so convincingly

I reccommend readin the account...."mr biggs passes over"...excellent...i'd like to go like that !

Edited by Bogeyman

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bogeyman

• Faeden

• Fable

• justin

A spirit explains how the voices are made

"

Your world to me seems - well, it is as if there's a dark, dreary foggy atmosphere. Of course the thought forces emanating from your world en masse are so terrible. There's all this upset, hatred, bitterness and malice. I wouldn't want to come back to it.

This is a transmission of my thought via this artificial vocal voice box, call it what you will, which transmits it into sound. It is artificially created because after all we can speak over here - we can communicate if we wish by the vocal effort - we learn very quickly that the best form of communication is a mental process.

This is a world of mental reality, which by the very power that generates it, creates, what you might call, a physical condition or picturisation of things. The more one sort of develops mentally and spiritually here, the more conscious and aware you become of other places, vistas and people. It's just a matter of tapping the source and becoming, as it were, tuned into it.

B.G.: Mr. Ohlson, how do you spend your time now?"

Thanks Bogeyman for all your links and posts I enjoyed them. I love reading and hearing things where spirits are supposedly talking about the realities of there world, as its what I strongly believe about the nature of the after life. Real or not I love reading them.

Hi cptblackbeard

"A medium still riding high in England is Leslie Flint, famed as an exponent of direct voice. William Rauscher and Allen Spraggett, who attended a sitting Flint held in 1970 in New York, told me that it was the most abysmal flop of any seance they had endured. All the spirit voices sounded exactly like the medium and displayed an incredible ignorance of nearly everything pertaining to the sitters. The "mediumship" was second-rate ventriloquism."

This is a perfect example of how some sceptics will use there own hatred to try and demonize people like Flint with weak claims and petty insults, the fact is until flint can be proved a fraud, then he has the upper hand. Ventriloquism was actually ruled out as he was made both to fill his mouth with red dyed water and microphones where put on his throat to test to see if he was talking from his throat, it wasn’t hard to prove he wasn’t talking from his throat. Even if he was talking by the way of ventriloquism, then the conversations would have never been as clear as you hear them.

I have the names of some of the scientists in the book I am reading, I will post them at a later date, but theirs load of them over all, because it became the obsession of many scientists to prove Flint a fraud, because he was making a mockery of many scientists that believed that they could prove him a fake that had tried before, so many even made it there life’s work to prove how Flint did it, but every one of them failed thumbsup.gif and to this day the dislike for Flint and others like him is huge in the scientific community.

all the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

By navigating through those sites i ended up on Gordon Smiths site

www.thepsychicbarber.co.uk

(spelling may be wrong)

Anyways i'm not big into mediums ,i believe the waters have been so muddied by the likes of Acorah and Van Praag...that it's really hard to see the woods for the trees.....BUT from what i've seen of Smith he is very very good and gives much more than the usual cold reading preverbials.I noted that one of his main reasons for getting into it was after reading about leslie flint

Hi all

Someone asked me what scientists tested him, and what where there names.

I dont know the names of the all the scientists, as there where loads, but here are some that are in my book.

DR Rev. C. Drayton Thomas, and DR Nigel Buckmaster of the Society for Psychical research London

American scientist DR Louis Young

Professor William R Bennett Head of department of Electrical Engineering at Columbia University New York

If you look on the links I added with the original post, you can find the names to some more the scientists that tested him too.

All the best

Faeden

• 4 months later...
sad.gif omg that is so scary! crying.gif Im gonna have nightmares for the rest of my life. The sound of the angels singing was so beutiful, but was horribly spooky at the same time. Sorry I havn't been concerntrating about whats going on, I just listened to that 'angelic singing download' thingy. Maybe it wasn't angels but ghosts (Im just saying that because Im an atheist and I try to disprove anything to do with religion. Although I definetly believe in aliens and I kinda believe in ghosts and other paranormal stuff) because their have been many recordings like that with talking and singing. Thats the spookiest one I have ever listened to. Its the only one I have ever listened to actually. I get scared very easily, wich doesn't really make much sense cause Im so intrested in freaky and scary stuff. unsure.gif

i dont like how he had to perform this in a dark room, that to me says he has somthing to hide.

i also agree with the voices being similar, especially the little boy.

also the voice is so well developed, you can hear mouth noises like whistles and stuff, it sounds as though it was previously recorded somewhere.

i really dont know what to think of this, but if he really was tested over and over by scientists it must have some kind of significance. hmm

I am a little bit skeptical. I ran across the recordings doing an internet search a while back and all of the recordings sounded like they had the same voice.

Well the reason for this could be that to do this ....an ectoplasmic voice box is usually formed (needs darkness).And the energy of the medium (flint) is used so there are bound to be similarities.

It's hard not to be sceptical because these are so perfect.But check out all you can on this guy and look at some of the testing he underwent...he was bound and gagged ,searched,and even had mouthfuls of red dye so that any attempt to open his mouth resulted in a damp shirt.If he was that good as a ventriliquist he could have made a fortune in showbusiness

Hi all

I am very intrigued about a medium who has now passed over called Lesie Flint, he was histories most scientifically tested medium, and not once was he ever exposed as a fraud, although I am sure many in the scientific communities will still think that he is a fraud even though he defied all there scientific scrutiny. Many of these extraordinary mediums that science where baffled by are now ignored, which is easy to do, because when you hear the recordings they sound so silly its easy to dismiss them as a joke,  I dont know what to make of them on whether they are real or not, but they are to remarkable to just ignore in my opinion as there is no rational explanation for them, other than they are the voices of the dead.

user posted image

Leslie Flint was a physical medium that could manifest the voices of spirits in the same seance room as he was in (even in the science lab and all where recorded on tape) scientists did everything possible to try and work out where the voices where coming from, but never did understand how the voices seems to come from no where, the voices seem to come from thin air, from in the middle of the room.

user posted image

They taped his mouth shut, tied his arms and legs to the chair he was sitting on, they put microphones on his voice box to see if he was using ventriloquism, but still not one scientist could prove where the voices where coming from.

many "dead" famous people came through to talk to Flint, and the people in the seance room. Some would claim these recordings are the worlds best EVP recordings ever. They are not just a silent word or two, they are whole conversations.

You can listen to the recordings below, some require windows media player, and some real player, or you can just read some of the conversations below. When listening to them you will laugh, because they sound a little goofy and to clear to be real, but the fact remains that Flint no matter how hard the scientists tried could not be found to be fraudulent, and to this day where the voices came from remains a mystery.

To download these recordings click on the links below or alternatively you can just read some of the conversations below

gandhi

The archbishop of canterbury

Elizabeth fry talks about leaders on the otherside

oscar wilde

oscar wild again

Sir Oliver lodge on the direct voice phonomenon

Chopin still composes

You can find more about these communications HERE

Here is Mahatma Gandhi (an idol of mine) he seems to make more sense than anyone living i have ever heared.

On 21st June 1961 a voice manifested in the seance room of British medium Leslie Flint, claiming to be that of the late Mahatma Gandhi.

Mahatma Gandhi

The voice said:

"Death is something which in your world is taboo! People are afraid to mention the word. They do not like to think about it. They run away from it. It is something they are afraid of because they know deep down in their hearts that it is a reality they must face eventually, and they are afraid of it because they are knowing deep down in themselves they are not fully prepared for it. They know so little about it and they are afraid to find out.

Fear dominates the hearts and minds of man. And we know that, unless something is done about this before it is too late, the disastrous consequences are so tremendous that one hardly dares to think about it.

Today your world stands on the bridge as it were of destruction. Anytime that bridge, which is in itself so unreliable that it is doubtful if it will sustain the weight that is placed upon it, because man himself, unconsciously, and in some ways consciously, has brought into being such a condition of confusion, such a condition of hatred and intolerance.

We on this side for a long time have striven to build between our world and yours a bridge whereby man could climb to heights and find that peace which your world could not give. We know that it is only in this truth, only in this realisation of communication between the so-called dead and the living, there lies the salvation of your world.

All history repeats itself. History shows that the very foundation of man's happiness is in the knowledge and the realisation of the life that is to come. The Earth life is but the training ground. It is but the school in which man must learn the lesson, which will, in consequence, give him the opportunity to inherit the Kingdom of the living Father.

Why is it that there is so much fear in your world? Because man has not learnt the path.

There is only one real path. It is the path of the spirit, and there are few people who follow that path. There are some who profess it, there are some who endaevour it, but there are few who succeed in it, because they cannot forget themselves.

The first lesson one must learn is to forget oneself, to give out in love all that is possible from within yourself, and it shall be returned to you.

These things that Christ spoke about, and all the great teachers, all the great philosophers down through the ages was that man should forget himself, so that in return he might find himself.

When you lose yourself in a sea of love, then indeed do you find that you lap against the shores. It is as if you cast yourself in the cleansing power of the eternal sea of love. And you do not become drowned, but you become, as it were, lifted up, buoyed up by it, and you are carried by it. And in consequence your work then begins. And many a shore you may be cast upon, and you will enable others to find that which you have found."

Oscar wilde

Oscar Wilde came through in the same facetious and sarcastic manner for which he was known whilst on Earth. At first it was not clear who was talking. When Mrs. Greene asked for his name the voice answered:

"My name got me into a great deal of trouble when I was on your side!"

Mr.Woods (one of flints mediums) then interjected: "When we play these tapes to other people, you see, they ask who it is."

Wilde: "You can tell them it is Colonel Bogey!"

When he revealed his name finally, George Woods asked: "Mr.Wilde can you tell something of your life on the Other Side? What are you doing?

Wilde: "I must admit it's a relief to be asked to discuss one's life over here, in preference to one's life when on Earth, because in any case my life on Earth is pretty well known among the gossip-mongers! If I were to say to you that my life here is not unlike my life on Earth, you'd probably be very horrified! But it happens to be perfectly true, and I've no regrets about it whatsoever..... My reputation does not worry me, but it seems to worry a hell of a lot of people on your side! More money has been made out of my reputation since my death, than ever I was able to make out of my plays, which goes to say that sin is very successful!"

Laughter in the seance room.

Wilde then proposed to drop the flippancy and said: "This I do deliberately because there will always be people who'll say 'How do we know that this was Oscar Wilde?' And so I'm expected to come back very much the same, with the same attitude towards life, and towards people, and to say the same sort of things, that would be expected of me."

Woods: "Have you met Bernard Shaw on that side?"

Wilde: "Oh, I have met Shaw, of course I've met Shaw. What a man! Extraordinary character - brilliant, if rather - well, I'd better not say these things. I'm supposed to be to some extent developed!"

Woods: "You still write plays on that side?"

Wilde: "Oh, one still writes, one still continuous. Our world in some senses, as no doubt you have heard, is very similar to your Earth. We have all manner of scenery which you are accustomed to, even more beautiful. Nature as you know nature exists here, but the worser aspects, or the more irritant aspects of nature are non-existent to us. For instance, we don't have the pests, such as flies, earwigs, and all the irritating things that nature concocts to annoy man. These things seem to have disappeared fortunately.

We seem to have all the beauty and loveliness of nature without the petty irritants. No more swatting flies! Oh, I used to know a woman once, who used to love sitting all the afternoon in a chair with a swatter, and she had a swatting afternoon! I often wonder what she must be doing here without a swatter, without the flies to swat! Oh, a long time ago, things have changed. Id look at London and hardly recognise it. Thank God, I lived before my time!"

More on Oscar wildes communication

Green and woods are the mediums.

Woods: "Your books are very valuable in knowledge."

Greene: "You see, Mr. Wilde you always had very open mind, didn't you?"

Wilde: "My mind was always very wide open and, as you say, above the average. Can you tell me what the average is, and how open a mind should be? I was always ready to receive inspiration. Indeed I might say that my most successful works were due to the fact that I had an open mind and in consequence much that was poured through it of inspiration - er - which was highly successful, and I feel sure that if it were not for the fact that I was high-minded, you wouldn't have had perhaps, some of the successful works that I was able to perform. But of course all this is a matter of dispute among many people. One man's rat poison is another man's meat!"

Betty Greene: Oh no! I think every writer is inspired from somewhere to a certain extent"

Wilde:"Oh, don't take away our own personality, my dear, please! But I'm quite prepared to admit I van inspired. I was always an inspiring figure; in fact, now I've become almost awe-inspiring! Possibly because I'm dead!"

Laughter in the seance room.

Greene: "Mr. Wilde..."

Wilde: "You wish me to drop the flippancy and be serious? To be serious is often to be boring"

Greene: "No, no! That wouldn't be you. Don't drop it"

Wilde: "So many people, when on Earth, were so serious that they couldn't fail to be utterly boring. I refuse to join such a gathering!"

Greene: "No, please don't drop it, because it wouldn't be you if you weren't like that."

Wilde: "This I do deliberately, because there will always be people who'll say: 'How do we know that this was Oscar Wilde?' - And so I am expected to come back very much the same, with the same attitude towards life, and towards people, and to say the same sort of things that would be expected of me. So, for your sake, I do this because I know, poor dears, you're struggling sodesperately hard to convince. And if I can assist you to convince, then it may wipe out some of my blots!

Find out more about Leslie Flint HERE

All the best

Faeden

533035[/snapback]

Wow, Id never heard of this guy.....if he has had that much scientific testing done and he is genuine, he is simply the best I've ever encountered.

Thanks for bringing him to the forum

Cheers

Lia

http//www.hauntedaustralia.com.au

• 2 months later...

I hate to "resurrect" a dead thread, but I find these both amazing but somewhat inplausible. I have been looking for more info on him but I can't seem to find much.

Some things that are "fishy":

Always had to be done in the dark, and the reason for it is somewhat laughable(Ectoplasm hates light and will snap back into the medium, causing pain and/or death?).

I am not sold on the "voice box" thing. For it to reproduce human speech you would need a tongue and lips to form words. In the infrared picture it looks like a glob of tissue hanging off his shoulder.

Voices do sound similar and some of the phrasing is the same.

Also have some questions:

It was obvious in no way was it a ventriloquism act, so was he always tested alone in a closed room with only scientists there or did he need a friend or two to be present?

Was there technology back then for something like a hand held recorder/player?(My history knowledge sucks)

Was the room fully enclosed, perhaps soundproofed?

Did he get to chose the time and place for these sessions or was he ever caught by surprise to do one and be tested? You would be amazed what the shape and wall texture of the room can do with sound. Not to mention how easy it might be for someone to both listen and respond to the room though an air duct, not even having to be close to the actual session.

Were these Q&A sessions with the spirts? From the samples, they look to be lectures(i.e. pre-recorded)

How come no mediums today can use this direct voice technique? Is it because the testing of it would be more rigorous with better equipment?

That's it for now, I'll look to see if I can find more info.

I'll discredit him, what in god's green earth is that? As if someone couldnt help him stages this? Maybe if he had a video camera with him I would believe wow, this is ridiclous.

That or I am insane.

Sounds cool. ;) He's almost as good as an Itako. But Anna Kyoyama 0WN5 'em all.

TeraLink Was Here!

Sounds cool. ;) He's almost as good as an Itako. But Anna Kyoyama 0WN5 'em all.

TeraLink Was Here!

I would like to comment on the words that Spirits need voice boxes to speak.

This is not true, they can speak in words and sentences, and write through automatic writing, and appear anyway they choose to.

When they Walk the Earth it is true that the body has a Voice Box and a body but when that body dies and they leave the Earth Plane they take their brain and its intelligence to the Spirit World, and they can speak and appear in anyway they choose to, and when they speak to those who can hear them they have clearly audible voices, and can sing and dance, and speak as much as they want, but those who hear them have to have the gift of communicating with them, and in my own opinion almost anyone who wants to can learn to communicate with the Spirit World, and see them and hear them.

In my opinion all anyone needs to do to develop this gift, is spend great amounts of time Meditating quietly, and talking to the Spirit World through prayer, and let them know you want to work with them, and it won't be long before you begin to get results.

That is the best way I know to prove the things that Psychics tell us, is to try it ourselves and prove it to ourselves, and pass on the knowledge to others.

When I first began doing this in l985, I knew nothing about these things except for a few books I had read, and before much time had passed, all sorts of Spirit Guides were appearing to me, and giving me all sorts of information.

My feeling is, if I can do it anyone can, and then it will no longer be strange and mysterious at all.

They all sound exactly the same, and I dont think some dead person would ramble on for that long. That's ridiclous, and why did he do all of his experiments in the dark?

Those were the most ridiculous EVP's i have ever heard. It's funny how people think that all they have to do is talk in a high pitch voice and you could pass yourself off as a 5 year old kid! How phoney that was , along with all the other recordings. And does a spirit really care if the lights are turned off or on? Im sure David Blaine could pull off the same trick if given the chance. Was one of his seances ever filmed? But then again, since the spirits only speak in the dark I guess it would have been no good to have filmed. Im not a complete skeptic, I think EVP may be possible, but these recordings sound like a hoax.

My Ruling - FAKE