Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are these the worlds best EVP's ever ?

Faeden

Hi all

I am very intrigued about a medium who has now passed over called Lesie Flint, he was histories most scientifically tested medium, and not once was he ever exposed as a fraud, although I am sure many in the scientific communities will still think that he is a fraud even though he defied all there scientific scrutiny. Many of these extraordinary mediums that science where baffled by are now ignored, which is easy to do, because when you hear the recordings they sound so silly its easy to dismiss them as a joke, I dont know what to make of them on whether they are real or not, but they are to remarkable to just ignore in my opinion as there is no rational explanation for them, other than they are the voices of the dead.

user posted image

Leslie Flint was a physical medium that could manifest the voices of spirits in the same seance room as he was in (even in the science lab and all where recorded on tape) scientists did everything possible to try and work out where the voices where coming from, but never did understand how the voices seems to come from no where, the voices seem to come from thin air, from in the middle of the room.

user posted image

They taped his mouth shut, tied his arms and legs to the chair he was sitting on, they put microphones on his voice box to see if he was using ventriloquism, but still not one scientist could prove where the voices where coming from.

many "dead" famous people came through to talk to Flint, and the people in the seance room. Some would claim these recordings are the worlds best EVP recordings ever. They are not just a silent word or two, they are whole conversations.

You can listen to the recordings below, some require windows media player, and some real player, or you can just read some of the conversations below. When listening to them you will laugh, because they sound a little goofy and to clear to be real, but the fact remains that Flint no matter how hard the scientists tried could not be found to be fraudulent, and to this day where the voices came from remains a mystery.

To download these recordings click on the links below or alternatively you can just read some of the conversations below

gandhi

The archbishop of canterbury

Elizabeth fry talks about leaders on the otherside

oscar wilde

oscar wild again

Sir Oliver lodge on the direct voice phonomenon

Chopin still composes

You can find more about these communications HERE

Here is Mahatma Gandhi (an idol of mine) he seems to make more sense than anyone living i have ever heared.

On 21st June 1961 a voice manifested in the seance room of British medium Leslie Flint, claiming to be that of the late Mahatma Gandhi.

Mahatma Gandhi

The voice said:

"Death is something which in your world is taboo! People are afraid to mention the word. They do not like to think about it. They run away from it. It is something they are afraid of because they know deep down in their hearts that it is a reality they must face eventually, and they are afraid of it because they are knowing deep down in themselves they are not fully prepared for it. They know so little about it and they are afraid to find out.

Fear dominates the hearts and minds of man. And we know that, unless something is done about this before it is too late, the disastrous consequences are so tremendous that one hardly dares to think about it.

Today your world stands on the bridge as it were of destruction. Anytime that bridge, which is in itself so unreliable that it is doubtful if it will sustain the weight that is placed upon it, because man himself, unconsciously, and in some ways consciously, has brought into being such a condition of confusion, such a condition of hatred and intolerance.

We on this side for a long time have striven to build between our world and yours a bridge whereby man could climb to heights and find that peace which your world could not give. We know that it is only in this truth, only in this realisation of communication between the so-called dead and the living, there lies the salvation of your world.

All history repeats itself. History shows that the very foundation of man's happiness is in the knowledge and the realisation of the life that is to come. The Earth life is but the training ground. It is but the school in which man must learn the lesson, which will, in consequence, give him the opportunity to inherit the Kingdom of the living Father.

Why is it that there is so much fear in your world? Because man has not learnt the path.

There is only one real path. It is the path of the spirit, and there are few people who follow that path. There are some who profess it, there are some who endaevour it, but there are few who succeed in it, because they cannot forget themselves.

The first lesson one must learn is to forget oneself, to give out in love all that is possible from within yourself, and it shall be returned to you.

These things that Christ spoke about, and all the great teachers, all the great philosophers down through the ages was that man should forget himself, so that in return he might find himself.

When you lose yourself in a sea of love, then indeed do you find that you lap against the shores. It is as if you cast yourself in the cleansing power of the eternal sea of love. And you do not become drowned, but you become, as it were, lifted up, buoyed up by it, and you are carried by it. And in consequence your work then begins. And many a shore you may be cast upon, and you will enable others to find that which you have found."

Oscar wilde

Oscar Wilde came through in the same facetious and sarcastic manner for which he was known whilst on Earth. At first it was not clear who was talking. When Mrs. Greene asked for his name the voice answered:

"My name got me into a great deal of trouble when I was on your side!"

Mr.Woods (one of flints mediums) then interjected: "When we play these tapes to other people, you see, they ask who it is."

Wilde: "You can tell them it is Colonel Bogey!"

When he revealed his name finally, George Woods asked: "Mr.Wilde can you tell something of your life on the Other Side? What are you doing?

Wilde: "I must admit it's a relief to be asked to discuss one's life over here, in preference to one's life when on Earth, because in any case my life on Earth is pretty well known among the gossip-mongers! If I were to say to you that my life here is not unlike my life on Earth, you'd probably be very horrified! But it happens to be perfectly true, and I've no regrets about it whatsoever..... My reputation does not worry me, but it seems to worry a hell of a lot of people on your side! More money has been made out of my reputation since my death, than ever I was able to make out of my plays, which goes to say that sin is very successful!"

Laughter in the seance room.

Wilde then proposed to drop the flippancy and said: "This I do deliberately because there will always be people who'll say 'How do we know that this was Oscar Wilde?' And so I'm expected to come back very much the same, with the same attitude towards life, and towards people, and to say the same sort of things, that would be expected of me."

Woods: "Have you met Bernard Shaw on that side?"

Wilde: "Oh, I have met Shaw, of course I've met Shaw. What a man! Extraordinary character - brilliant, if rather - well, I'd better not say these things. I'm supposed to be to some extent developed!"

Woods: "You still write plays on that side?"

Wilde: "Oh, one still writes, one still continuous. Our world in some senses, as no doubt you have heard, is very similar to your Earth. We have all manner of scenery which you are accustomed to, even more beautiful. Nature as you know nature exists here, but the worser aspects, or the more irritant aspects of nature are non-existent to us. For instance, we don't have the pests, such as flies, earwigs, and all the irritating things that nature concocts to annoy man. These things seem to have disappeared fortunately.

We seem to have all the beauty and loveliness of nature without the petty irritants. No more swatting flies! Oh, I used to know a woman once, who used to love sitting all the afternoon in a chair with a swatter, and she had a swatting afternoon! I often wonder what she must be doing here without a swatter, without the flies to swat! Oh, a long time ago, things have changed. Id look at London and hardly recognise it. Thank God, I lived before my time!"

More on Oscar wildes communication

Green and woods are the mediums.

Woods: "Your books are very valuable in knowledge."

Greene: "You see, Mr. Wilde you always had very open mind, didn't you?"

Wilde: "My mind was always very wide open and, as you say, above the average. Can you tell me what the average is, and how open a mind should be? I was always ready to receive inspiration. Indeed I might say that my most successful works were due to the fact that I had an open mind and in consequence much that was poured through it of inspiration - er - which was highly successful, and I feel sure that if it were not for the fact that I was high-minded, you wouldn't have had perhaps, some of the successful works that I was able to perform. But of course all this is a matter of dispute among many people. One man's rat poison is another man's meat!"

Betty Greene: Oh no! I think every writer is inspired from somewhere to a certain extent"

Wilde:"Oh, don't take away our own personality, my dear, please! But I'm quite prepared to admit I van inspired. I was always an inspiring figure; in fact, now I've become almost awe-inspiring! Possibly because I'm dead!"

Laughter in the seance room.

Greene: "Mr. Wilde..."

Wilde: "You wish me to drop the flippancy and be serious? To be serious is often to be boring"

Greene: "No, no! That wouldn't be you. Don't drop it"

Wilde: "So many people, when on Earth, were so serious that they couldn't fail to be utterly boring. I refuse to join such a gathering!"

Greene: "No, please don't drop it, because it wouldn't be you if you weren't like that."

Wilde: "This I do deliberately, because there will always be people who'll say: 'How do we know that this was Oscar Wilde?' - And so I am expected to come back very much the same, with the same attitude towards life, and towards people, and to say the same sort of things that would be expected of me. So, for your sake, I do this because I know, poor dears, you're struggling sodesperately hard to convince. And if I can assist you to convince, then it may wipe out some of my blots!

Find out more about Leslie Flint HERE

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bogeyman

• Faeden

• Fable

• justin

Those are remarkable! I'm going to go and see what else I can find out about his medium. Everything is just so concise and audible. Thanks Faeden, I've never heard anything like it before!

Hi Fable

Thanks for the reply. I'm surprised that no one else has replied to this, perhaps some people just cant get there heads around it, I know I cant lol its is very odd to say the least.

Tell me what you find about him online, he was tested allot by the Society for Psychical Research and they also could not find how he did it, some of them in that organisation after a while admitted that they believed that he was able to bring through spirits, and that he could some how materialise a ectoplasmic voice box somewhere else in the room for them to speak through.

All the best

Faeden

Thanks Faeden,

I find this strangely comforting because I always had this innate feeling that death was not to be feared.

Well, I went looking around for a good while the other night and found one thing that really stuck me as being even more amazing. Normally, whenever I start looking for information on someone, almost immediately there is an article or such that pops up disqualifying the person at hand. I have found absolutely nothing to discredit this man. If anything else, there is more out there to prove him.

He wrote a book about his sessions called "Voices in the Dark". I'd love to try to get a copy of it, but I'm not willing to fork out $90 on amazon for one. I know it's old.. but maybe ebay has one floating around. The reviews of the book were also spectacular. Very positive.

Hi yawichild

It is very comforting yes. Even though its hard to believe, to this day he’s never been proven a fraud, but there are many others mediums that also could not be proven fraudulent, but still there is always going to be scientists that are going to try, because it can be very uncomfortable to them, as it contradicts there science books, so they will try and do what ever it takes to try and prove the after life as fake, they can try all they like, they failed even before they started wink2.gif

Hi Fable

whenever I start looking for information on someone, almost immediately there is an article or such that pops up disqualifying the person at hand. I have found absolutely nothing to discredit this man. If anything else, there is more out there to prove him.

There is normally something about these mediums that pops up trying to discredit them, but lets not forget that some "mediums" in the past where not as genuine as they clamed, which give real mediums a bad name, but there are many where science could not prove them to be lying or faking it, but no matter how much evidence some mediums put forward to them nothing is enough, because they are just not willing to believe the after life exists, because its just to much of a uncomfortable possibility to them.

There probably is some form of discrediting articles on him somewhere as Flint defied all of the scientific attempts to catch him doing something fraudulent, so he is going to be a huge target for the narrow-minded scientist, because people like flint irritated the hell out of science, so science will probably try and come up with excuses and opinions on how he did it, but it doesn’t change the fact that Flint did exactly what he promised to the scientists that challenged him to test him on his abilities .

But things have somewhat changed since flint was at his height, many Dr’s are studying the real possibility that the mind can function out side of the human and animal brain. Study into near death experiences is taking of big time in America and the UK, and in some other European countries.

I’m still waiting for someone on this forum to side with the sceptics lol its good to have arguments for both sides.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

Wow, I'm very impressed. But I have some silly questions that need to be explained, for me anyways.

Firstly, does the medium have an inherent talent to manipulate the tone and quality of their voice to mimick the 'personality' of the said spirit? If so, isn't this more of a performance than a genuine seance?

Lastly, if a medium has the ability to channel a spirit so effectively, such as Leslie who literally became Elizabeth Fry, doesn't that challenge the laws of nature somehow... in some way? Surely, a spirit can't change your vocal cords...

I believe in the power of spirits to communicate, but I'm very interested to learn how a spirit can manipulate your body in that fashion.

Hi ChinaLove

Firstly, does the medium have an inherent talent to manipulate the tone and quality of their voice to mimick the 'personality' of the said spirit? If so, isn't this more of a performance than a genuine seance?

No the voices are not coming from the medium him self, they are manifesting them selves in different parts of the room, he was used as a channel for the voices. I dont know much about how physical mediumship works, so I cant say how he does it as I am not a physical medium, but Leslie seemed to be used as an energy source, so that the spirits could perform the communication they where said to be doing. The voice was proved that the voices where not coming from Leslie directly, or through his voice box.

Lastly, if a medium has the ability to channel a spirit so effectively, such as Leslie who literally became Elizabeth Fry, doesn't that challenge the laws of nature somehow... in some way? Surely, a spirit can't change your vocal cords...

Again Lesie was not possessed by the spirit, like some spirits might do to communicate to the living by using the mediums body and voice box, the voices where coming from all different places in the room where no one was standing.

doesn't that challenge the laws of nature somehow... in some way?

Yes it does challenge the laws of nature as science knows it, that is why science has such a problem with this kind of thing.

All the best

Faeden

Pat Chalfant wrote:

It is displays and tests like these that have made believers in Spiritualism out of thousands of people through the years. I, too, experienced a direct voice, or independent voice, seance many years ago that was one of the most convincing experiences of my life. I, too, sat in the pitch-black room and after I listened to others being addressed by spirit people who had come that night to chat with their loved ones, a voice sounded in front of me and to the right side where my husband sat. The voice pretended to be surprised that Jay didn't immediately recognize him, announced himself to have been very important in Jay's life and said he knew how Jay had gotten the initials J.C. when he was born.

Jay spoke with him and hesitantly said that he thought this might be the doctor who had brought Jay into the world. The voice replied that Jay was correct and that because Jay had been the last baby the doctor had delivered, he had hoped Jay's parents would name Jay after him. His name was John Calvin Fulton and he wanted the new baby to be called John Calvin. Jay's parents had been reluctant to give their child this name and hesitated for quite some time. Finally, they had compromised and agreed to have the first initials of their baby's name be J.C.

There was absolutely nobody in this room other than Jay and myself who knew this story. I was astounded. We had come to L.A. from the midwest and although two of these people were acquaintances the rest were complete strangers. I sat there hearing the voices and the quiet swishing sound of the trumpet as it flew around the room touching first one and then another in the utter darkness and I knew that I would never forget the evening that I experienced these things.

Then a voice spoke to me just as convincingly for me as my husband's experience with the doctor had been for him. A voice spoke above my head and slightly to the side of me and the sound of it was so unmistakably my Great Grandmother's that I could hardly believe my ears. She had a voice that was so distinctive that it would have been difficult for anyone who had known her when she was living to imitate her, much less someone who had never known her at all. I was astounded.

And her sense of humor was equally unique. She had been a Scot and rather gifted with second sight herself. From the darkness she said to me, "Is that your husband there beside you?" I answered that it was. She replied rather dourly, "Doesn't look like your husband." This was a reference to the fact that my first husband, whom she had known on earth bore no resemblance to my second husband, Jay. I remember being surprised that she could see him and thought it was both an amusing and educational way of pointing that out. Then she continued to talk of things about the family sprinkling it all with the dry wit that had been characteristic of her.

I imagine that some of you may have had some experience similar to this kind that may have started you on the path to Spiritualism, just as Arthur Findlay's seance with John Sloan proved to his first step in that direction. If you're anything like me, you probably would agree with Arthur Findlay when he says in his book, "In concluding this, I wish to say with all the strength at my command that nothing is lost and life is no exception. Communication between those now living in bodies covered with physical matter, and those who have discarded their physical bodies is not only possible, but takes place under suitable conditions."

And of course, if you know the Spiritualist principles, you will realize by now that I have been speaking about this principle, "We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact scientifically proven through Spiritualism."

------------------------------

And another small note, the only thing that I have come across by others trying to disprove him have been those who claim there was another party involved in helping him. They claim that perhaps someone was in another room and a microphone was in the room with Flint, so that the other party would be the 'voice(s).' But that does not explain the tests that were done within a lab where there were very strict circumstances involved when he went into a session.

Hi Fable

Thanks for that. Its this type of evidence that the die hard sceptics ignore, or will come out will bizarre explanations to how they are doing it, many times even more bizarre than it being the voices of the dead.

All the best

Faeden

FAEDEN

I did a lot of reading up on Leslie Flint a while back....i could find nothing to say that he was a fake.As far as i know there a website dedicated to him....

www.leslieflint.com

He certainly was tested inside out upside down...whatever way you want to look at it.There doesn't seem to be anyone around today that even comes close....why is this i wonder ?

user posted image

Edited by Bogeyman

On the subject of evp

Theres some really good stuff going on here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/grassharp/

at the moment.You will need to register but it only takes a minute and its free.These are ordinary people who are experimenting day in and day out...getting extraordinary results.

I'm proud to say that theres one guy in particular there who was as sceptical as anyone else....i referred him there from a forum to try it himself and now he is getting constant consistent results.When you log in go to the files section......also read the posts and you will see that they are no different to anyone else.

The thing about evp is that there cannot really be any debunking because all you have to do is tell people try it yourself and it nearly always works......Anyway open your mind and check it out.

as much as i wana belive these evps are real i have a hard time doing so i never heard them so clearley befor most i listen to have a electronic sound to them if this makes sence lol makes me wonder some times

as much as i wana belive these evps are real i have a hard time doing so i never heard them so clearley befor  most i listen to have a electronic sound to them if this makes sence lol makes me wonder some times

535249[/snapback]

Blazer

are you talking about the yahoo site or the leslie flint voices ?

If you are talking about the yahoo site all i can tell you is that these guys are not mediums or anything like that it's a forum for ordinary people who have tried evp...got results and get together there to talk about said results.

Fable

Where did you get the Pat Chalfant article ? I'd like to read more on this...thanks

The electronic sound on the newer type evp's comes from computer programs which have been devised especially to help capture evp's....they work but i'm not a fan...they are too open to criticism.IMO a plain old tape recorder is the way to go !

I am a little skeptical over these recordings!

First off, more than half of the recordings sounds as though they are the same person talking.

Why do the ladies mainly all sound the same and same goes for the guys with a few exceptions? I find it hard to believe these voices are just producing outta 'thin air' when they sound so similar to one other.

And also the one recording of the litlle boy who was killed with his mom "bobby tracy", this does not sound like a little boy it sounds like the same women disguissing her voice.

Hi Justin

I find it hard to believe these voices are just producing outta 'thin air'

But that is just it, they where coming from thin air, that is why I find these recordings so amazing, I dont have any answers as to how it works, and nor do the countless amount of scientists that tested him. You would think if scientists from all over the world where testing him, they could spot how someone is faking phantom conversations in sealed rooms, wouldn’t you ?

All the best

Faeden

I just find it very odd that they all sound so similar.

If these voice were coming from thin air I would seem to think they would all sound different. for example the women all sound the same even the 5 year old boy sounds like the same women.

I just have a hard time believeing these recordings were coming from air?

So how excactly did they perform these seances?

I understand they were all in a dark enclosed room but were these voices heard by everyone at the time the seance was going on, or did they have to play back the audio feed from the seance to find out what they got?

Thanks justin

Hi justin

I also find it hard to believe, it is very odd.

were these voices heard by everyone at the time the seance was going on, or did they have to play back the audio feed from the seance to find out what they got?

Yes the voices where heard by everyone, as you hear them on the recordings.

I dont know for sure, but in the scientific tests in the lab, no women where present at all. Leslie was even made to fill his mouth with red dyed water, and also had his mouth taped up, so if he spoke the scientists would see the results of him talking.

All the best

Faeden

I will agree with Justin on the fact that many of them do sound oddly alike. One thing that stood out immediately to me was that each of the "older male voices" were not only alike.. but that they each enjoyed using the word realization, and the same pronunciation of it.

As for the little boy and the cotton picker, you're right, again it does sound strangely similiar. But like Faeden, I keep coming back to the point that these voices come from virtually thin air. The medium himself was proven to not be producing the voices as well as the environment was secure upon these particular recordings.

Bogeyman: http://www.pastlifetimes.net/psychic_phone...oices_flint.htm

Well if they were all drawing from the same energy source ,this may explain it.EVP voices use whatever energy is available to them,this is why the newer ones caught on say evpmaker all sound like computers,and ones in white noise sound like whispers.....its the available energy.

I did a bit of looking around on Leslie Flint last night.......if he faked it he was in the wrong business,shuda been a magician....the amount of testing he underwent was amazing

So who tested him and where ? We keep hearing how much he was tested but where's the evidence - where are the reports, the results, the conclusions, the video, audio and written documentation.

Who are these "scientists" that tested him ?

I also found this:

"A medium still riding high in England is Leslie Flint, famed as an exponent of direct voice. William Rauscher and Allen Spraggett, who attended a sitting Flint held in 1970 in New York, told me that it was the most abysmal flop of any seance they had endured. All the spirit voices sounded exactly like the medium and displayed an incredible ignorance of nearly everything pertaining to the sitters. The "mediumship" was second-rate ventriloquism."

http://members.fortunecity.com/misteryo/pm4.html

And let's face it, it's a little suspicious that Chopin is speaking perfect English with barely a trace of an accent.

Im just trying to understand that if no one is emenating these voices why they sound alike.

For example the Winston Churchill voice, if we get his real voice from a recording somewhere(which im sure they have a recording of his voice) then we could compare the two voices that of the real Winston Churchill and that of the alleged dead WInston Churchill.

And I highly doubt they will be the same voice.

Now I know of people doing seances where they contact the dead through a real body and the dead will speak through the living using the voice of that living being. But voices emenating from air and yet they all sound as though they are coming from the same man and women.

And that was my first reaction when I heard those two men say 'Realization' It was pronounced the exact same way as the first male!

It would make more sense if they said that churchill, Ghandi, Briggs, Buttler, and so on would relay the message to another entity and that entity would be the one speak.

Tha would account for all the voices sounding alike or Boogeyman could be right with his post but how do you explain the women sounding different than the men with exception of 5 year old boy.

Very interesting none the less the more I read up on this the more I find out that this Leslie was a very renowned MEDIUM, Everyone from around the world tried to debunk him but could come up with nothing as to where these sounds were coming from.