Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Impatience..

Crazy Horse

Perhaps impatience is the epitome of ones ego?

For just even one speck of impatience is going to block one, from Knowing GOD fully.

Just one spark of impatience can ignite into real anger and hatred, and burn ones life down, to ashes, in a matter of seconds.

But if one can eradicate every last speck of impatience, then peace, openness, compassion and kindness are always there, ready.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

For just even one speck of impatience is going to block one, from Knowing GOD fully.

Just one spark of impatience can ignite into real anger and hatred, and burn ones life down, to ashes, in a matter of seconds.

But if one can eradicate every last speck of impatience, then peace, openness, compassion and kindness are always there, ready.

Thoughts?

Yeah...shut up...same thread, over and over again...different titles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

word salad...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Maybe for some gods.

How often does that happen though?  I'd agree that one moment of impatience has probably destroyed lives as far as car accidents and such but that doesn't seem to be what you're talking about, with your emphasis on personally-felt emotions and knowing god.

Or if one eradicates ever last speck of impatience it's total overkill and not a productive use of one's time, it comes at the cost of other things that could be focused on and addressed that are more worthwhile.  This especially seems to apply to what little specifics I've gleaned of your spiritual beliefs, there seem to be several things that your followers/co-theists need to focus on and perfect in order to 'Know God Fully TM ', just your requirements as far as 'love' are going to take a lot of time so not sure if impatience eradication really needs to be the spiritual priority.  Most people can handle, commiserate, and forgive that other people, and themselves, are grouchy sometimes; surely your god can at least clear that low bar of us imperfect mortals and handle it too.

• Thanks 4

19 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Thoughts?

Cultivating patience is hands on and it requires an experience actuality, such as raising children, working with children, teaching, caregiver, working with animals etc. etc., patience is a form of compassion in action meaning it creates a safe haven, space in which a person feels empowered and welcomed and supported no matter their momentary challenges or struggle. 

What you are describing is “wishful godding” like those that pin their hope on winning the lottery. :P

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

16 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Maybe for some gods.

How often does that happen though?  I'd agree that one moment of impatience has probably destroyed lives as far as car accidents and such but that doesn't seem to be what you're talking about, with your emphasis on personally-felt emotions and knowing god.

Or if one eradicates ever last speck of impatience it's total overkill and not a productive use of one's time, it comes at the cost of other things that could be focused on and addressed that are more worthwhile.  This especially seems to apply to what little specifics I've gleaned of your spiritual beliefs, there seem to be several things that your followers/co-theists need to focus on and perfect in order to 'Know God Fully TM ', just your requirements as far as 'love' are going to take a lot of time so not sure if impatience eradication really needs to be the spiritual priority.  Most people can handle, commiserate, and forgive that other people, and themselves, are grouchy sometimes; surely your god can at least clear that low bar of us imperfect mortals and handle it too.

Very well said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, joc said:

Yeah...shut up...same thread, over and over again...different titles.

Well I have to put up with your constant complaining and rudeness all the time.

So I guess we are quits?

18 hours ago, quiXilver said:

word salad...

If you are confused, and lacking comprehension, then you could always try asking a question, or two.

17 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Not if one actually wants to know GOD.

And live a peaceful life.

In abundance.

36 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Cultivating patience is hands on and it requires an experience actuality, such as raising children, working with children, teaching, caregiver, working with animals etc. etc., patience is a form of compassion in action meaning it creates a safe haven, space in which a person feels empowered and welcomed and supported no matter their momentary challenges or struggle. 

What you are describing is “wishful godding” like those that pin their hope on winning the lottery. :P

What do you mean exactly by "wishful godding"?

But practicing patience is like any other practice. 

The more effort one puts into it, the better one becomes, the more skilful, and graceful, and in tune with said practice, until that one no longer even has to think about what they are doing.

They just manifest effortlessly.

Ahhh, Grimsby's answer to Billy Graham rides again! :lol:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Ahhh, Grimsby's answer to Billy Graham rides again! :lol:

And like a moth to a flame, all the lost souls come-a-calling..

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

And like a moth to a flame, all the lost souls come-a-calling..

Nah, everyone needs a good laugh to brighten their day---but they settle for you.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Nah, everyone needs a good laugh to brighten their day---but they settle for you.

That's not bad for you Hammi, did you make that up all by yourself...:D

But seriously, many a rare truth is said in jest.

So fly away little moth, for the flame is getting brighter.

24 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

That's not bad for you Hammi, did you make that up all by yourself...:D

But seriously, many a rare truth is said in jest.

So fly away little moth, for the flame is getting brighter.

No, sadly. Your brain is just shrinking and letting more light in. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

No, sadly. Your brain is just shrinking and letting more light in. 

A bit like your jokes, mate.

You should have quit whilst you were ahead...:D

From pretty good, to, pretty average, (and next?)

Even I wont be able to salvage your next effort.

Dr House rolling eyes | StareCat.com

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

What do you mean exactly by "wishful godding"?

But practicing patience is like any other practice. 

The more effort one puts into it, the better one becomes, the more skilful, and graceful, and in tune with said practice, until that one no longer even has to think about what they are doing.

They just manifest effortlessly.

What do you do that nurtures patience?

Wishful godding is the equivalent of just talk, no walk, yet.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Dr House rolling eyes | StareCat.com

Exactly. 

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

What do you do that nurtures patience? 

Mindfulness.

Compassion.

An open peaceful acceptance of life.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Mindfulness.

Compassion.

An open peaceful acceptance of life.

Not seeing it. This is not meant as criticism just feedback. Just meaning that these might be your mental goals but the qualities are not characteristics about you, yet. Not saying they couldn’t be just that you seem so lost in fantasy. iMHO 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Not seeing it. This is not meant as criticism just feedback. Just meaning that these might be your mental goals but the qualities are not characteristics about you, yet. 

I am not sure how you can make that call, over the internet, without actually having met me.

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I am not sure how you can make that call, over the internet, without actually having met me.

Based on your posting history, you do not come across as the qualities that you claim. For ex: your responses to Hammerclaw are not loving something you brag that you are. 

Of course, I would get a bigger pic of you if I met you, but so far the qualities you claim are strengths are not supported by your posts. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Based on your posting history, you do not come across as the qualities that you claim. For ex: your responses to Hammerclaw are not loving something you brag that you are. 

Of course, I would get a bigger pic of you if I met you, but so far the qualities you claim are strengths are not supported by your posts. 

Well that all depends upon ones perspective.

You don't see it, that's fine.

But the fact is, I have a right to a voice.

And other folk have a right to their own opinion.

And therefore, lets not speak for other folks, Sheri, lets just speak for ourselves..

Edit, the highlighted bit.

Its not that I claim these qualities, just that A, leads to B, and from B, we get to C.

Edited by Crazy Horse

15 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Well that all depends upon ones perspective.

You don't see it, that's fine.

But the fact is, I have a right to a voice.

And other folk have a right to their own opinion.

And therefore, lets not speak for other folks, Sheri, lets just speak for ourselves..

This isn’t about your right to your voice.

Having a voice and using it is a “right” you exercise over and over as you should.

My two cents is the claims you make about your strengths are not coming across to me. A is not leading to B, then C, not so far. And, I can always be wrong.

Offered with compassionate intent and the understanding that feedback can be hard to hear at times for us all. 

Edited by Sherapy

• The topic was locked