Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human Antibodies Discovered That Can Block Multiple Coronaviruses Including COVID-19

Grim Reaper 6

A team of scientists from Scripps Research and the University of North Carolina (UNC) has found antibodies in the blood of certain COVID-19 donors that can block infection from a broad set of coronaviruses—specifically, in people who have recovered from the virus and were then vaccinated. They found this includes not only the COVID-19-causing SARS-CoV-2, but also SARS-CoV-1 and MERS-CoV. 

The scientists’ detailed study of the antibodies and their virus binding sites, reported on February 15, 2023, in the journal Immunity, could lead to the development of a broad coronavirus vaccine and related antibody therapeutics. Both could be used against future coronavirus pandemics as well as any future variants of SARS-CoV-2. “We show here that there are individual human monoclonal antibodies that can be found that protect against all three recent deadly coronaviruses: SARS-CoV-1, SARS-CoV-2 and MERS-CoV,” says study co-senior author Raiees Andrabi, PhD, institute investigator in the Department of Immunology and Microbiology at Scripps Research.

https://scitechdaily.com/human-antibodies-discovered-that-can-block-multiple-coronaviruses-including-covid-19/

Broadly neutralizing anti-S2 antibodies protect against all three human betacoronaviruses that cause deadly disease https://www.cell.com/immunity/fulltext/S1074-7613(23)00079-1?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS1074761323000791%3Fshowall%3Dtrue

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Ell said:

Considering the coronascam, I will never ever get myself vaccinated.

I feel the same.  I have no issue at all with anyone who got or gets the jab.  I just believe it should ALWAYS be a personal decision.  No government should be able to compel anyone to take an injection that they are unwilling to volunteer for.  After this experience,  they'll play hell getting many to take it again, force or not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ell said:

What does anything you have said here have to do with this thread, this is a major break-through!!!!!:unsure: You guys deserve each other, no one asked anyone to get vaccinated yet you both are pontificating about everything except the topic!!!!!!!!:lol:

2 hours ago, and-then said:

I feel the same.  I have no issue at all with anyone who got or gets the jab.  I just believe it should ALWAYS be a personal decision.  No government should be able to compel anyone to take an injection that they are unwilling to volunteer for.  After this experience,  they'll play hell getting many to take it again, force or not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Ell said:

Who cares?

The article is about discoveries. Not a vaccination prompt. 

Nobody interested in the science cares about anti vax opinions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

What does anything you have said here have to do with this thread, this is a major break-through!!!!!:unsure: You guys deserve each other, no one asked anyone to get vaccinated yet you both are pontificating about everything except the topic!!!!!!!!:lol:

It's a great article Manwon. A broad defence is a very promising development. It offers confidence for the future and illustrates how mRNA is a game changer. It's put a great deal of focus on microbial threats that Covid made us painfully aware of. 

Why do anti vaxers think every single development requires their belief system to be broadcast? Talk about self centred!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It's a great article Manwon. A broad defence is a very promising development. It offers confidence for the future and illustrates how mRNA is a game changer. It's put a great deal of focus on microbial threats that Covid made us painfully aware of. 

Why do anti vaxers think every single development requires their belief system to be broadcast? Talk about self centred!!

It is a good article and it’s proof that the scientific community has been working over time to find a solution to this problem. Frankly I don’t care if the antivaxers get it or not, what frustrates me, is the fact that they will comment without even reading the article, like they did here. I think Forest Gump said it best, stupid is what stupid does!:lol:

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Ell said:

Congrats here is a cookie.

• Like 4

What, our immune system can actually self defend against viral infection  without a vaccine? Non sense! It's a myth of 2018

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, qxcontinuum said:

What, our immune system can actually self defend against viral infection  without a vaccine? Non sense! It's a myth of 2018

Tell these people about that 

Deaths:

• Like 4

23 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Tell these people about that 

Deaths:

Of which majority were killed by not covid but overdose with oxygen in hospitals. Plainly of stories in Italy, France,  romania. Big scandal 

13 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

Of which majority were killed by not covid but overdose with oxygen in hospitals. Plainly of stories in Italy, France,  romania. Big scandal 

big-pile-of-shit-jurassic-park.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

big-pile-of-shit-jurassic-park.gif

The individual you quoted is a genius, according to him most of the died from an Oxygen Overdose . While Oxygen toxicity can occur it’s not common at all in hospital because one’s Oxygen levels are constantly monitored with a Pulse oximetry.

Man what a Guber!:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 11:44 PM, qxcontinuum said:

Where is your source for that?

I do have been extremely distrustful of the oxygen respirators covid19 patients got administered. My intuition is that they disturb the microbiome balance in the airways and that may have lethal consequences.

37 minutes ago, Ell said:

I do have been extremely distrustful of the oxygen respirators covid19 patients got administered. My intuition is that they disturb the microbiome balance in the airways and that may have lethal consequences.

And the evidence for that is what?

8 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

The evidence for nearly all humans - especially high IQ sociopaths and narcissists - being stupid, even eminent scientists?

What about the platypus? Parts of different animals having been sown together by children?

7 minutes ago, Ell said:

The evidence for nearly all humans - especially high IQ sociopaths and narcissists - being stupid, even eminent scientists?

What about the platypus? Parts of different animals having been sown together by children?

No I asked for your evidence that oxgen respirators played a part in Covid Deaths. 

40 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

No I asked for your evidence that oxgen respirators played a part in Covid Deaths. 

Lots of people die on respirators or after having been on respirators. They get an airways infection.

The brother of a former sister in law of mine was one of them after a cancer operation, about ten years ago.

I would like such evidence and relevant data myself as well.

5 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

It's Is quite frustrating to see argumentative entities asking proof for just everything. My answer is: go ahead and research online a subject that has been brought to your attention and that you may not necessarily believe. Take a neutral stance firts. Don't expect others to to quickly feed informations referring to a such uncommon and inconvenient subject that are pieced together from days of studying and reserch 

23 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

It's Is quite frustrating to see argumentative entities asking proof for just everything.

I suspect that such people have extremely insecure psychologies.

They seem even more weird when they ask for proofs of a hypothesis. A hypothesis does not start with proofs.

51 minutes ago, Ell said:

I suspect that such people have extremely insecure psychologies.

They seem even more weird when they ask for proofs of a hypothesis. A hypothesis does not start with proofs.

You’re certainly right a hypothesis doesn’t start with proof, but you’re off track from the OP of this thread. Why not read the article and then add your thoughts?

39 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

read the article and then add your thoughts?

I have now read the linked article.

Whereas I consider protein structural analysis extremely important, the envisioned vaccine in my opinion is less important. From my perspective of my affinity to biology, ignoring my concern for human and animal suffering, I have no problem with a virus killing off lots of people. Survival of the fittest and all that. (Ignoring also that my own fitness is doubtful.)

1 hour ago, Ell said:

I have now read the linked article.

Whereas I consider protein structural analysis extremely important, the envisioned vaccine in my opinion is less important. From my perspective of my affinity to biology, ignoring my concern for human and animal suffering, I have no problem with a virus killing off lots of people. Survival of the fittest and all that. (Ignoring also that my own fitness is doubtful.)

What are your thoughts on genetic immunity, that’s what this thread and the OP are about?

31 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

What are your thoughts on genetic immunity, that’s what this thread and the OP are about?

Antibodies may contribute to antiviral defense, but in general the main weapon deployed by the immune system against virus infected cells are the cytotoxic T cells. Viral proteins are mostly irrelevant. In fact in one of my two not completed treatises about the immune system from the mid-eighties I mention a remark that researchers had looked for viral proteins in the cell membrane of infected cells - and they could not find any.

Vaccines against bacteria on the other hand do are effective, as the function of most antibodies is antibacterial defense.