Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia running out of tanks

DarkHunter

There is now footage of Russia moving T-55 tanks from far eastern Russia towards the west presumably to Ukraine.

It hasnt been confirmed yet that those T-55s are heading to the Ukranian front but the fact they are being moved at all it concerning.

There is starting to be suspicion that the Russian military is starting to run out of T-72 tanks that are functional.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2023/03/12/the-russian-army-is-running-out-of-t-72-tanks-and-quickly/?sh=21c589f66099

What is known is that so far Russia has lost 1,871 tanks of which a lot of them are the newer variants of T-72 and T-80, for the T-90M Russia has lost approximately 22% of what they had.

• Like 5

Apparently the Russians have been equipping old, even ancient tanks with surplus and out of date but plentiful night scopes, and targeting computers, then putting them on trains and sending them to Ukraine to be blown up like its some sort of Soviet Era equipment fire sale.  Mobiks are calling them mobile crematoria.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Apparently the Russians have been equipping old, even ancient tanks with surplus and out of date but plentiful night scopes, and targeting computers, then putting them on trains and sending them to Ukraine to be blown up like its some sort of Soviet Era equipment fire sale.  Mobiks are calling them mobile crematoria.

Hi Al

And they will likely use cell phones with google maps to navigate

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Al

And they will likely use cell phones with google maps to navigate

The Russian govt is desperately envious of you and wants to know where you have received such accurate intelligence :lol:  

• Haha 5

Russia plans to produce 1,500 battle tanks later this year as part of the invasion of Ukraine

''Former Russian president and current deputy chairman of the country's Security Council, Dmitry Medvedev, said Thursday that Russia plans to produce another 1,500 tanks later this year to confront Ukrainian forces in the framework of the invasion of the territory.

''Our enemies think that our industry will choke, that we will spend everything and run out of resources,'' he asserted before stressing that ''this year alone 1,500 tanks will be produced,'' Interfax news agency reported.

In this sense, he regretted that the international community is ''trying to reduce the imports of materials'' and pointed out that ''they keep pointing out that Russia is running out of weapons'', something he rejected.''

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/russia-plans-to-produce-1500-battle-tanks-later-this-year-as-part-of-the-invasion-of-ukraine/ar-AA18Zb8h?li=AAggFp5

It doesn't look likely that Russia will 'run out' of tanks anytime soon.

12 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Russia plans to produce 1,500 battle tanks later this year as part of the invasion of Ukraine

''Former Russian president and current deputy chairman of the country's Security Council, Dmitry Medvedev, said Thursday that Russia plans to produce another 1,500 tanks later this year to confront Ukrainian forces in the framework of the invasion of the territory.

''Our enemies think that our industry will choke, that we will spend everything and run out of resources,'' he asserted before stressing that ''this year alone 1,500 tanks will be produced,'' Interfax news agency reported.

In this sense, he regretted that the international community is ''trying to reduce the imports of materials'' and pointed out that ''they keep pointing out that Russia is running out of weapons'', something he rejected.''

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/russia-plans-to-produce-1500-battle-tanks-later-this-year-as-part-of-the-invasion-of-ukraine/ar-AA18Zb8h?li=AAggFp5

Russia has one operating tank factory that can produce about 20 tanks a month at best, so about 240 tanks a year.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-demand-tanks-outstrips-production-by-factor-of-10-report-2023?amp

The Soviet Union, which was far larger, more powerful, richer, and had a far large industrial base than Russia was only able to build 1,000 tanks a month but Russia is going to outperform the Soviet Union.

Even then Medvedev isn't exactly a reliable source of information, especially in regards to the Russian military.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Excellent, later this year.  It might have been better to do that now so they wouldn't need to gas up grandpa's  tanks  and ship them back from Siberia.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

The Russian govt is desperately envious of you and wants to know where you have received such accurate intelligence :lol:  

Hi Al

I am just going by how their superior aircraft were shot down with cell phones duct taped to the instrument panels so am assuming their superior tanks will operate in a like manner.:lol:

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Russia has one operating tank factory that can produce about 20 tanks a month at best, so about 240 tanks a year.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-demand-tanks-outstrips-production-by-factor-of-10-report-2023?amp

The Soviet Union, which was far larger, more powerful, richer, and had a far large industrial base than Russia was only able to build 1,000 tanks a month but Russia is going to outperform the Soviet Union.

Even then Medvedev isn't exactly a reliable source of information, especially in regards to the Russian military.

Given you track record of predicting that Russia would run out of just about anything since early 2022, I am far less inclined to believe you.

I remember one specific claim you made, that Russia would no longer be able to get microchips for it's military hardware. That turned out to be wrong.

Russia's ability to dodge sanctions to get crucial components and replenish their stocks has proved to be far more resilient then what we have been told.

Edited by Occult1

5 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Given you track record of predicting that Russia would run out of just about anything since early 2022, I am far less inclined to believe you.

I remember one specific claim you made, that Russia would no longer be able to get microchips for it's military hardware. That turned out to be wrong.

Russia's ability to dodge sanctions to get crucial components and replenish their stocks has proved to be far more resilient then what we have been told.

If I remember correctly you claimed the Ukranian airforce was destroyed which it wasnt, that the Ukranian air defense was destroyed which it wasnt, claims of Ukrainian military being full of neo-Nazis which they arent, and the Ukranian military being on the verge of collapse which it hasnt.  Between the two of us your track record is far worse.

Russia being able to smuggle and scrap together low amount of microchips isnt enough to supply their need.  If it was they would still be upgrading T-72 tanks and sending those out instead of refurbishing T-62 tanks with ERA and sending them to the front lines.

Still you dodge the matter of how is Russia, with a far smaller industrial base going to produce more tanks a month than the USSR did with a much larger industrial base.

Probably a month or two more till the first Russian loss of a T-54/T-55

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Occult1 said:

I've scoured the web looking at reports from various sources and I've found something that kind of fascinates me.  I've seen America sending troops around the world, often in combat, and I've never really seen the dueling propaganda as prominently as I have in this conflict.  The reporting from western sources paints a picture of a Russian military that's near the point of collapse while non-western sources say exactly the same thing about Ukraine.  I mean, it's literally six to five, and pick 'em.   

With DC/NATO continuing to send tanks and materiel, piecemeal and rather slowly, it makes me wonder if they aren't dragging their feet because they realize the tanks - and possibly jets - will just wind up as Russian prizes.  I also wonder how much longer Washington can reject out of hand even the idea of peace talks, without any consideration of possible solutions. 

I get that the Ukrainians want to fight on and remain totally sovereign on what they see as their land and I respect the hell out of them for it, but the reality is that they can only afford to do that while they are being propped up by the west.  With Russia showing no signs of backing down, regardless of the slaughter they are suffering, this looks like Putin figures to make it a war of attrition and Ukraine cannot win a war based on trading bodies for land.

If Xi decides to send a substantial amount of lethal aid, the west could find itself in as much a nightmare scenario as they say Putin faces now.  What a damned MESS...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How many operational jets or tanks has Russia captured from the Ukraine was the search I made and all I am seeing is how the Ukraine has been captured Russian equipment.

@DarkHunterdo you have anything? My guess is that Russia hasn’t captured any tanks and taking any equipment large than a washing machine back to Russia would be difficult 

14 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Later this year huh?  And where will they get the processors from?  This is more Russian maskarovka and vranyo.  They have been running out of T34s to modernize and are now going for T32s.  They can probably recondition that number of decaying old rust buckets to go and catch fire in Ukraine.  I am thinking I should invest in a scrap metal business in Ukraine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Hi Nuke

Thanks and did read through several articles in the link. After And Then commented about the US dragging their feet about supplying certain types of equipment to the Ukraine over fear of Russia getting American tech I looked to see what if any armaments Russia might have gotten from the Ukraine. I didn’t find any instances that would support his concern. I think it would be more probable if the Ukraine was fighting in Russia which is not the case.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, and-then said:

I've scoured the web looking at reports from various sources and I've found something that kind of fascinates me.  I've seen America sending troops around the world, often in combat, and I've never really seen the dueling propaganda as prominently as I have in this conflict.  The reporting from western sources paints a picture of a Russian military that's near the point of collapse while non-western sources say exactly the same thing about Ukraine.  I mean, it's literally six to five, and pick 'em.   

With DC/NATO continuing to send tanks and materiel, piecemeal and rather slowly, it makes me wonder if they aren't dragging their feet because they realize the tanks - and possibly jets - will just wind up as Russian prizes.  I also wonder how much longer Washington can reject out of hand even the idea of peace talks, without any consideration of possible solutions. 

I get that the Ukrainians want to fight on and remain totally sovereign on what they see as their land and I respect the hell out of them for it, but the reality is that they can only afford to do that while they are being propped up by the west.  With Russia showing no signs of backing down, regardless of the slaughter they are suffering, this looks like Putin figures to make it a war of attrition and Ukraine cannot win a war based on trading bodies for land.

If Xi decides to send a substantial amount of lethal aid, the west could find itself in as much a nightmare scenario as they say Putin faces now.  What a damned MESS...

Would you had opposed Nickel Grass operation? Israelis fought and won, despite Arab countries being backed by USSR, and despite NATO allies, except Portugal (Viva Portugal!), refusing US landing strips for refueling...

12 hours ago, and-then said:

I am a hundred percent fine draining Russia just like we drained the Soviets in Afghanistan. 

I feel if people looked at it from a more analytic standpoint instead of a fearful one that you would see that this is actually beneficial for us and the free world. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

I am a hundred percent fine draining Russia just like we drained the Soviets in Afghanistan. 

I feel if people looked at it from a more analytic standpoint instead of a fearful one that you would see that this is actually beneficial for us and the free world. 

From cold analytic point of view 'Yes'... Drain russkys of their resorces...

Though, less casualty prone solution - flood Ukrainian forces with whatever Ukrainians need, like was done during WWII, or during Yom Kippur War.

Edited by bmk1245

Quetion for mods: why russkys is ok, but *******s being censored? -ys vs -ies, whats the difference?

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

This kind of statement completely disregards what the civilian population has to endure.

What you really mean is a long, protracted war that can only exacerbate the situation and increase the amount of death and suffering.

You are also assuming that the Russian military logistics for the Ukraine war and the Soviets is Afghanistan is the same. It is not.

Russia can sustain a protracted conflict on it's border and has the means to adapt to it. One example of that is using a PMC as infantry to advance in Bakhmut.

Edited by Occult1

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

This kind of statement completely disregards what the civilian population has to endure.

What you really mean is a long, protracted war that can only exacerbate the situation and increase the amount of death and suffering.

You are also assuming that the Russian military logistics for the Ukraine war and the Soviets is Afghanistan is the same. It is not.

Russia can sustain a protracted conflict on it's border and has the means to adapt to it. One example of that is using a PMC as infantry to advance in Bakhmut.

Ukraine deserves support as long as they are choosing to fight. Because they are a free people who deserves autonomy like anyone else.That's the moral argument and I am fine with that even if it's a prolonged war.

Who are you tell tell someone that they can't choose to fight to preserve their freedom? 

Putin could end that suffering any day he chooses too. All deaths in this war are his responsibility Occult. The blood is on his hands. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

Hi Occult

Which civilian population are you referring to, the Russian? If so then that kind of overlooks the hardships Ukrainian civilians have endured doesn’t it and they are the ones being invaded. If Russia wants a share of the glory then the should get a share of the pain they inflict.

Bakhmut, lol yes we can see how they have steam rolled their forces through there, oh wait they are out of ammo and not doing so well tisk, tisk.

2 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Yes, their command maintenance and supply discipline programs are far smaller and much less efficient than Soviet Russia's. Russia is utilizing outdated equipment that has sat in refit yards in the East and they are now burning through those.

The PMC that is getting eviscerated as bullet sponges in an exponential failure of force utilization and projection. Good example.:lol:

I can't wait to see what gets line hauled to the front once spring arrives.

• Like 2

I understand that the T55 tank can be compromised by conventional gun weaponry. 

It's just a rolling coffin, IMO

• Like 2

Medvedev claims Russia can produce 1500 T-90’s a year? Probably bullchit!

…still tanks being used as self propelled howitzers is nothing new. Using up junk and old ammunition is very efficient. 

Or alternatively, Russia has a serious problem in manufacturing which let’s face it China will be forced to sell tanks to Russia because like America, it also has a dog in this fight and they can afford for it to lose