Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Federal prosecutors say 1,000 more people could be arrested in connection with Jan. 6

Grim Reaper 6

Federal prosecutors warned of a potential surge in January 6 charges, including possibly more than 1,000 new people being arrested. Matthew Graves, the United States attorney in Washington D.C., sent a letter to the chief judge of the Washington D.C. federal court, warning that the Department of Justice could charge another 700 to 1,200 new defendants in connection with the Jan. 6 riot, Bloomberg reported. So far, the Department of Justice said it has arrested at least 999 people in connection with the riot, meaning that the department could more than double its current number of arrests.

“We expect the pace of bringing new cases will increase, in an orderly fashion, over the course of the next few months,” Graves wrote. Despite the estimated total of new prosecutions given, he added that the total could change, as the Justice Department continues to “evaluate changing resources and circumstances.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/federal-prosecutors-say-1-000-more-people-could-be-arrested-in-connection-with-jan-6/ar-AA18YkhW?cvid=5b446d6bdb164e3f8627ce222d18796a&ei=40

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I gotta hand it to the establishment types. They have zero shame. Expose them and they double down. Hard. 

Now they want to arrest people who never even stepped foot in the capitol. I’d like to think justice will prevail. That common sense will win the day. Unfortunately that probably won’t be the case. If not a serious miscarriage of justice is about to take place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I gotta hand it to the establishment types. They have zero shame. Expose them and they double down. Hard. 

Now they want to arrest people who never even stepped foot in the capitol. I’d like to think justice will prevail. That common sense will win the day. Unfortunately that probably won’t be the case. If not a serious miscarriage of justice is about to take place. 

‘Now they want to arrest people who never even stepped foot on the capitol.’

Please expand on this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Now they want to arrest people who never even stepped foot in the capitol.

Do you have a source for that, you know it’s required to provide sources when asked

30 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I’d like to think justice will prevail. That common sense will win the day. Unfortunately that probably won’t be the case. If not a serious miscarriage of justice is about to take place. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Timothy said:

‘Now they want to arrest people who never even stepped foot on the capitol.’

Please expand on this.

I will expand upon it, he made it up, there is nothing about that in the OP!:no:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I will expand upon it, he made it up, there is nothing about that in the OP!:no:

I know a farmer who was charged. Other than his stupid actions, he's a decent guy. People rather believe bs than the truth and it's actually sad.

:no:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

"Law and order". Is only good if it's not around Jan 6 apparently.

The people being arrested broke laws.  You're acting like they are innocent. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, Piney said:

I know a farmer who was charged. Other than his stupid actions, he's a decent guy. People rather believe bs than the truth and it's actually sad.

Yea Trump hypnotizes these people, it’s amazing when you think about. Once, these people bend the knee they will follow Trump anywhere!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yea Trump hypnotizes these people, it’s amazing when you think about. Once, these people bend the knee they will follow Trump anywhere!

I don't understand...

One of my firefighter friends went off yesterday about Trump being a good businessman.

I said when you owe more than you own, your not and at least Liz Cheney doesn't have Saudi and Russian Bank loans and her father owns  all his assets.

• Like 5

Mmm once they found the nooks and crannies insurrectionists like to socialize on the internet, making threats against government officials is still a criminal offense. Especially if you are armed, angry and travel to an actual insurrection. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Piney said:

I don't understand...

One of my firefighter friends went off yesterday about Trump being a good businessman.

I said when you owe more than you own, your not and at least Liz Cheney doesn't have Saudi and Russian Bank loans and her father owns  all his assets.

People are so consumed by the propaganda they have stopped thinking for themselves. It’s a very sad state of affairs, that has brought our Nation to this point in time. But, it obvious what happens when we as a Nation become complacent, now hopefully enough people will wake up and say NO MORE. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

People are so consumed by the propaganda they have stopped thinking for themselves. It’s a very sad state of affairs, that has brought our Nation to this point in time. But, it obvious what happens when we as a Nation become complacent, now hopefully enough people will wake up and say NO MORE. 

Riley Williams, the woman who tries to take Nancy Pelosis laptop, just got sentenced to three years today. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/23/jan-6-defendant-riley-williams-sentenced-00088569

What a waste. Why? Did you honestly think you were going to steal a government official's laptop, break into it and get away with it? What was the plan? And where's Trump when he said he would meet y'all there? LMAO! Didn't he say he would pay all your legal fees, too?

He wouldn't lie, would he?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Riley Williams, the woman who tries to take Nancy Pelosis laptop, just got sentenced to three years today. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/23/jan-6-defendant-riley-williams-sentenced-00088569

What a waste. Why? Did you honestly think you were going to steal a government official's laptop, break into it and get away with it? What was the plan? And where's Trump when he said he would meet y'all there? LMAO! Didn't he say he would pay all your legal fees, too?

He wouldn't lie, would he?

I totally agree with you, but these are the times we live in. These people have lost their minds, and no matter what evidence is presented to prove Trumps crimes it will makes no difference! So, all we can do is move on do what’s right and pay no attention to the idiots. Except those in Congress and the Senate, these people need to be voted out of office and exposed for what they are.

JIMHO

• Like 3

On 3/23/2023 at 6:49 AM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Do you have a source for that, you know it’s required to provide sources when asked

I'm just guessing here but we're there actually 2000 people who entered the capitol? Were there even 999? I think that's what he was saying.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I'm just guessing here but we're there actually 2000 people who entered the capitol? Were there even 999? I think that's what he was saying.

Apparently more than 2000 entered the Capital that day. In addition to this there was a hell of a lot of fighting outside the Capital between Law Enforcement and protesters. There is a strong possibility they are going after some of those protesters as well. It has been estimated that close to 120,000 Trump Supporters showed up at the rally that day, how many move to the Capitol I have no idea.:tu:

• Like 2

On 3/23/2023 at 6:00 AM, Piney said:

That statement gave me a feeling of Deja Vu, it was the guys at work talking about people making meth and one guy said the exact same words.

(different context- we had a laborer/arsonist who got out of jail for meth manufacturing and burning down his mobile lab when police caught him.  Jobs for Felons program really lets you meet interesting people.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

That statement gave me a feeling of Deja Vu, it was the guys at work talking about people making meth and one guy said the exact same words.

(different context- we had a laborer/arsonist who got out of jail for meth manufacturing and burning down his mobile lab when police caught him.  Jobs for Felons program really lets you meet interesting people.)

I spent 3 years in the gang max for something that wasn't illegal. I met all types.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

I spent 3 years in the gang max for something that wasn't illegal. I met all types.

Our guy was guilty, though.  He was quite proud that his quick thinking on burning down his mobile lab had gotten him out of the manufacturing charge.  Apparently, it is still arson if you burn down your own truck (in Iowa at least).

He was a nice guy and hard working.

• Like 3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

C99C8CE8-EF37-4C85-9753-D4DB75F885E4.jpeg.c3241ebc9ae594b3fc910d16ef9f1e16.jpeg

• Thanks 1

BREAKING NEWS

QANON SHAMAN RELEASED FROM PRISON AND IS A FREE MAN 

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!! :D :lol:

1680387040679.thumb.jpg.0416c76737f7e685378f17aa54fc4952.jpg

3 hours ago, acidhead said:

BREAKING NEWS

So does this mean it's not a witch hunt now?

5 hours ago, acidhead said:

BREAKING NEWS

This is the one guy I felt should have received a pardon, mainly because the bulk of his actions and activities could be argued as protected speech. He fell into a different category in my mind.

Trespassing would have been the extent of the charges I would have agreed to, and no jail time.

This is good news. I’m happy he is out.