Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two additional deaths linked to bacteria in recalled eye drops, CDC says

Grim Reaper 6

rare strain of bacteria found in recalled eye drops has been linked to dozens of infections, as well as cases of vision loss and surgical removal of eyes. This week, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported two additional deaths – a total of three – have been linked to the bacterial infection. As of March 21, the CDC has identified 68 people in 16 states with infections of a rare strain of drug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa never before reported in the United States. Most of the patients reported using artificial tears, the CDC said, and EzriCare Artificial Tears was the brand most commonly reported.

As of March 21, the CDC has identified 68 people in 16 states with infections of a rare strain of drug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa never before reported in the United States. Most of the patients reported using artificial tears, the CDC said, and EzriCare Artificial Tears was the brand most commonly reported. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/two-additional-deaths-linked-to-bacteria-in-recalled-eye-drops-cdc-says/ar-AA18WWXG?ocid=Peregrine&cvid=bbea84d7ddd845a1bbf3be8baa71489b&ei=36

• Sad 5

I saw this on the news this morning.  Terrible.  When it was on TV I was in the process of eating my morning regimen of vitamins and looked suspiciously over at the bottles they come in and wondered, just how do I know these aren't going to kill me?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I saw this on the news this morning.  Terrible.  When it was on TV I was in the process of eating my morning regimen of vitamins and looked suspiciously over at the bottles they come in and wondered, just how do I know these aren't going to kill me?

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if the supplements in my house  are any more than medicine show snake oil.  (I hear snake oil is good for your joints:D

I think here is  a place where some oversight or regulation by a governing body is useful and not an imposition on our freedom.  Beta gripto gluzomatine from Dr;.Oz may not make us young and thin, but it is not supposed to kill us.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if the supplements in my house  are any more than medicine show snake oil.  (I hear snake oil is good for your joints:D

I think here is  a place where some oversight or regulation by a governing body is useful and not an imposition on our freedom.  Beta gripto gluzomatine from Dr;.Oz may not make us young and thin, but it is not supposed to kill us.

Has Memet found work again? 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, OverSword said:

I use contacts. So while contact saline is not eye drops and is supposed to be antibacterial, when I saw this news a week ago it still terrified me

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3