Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

German brewery creates world-first carbonated powder beer

Still Waters

The global beer industry is massive, but it’s also one of the least efficient in the world. Transporting large quantities of beer bottled in heavy glass bottles all over the world is expensive, but what if you didn’t have to? What if some of the world’s most famous breweries could just ship their products overseas in powdered form, and the company on the receiving end would just have to add water to it? German brewery Neuzeller Klosterbräu claims to have come up with a process to create any type of beer in powdered form, alcohol and carbonation included. All anyone has to do is add water and they are left with a regular beer.

https://www.odditycentral.com/foods/german-brewery-claims-its-beer-in-powder-form-could-change-industry-forever.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Powdered alcohol was invented back in 1966. I had no idea, I thought that would be the near impossible part. Surprised it took this long to make it into beer, honestly.

Time to buy some powdered cocktails.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

YUCK!!!  No real beer fan would touch that.  Sounds like it will come in handy on Mars but otherwise, nope.

• Thanks 1

I've been trying to find powdered alcohol all afternoon, apparently it's mostly (if not all the way) banned in the US. BS!

I won't be surprised if this gets banned too.

Edited by moonman