Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. contractor killed, five service members and contractor wounded in suicide drone strike in Syria

Grim Reaper 6

U.S. contractor was killed and five U.S. service members and one U.S. contractor were wounded Thursday when a suicide drone hit a Coalition base near Hasakah in northeast Syria just before 2 p.m. local time, the Pentagon said in a statement. The intelligence community believes the drone to have been of Iranian origin, according to the statement. The U.S. retaliated with air strikes on Iranian-linked targets in the area.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said, “At the direction of President Biden, I authorized U.S. Central Command forces to conduct precision airstrikes tonight in eastern Syria against facilities used by groups affiliated with Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC).”

U.S. contractor killed, five service members and contractor wounded in suicide drone strike in Syria (msn.com)

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

What dirty imperialsits doing in Syria,..

Stealing oil, shipping it across the border into Iraq. 

• Like 1

No confirmation by "fact-checked" media yet but there are multiple reports of as many as 20 missiles hitting several US bases in Syria, and multiple Strato-tankers taking off from Iraq.  Looks like the IRGC is about to get tested.

Edited by and-then

7 hours ago, acidhead said:

Stealing oil, shipping it across the border into Iraq. 

Iraq has its own oil, why he/she/they need more?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bmk1245 said:

Well, I expect another Iranian shmuck 'Soleimani' being send to heavens.

I've seen some pretty wild, unsupported stories originate from that source and I still haven't found any other corroborating reports on this situation.  IF this kind of action is underway, I think it would be difficult to refuse to report it.  Hopefully, that site is full of it, again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, and-then said:

I've seen some pretty wild, unsupported stories originate from that source and I still haven't found any other corroborating reports on this situation.  IF this kind of action is underway, I think it would be difficult to refuse to report it.  Hopefully, that site is full of it, again.

Bring it on, we'll have something to discuss about.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 2:46 AM, and-then said:

Let's see how accurate this "laughable" source turns out to be, shall we?

https://**** Blocked ****/index.php/en/news-page/world/flash-numerous-stratotankers-just-went-up-over-iraq

No other source online is reporting this information, I suppose we will have to wait and see!

• Like 2

Here's the US on the verge of fighting in the South China Sea (Taiwan), Ukraine (possible), Iran and NKorea (also possible), and we need troops in Syria??

A country's autonomy means nothing to the Washington wags, they think they own the world and the various countries rent from the US. Jeebis

Wake up America, we are in Syria illegally!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, and-then said:

Hopefully their not fully of it, for months you have been saying that Iran needs to be taken out, well I agree with you.

27 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Wake up America, we are in Syria illegally!

it fascinates me when I see the word 'illegal' used in topics of this nature:

who determines what's illegal & what's not?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

No other source online is reporting this information, I suppose we will have to wait and see!

I think if anything like this was accurate, there'd be no way, after this much time, for regular media to ignore it.  So.. Hal Turner goes into the same box as the "Debka File".  Sensationalist BS :( 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, and-then said:

I think if anything like this was accurate, there'd be no way, after this much time, for regular media to ignore it.  So.. Hal Turner goes into the same box as the "Debka File".  Sensationalist BS :( 

At least you tried to add something, most members don’t even do that.

Thanks I appreciate it!:tu:

• Like 1

3 Stratotankers isn't real big news. The RAF has been flying a tanker and a couple of EUFI's along the Jordanian/Syrian border almost daily for over a month. There is always spook planes and tankers flying in northern Iraq near the Syrian border. You want unusual here is unusual.

The French in Iraq. LOL Landing as I post this.

French.jpg.2418298bcaa89599885adb65f24cad00.jpg

Like I mentioned in the previous post here are 2 EUFI's and a tanker returning from their daily patrol along the Syrian border. They also have been flying a sub hunter between Cyprus and Tartus Syria where the Russian naval base is.

Jordan.thumb.jpg.de28dffa2beb173dd08b8c4dec7e3364.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Why is the American military in Syria again?  Who invited them??? Is Syria going to take over the middle east and Europe??

22 service members injured in a helicopter crash

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

Why is the American military in Syria again?  Who invited them??? Is Syria going to take over the middle east and Europe??

What planet have you been living on? They've been in Syria since the Obama administration, cleaning up the ISIS mess caused by Obama pulling our troops abruptly out of Iraq, leaving a power vacuum for ISIS ideologists to exploit.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

What planet have you been living on? They've been in Syria since the Obama administration, cleaning up the ISIS mess caused by Obama pulling our troops abruptly out of Iraq, leaving a power vacuum for ISIS ideologists to exploit.

Really???

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Really???

You got a freakin' computer; check for yourself.

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You got a freakin' computer; check for yourself.

I have. The American military is in north eastern Syria.  Where the oil is located.  The oil is extracted and shipped over the border into Iraq. The American military hasn't left Iraq completely. It appears to be one giant racket nobody talks about at all. But hey, USA USA USA HOOOYRA 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

America First sound better?

Sure, why not.  As long as the America First foreign policy doesn't involve the use of force on sovereign nations. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Sure, why not.  As long as the America First foreign policy doesn't involve the use of force on sovereign nations. 

Well I like your thinking.