Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uganda proposes death penalty for ‘aggravated homosexuality’

Eldorado

America, the United Nations and the UK have all condemned a new anti-gay bill passed in Uganda, with Washington suggesting it could trigger sanctions.

The bill still needs presidential assent, but prescribes the death penalty for “aggravated homosexuality” and life imprisonment for “homosexuality”.

The bill passed by Uganda's parliament earlier this week was immediately denounced by the United Nations as “probably among the worst of its kind in the world”.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/widespread-condemnation-as-uganda-proposes-death-penalty-for-aggravated-homosexuality/ar-AA18ZNIl?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I had to know what "aggravated homosexuality" was.  It amounts to homosexual pedophiles and having unprotected homosexual sex when infected with AIDS for those who are curious but TLDR.  Here I was wondering if my NYC gay neighbors having a domestic screaming match qualified.  Thankfully not.

Edited by Alchopwn

8 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

I had to know what "aggravated homosexuality" was.  It amounts to homosexual pedophiles and having unprotected homosexual sex when infected with AIDS for those who are curious but TLDR.  Here I was wondering if my NYC gay neighbors having a domestic screaming match qualified.  Thankfully not.

So are they only restricting the punishment of pedophiles to homosexual pedophiles?   I mean, yeah do what you gotta do with pedophiles, but that goes for ALL pedophiles

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 1

Just now, HSlim said:

So are they only restricting the punishment of pedophiles to homosexual pedophiles?  

Knowing Uganda anything is possible, so I'm gonna guess "yes".  Africa has a huge rape problem; way bigger than anyone is prepared to say or do anything serious about.  I was in Kenya some years back when 50 college girls were raped in their dorms during a panty raid gone horribly violent.  No prosecutions.  Rape is endemic, it often starts the day girls go to school, and is culturally accepted as a woman's lot in life.

Edited by Alchopwn

1 minute ago, Alchopwn said:

Knowing Uganda anything is possible, so I'm gonna guess "yes".

Really wouldn't surprise me.  Reading up on Uganda just now I came across this

"High numbers of births, short birth intervals, and the early age of childbearing contribute to Uganda’s high maternal mortality rate. Gender inequities also make fertility reduction difficult; women on average are less-educated, participate less in paid employment, and often have little say in decisions over childbearing and their own reproductive health. "

Uganda - The World Factbook (cia.gov)

Edited by HSlim

• 2 months later...

Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni has remained unfazed by the recent threats of sanctions from the United States following his signing of one of the world's harshest anti-gay bills into law.

The legislation, which has triggered widespread international condemnation, imposes severe penalties for individuals involved in same-sex intercourse or the promotion of homosexuality. "The signing is finished. Nobody will move us. No amount of intimidation or actions will weaken Uganda's resolve. If they cut aid, we will sit down, discipline our expenditure and rearrange our budgets," he said.

https://www.tuko.co.ke/world/africa/508606-yoweri-museveni-unmoved-by-threats-place-sanctions-uganda-ready-war/

LGBTQAIIAZF+ activists from US and Europe can travel to Uganda and stage protests there...