Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russian troops can reach Kiev if needed

godnodog

Isn't this article 8 days too early?

• Like 2

Who brought up this article , the Russians tried a year ago and Failed so unles they have better eqipment (which is doubtfull ) they won't even try . 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

Who brought up this article , the Russians tried a year ago and Failed so unles they have better eqipment (which is doubtfull ) they won't even try . 

This is not from a year ago.

They can reach Kiev, the problem is if they're just going to die when they get there lol

• Like 3

They could launch an offensive from the north with Belarus. But that's unlikely. Their goals have shifted to capturing the territories from the 4 annexed regions.

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

They could launch an offensive from the north with Belarus. But that's unlikely. Their goals have shifted to capturing the territories from the 4 annexed regions.

So how's Bakhmut doing

1 hour ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

So how's Bakhmut doing

It's the Ukranian Bastogne and having a similar effect. It's causing a massive offensive to grind to a halt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

So how's Bakhmut doing

It's basically annihilated.  I understand the point you make and it's valid.  Neither side controls the geography but in that kind of war, Ukraine cannot win.  Between the millions who have become ex-pats, the hundreds of thousands who have been internally displaced or are dead or catastrophically wounded, Ukraine is slowly being bled white and its cities reduced to rubble.  

Are there any Ukrainian cities that are basically unscathed?  I mean, that have no serious destruction of homes or public infrastructure, including power and water?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, and-then said:

Neither side controls the geography but in that kind of war, Ukraine cannot win.

Neither can Russia, unfortunately for them - the situation is a double-edged sword. If Russia continues to occupy Ukraine they risk being bled slowly, over time, due to partisan waging guerilla warfare against the invaders in addition to the Ukrainian military. What this is becoming is a situation in which neither side will benefit from Russia's presence in Ukraine.

19 minutes ago, and-then said:

Ukraine is slowly being bled white

Russia is, too.

and its cities reduced to rubble.  

Of course. Don't you see what they are doing? Ukraine is trying to make it such that any gains that Russia makes will be completely and utterly worthless while simultaneously inflicting significant losses of bodies and material. They (Russia) might take and keep some territory, but what good is said territory if it's barren? I bet Russia will feel really victorious when they're rejoicing over their conquests while raising their flags in a pile of ashes and rubble.

27 minutes ago, and-then said:

Are there any Ukrainian cities that are basically unscathed? 

Of course not, which is why Ukrainians are fighting so hard against the invader.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, and-then said:

Are there any Ukrainian cities that are basically unscathed?  I mean, that have no serious destruction of homes or public infrastructure, including power and water?

Howdy, and-then.

About two weeks ago, the Russians fired a barrage of missiles in Ukraine. within days, the Ukrainians reported that lost power was almost completely restored. 
No word on the water situation 

Funniest thing I read all day. 

3 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

So how's Bakhmut doing

''In Bakhmut itself, Ukrainian troops, who weeks ago appeared likely to pull back, have instead dug in, a strategy some Western military experts say is risky given the need to conserve forces for a counterattack.''

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-presses-along-ukraine-front-after-reports-bakhmut-slowdown-2023-03-24/

Ukraine has committed more resources into the Bakhmut fight instead of completely withdrawing.

The fall of Bakhmut still appears inevitable. Wagner group controls more than half of the city and Ukrainian forces are semi-encircled.

Edited by Occult1

21 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

''In Bakhmut itself, Ukrainian troops, who weeks ago appeared likely to pull back, have instead dug in, a strategy some Western military experts say is risky given the need to conserve forces for a counterattack.''

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-presses-along-ukraine-front-after-reports-bakhmut-slowdown-2023-03-24/

Ukraine has committed more resources into the Bakhmut fight instead of completely withdrawing.

The fall of Bakhmut still appears inevitable. Wagner group controls more than half of the city and Ukrainian forces are semi-encircled.

It's a holding action, tying down the of bulk Russian mobile units and with the rest garrisoning captive territory, it leaves Russia no masse de manoeuvre. The Russians are pinned down, immobilized, while the Ukrainians can roam where they will and choose when and where to launch an offensive. Bakhmut is Ukraine's Bastogne, a meatgrinder.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

It seems like it may be an Alamo situation

19 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

It's a holding action, tying down the of bulk Russian mobile units and with the rest garrisoning captive territory, it leaves Russia no masse de manoeuvre. The Russians are pinned down, immobilized, while the Ukrainians can roam where they will and choose when and where to launch an offensive. Bakhmut is Ukraine's Bastogne, a meatgrinder.

You do realize that Bakhmut is almost entirely Wagner group? Ukraine is fighting a PMC backed by Russian firepower.

The bulk of Russian forces in Ukraine are not in Bakhmut. They are engaged on other fronts.

''Ukrainian military reports described heavy fighting along a line running from Lyman to Kupiansk, as well as in the south at Avdiivka on the outskirts of the Russian-held city of Donetsk.''

See also:

Currently, Lyman and Kupiansk directions are the hottest frontline spots - military expert Sniehyriov

https://global.espreso.tv/currently-lyman-and-kupiansk-directions-are-the-hottest-frontline-spots-military-expert-sniehyriov

Edited by Occult1

40 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Hi Occult

The Ukrainian forces have kept Russia focused in one spot that has had a greater cost on manpower and equipment for Russia so it serves a purpose. Wagner had lost credibility as a force to be reconned with, their supplies have been reduced because Prigozhin has complained publicly and announced his intention of replacing Putin. Bakhmut was his last chance at redemption given previous failures and he still hasn’t taken it. He will either lose his men and influence or pack up and leave which will open a corridor for counter invasion for the Ukraine which is something Russia cannot afford.

2 hours ago, Occult1 said:

The fall of Bakhmut still appears inevitable.

You have been saying the same thing since September and it still hasn’t fallen. You must be dumb or just willfully ignorant if you can’t see what Ukraine is doing.

EDIT: Your confused reaction emoji is par for the course. Want me to pull up all of the statements you made since September, AGAIN? And do I need to spell out for you essentially what everybody else has said to you about Ukraine’s plans in Bakhmut, AGAIN? It is obvious that Ukraine is attempting to grind away at Russia’s forces while simultaneously forcing Russia to commit more troops to a specific location. It gives Ukraine a chance to take territory elsewhere while facing less resistance in conjunction with committing forces to eradicating the Russian presence in Bakhmut. 

This is not rocket appliances.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

You have been saying the same thing since September and it still hasn’t fallen. You must be dumb or just willfully ignorant if you can’t see what Ukraine is doing.

So if Bakhmut falls eventually, will you admit you were wrong?

It is obvious that Ukraine is attempting to grind away at Russia’s forces while simultaneously forcing Russia to commit more troops to a specific location. It gives Ukraine a chance to take territory elsewhere while facing less resistance in conjunction with committing forces to eradicating the Russian presence in Bakhmut. 

The problem is that the battle for Bakhmut is also degrading Ukrainian forces. Wagner group is not the only one suffering a tremendous amount of casualties.

Ukraine short of skilled troops and munitions as losses, pessimism grow

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/03/13/ukraine-casualties-pessimism-ammunition-shortage/

Edited by Occult1

Just now, Occult1 said:

Wrong about what? Bakhmut’s fall not being imminent, the contrary to which you have been repeating like a broken record since September? Sure, when you admit to being wrong about all of those times previously when you claimed that “Bakhmut is about to fall”.

I’m also not sure what i would be admitting being wrong about, as I haven’t been claiming that Bakhmut won’t fall—only that it hasn’t, yet, in spite of your repeated claims to the contrary. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

The problem is that the battle for Bakhmut is also degrading Ukrainian forces. Wagner group is not the only one suffering a tremendous amount of casualties.

Ukraine short of skilled troops and munitions as losses, pessimism grow

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/03/13/ukraine-casualties-pessimism-ammunition-shortage/

And the situation for Russia may be worse. During a NATO meeting last month, U.K. Defense Minister Ben Wallace said that 97 percent of Russia’s army was already deployed in Ukraine and that Moscow was suffering “First World War levels of attrition.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Wrong about what? Bakhmut’s fall not being imminent, the contrary to which you have been repeating like a broken record since September? Sure, when you admit to being wrong about all of those times previously when you claimed that “Bakhmut is about to fall”.

I’m also not sure what i would be admitting being wrong about, as I haven’t been claiming that Bakhmut won’t fall—only that it hasn’t, yet, in spite of your repeated claims to the contrary. 

Currently Russian military might not want bakhmut to fall, they just want Ukraine to keep pouring in reserves as they are doing so far. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Russia is, too.

But you'll note the difference in combat-eligible resource pools.  From what I've seen, Ukraine has already had 3-4 "mobilizations".  There are fewer than 20 million people left in Ukraine.  Russia still has roughly 140 million.  Obviously only a small number of that total - for either nation - could be drafted into combat but with 7X the population, a total willingness to keep feeding bodies into the grinder, and an armaments industry currently being put on full capacity, Ukraine, at some point is going to have to have help in the form of NATO boots, or a level of sophisticated firepower unseen so far in this war.  if they are to prevail at any level.

So far, this war hasn't yielded much positive result for NATO or the wider west.  Yes, the west IS coming together and are more coordinated than they were prior to last February but the price for that is a new alignment of other world power centers that are ready to engage in more focused, blatant competition with America and the EU.  The fact remains, we have no idea how these changes are going to affect world peace in the coming years.

28 minutes ago, kartikg said:

Currently Russian military might not want bakhmut to fall, they just want Ukraine to keep pouring in reserves as they are doing so far. 

Yes, and of course, Ukraine's military leaders want to do the same to Russian forces.  I think that IF we see Ukrainian forces pushing Russia back from their current positions, then maybe Ukraine has a chance to negotiate from a position of strength.  If they cannot sustain a successful counter-offensive by this summer, then I'll be far more likely to believe the Russian propaganda over that coming from the west's crowd of media thugs.

• Thanks 1

Just now, and-then said:

Yes, and of course, Ukraine's military leaders want to do the same to Russian forces.  I think that IF we see Ukrainian forces pushing Russia back from their current positions, then maybe Ukraine has a chance to negotiate from a position of strength.  If they cannot sustain a successful counter-offensive by this summer, then I'll be far more likely to believe the Russian propaganda over that coming from the west's crowd of media thugs.

You’re already neck-deep in Russian propaganda, so that doesn’t surprise me. I see you.