Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the mysterious 'Havana Syndrome' really a psychosomatic illness ?

UM-Bot

No, it's infrasound propagated by an unpowered medium placed in an innocuous object being broadcast to.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 5:21 AM, Alchopwn said:

Agreed Hammerclaw. It's infrasound.

I've heard swat teams use long range  acoustic devices to break up crowds. I don't understand how the embassy group got sick but no one else. Such as, hotel staff or other guests. Also I've seen articles about Havana Syndrome, which seem to flip flop on explanations. They had inner ear damage. Then, its psychosomatic, they all simultaneously got stressed out! I seriously doubt it's some mass delusion or psychogenic illness. Especially if guests got sick before telling anyone. I think they were somehow drugged or poisoned. 

Edited by Bed of chaos

17 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

I've heard swat teams use long range  acoustic devices to break up crowds. I don't understand how the embassy group got sick but no one else. Such as, hotel staff or other guests. Also I've seen articles about Havana Syndrome, which seem to flip flop on explanations. They had inner ear damage. Then, its psychosomatic, they all simultaneously got stressed out! I seriously doubt it's some mass delusion or psychogenic illness. Especially if guests got sick before telling anyone. I think they were somehow drugged or poisoned. 

Infrasound has only recently been discovered to have notable effects on humans and other living things.  It is quite possible that a number of supernatural phenomena can be explained by infrasound.  My understanding of the phenomenon is that if weaponized it could easily produce effects the same as Havana syndrome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1