Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are so many massive music arenas being built in the U.K.?

ouija ouija

https://www.timeout.com/uk/music/why-are-so-many-massive-music-arenas-being-built-across-the-uk?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

The first answer that came into my mind was this: because they are going to be used for some nefarious other purpose, not too far in the future, which definitely doesn't involve listening to music. I envisage UK citizens being herded into them against their will and locked in. :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

https://www.timeout.com/uk/music/why-are-so-many-massive-music-arenas-being-built-across-the-uk?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

The first answer that came into my mind was this: because they are going to be used for some nefarious other purpose, not too far in the future, which definitely doesn't involve listening to music. I envisage UK citizens being herded into them against their will and locked in. :unsure:

Having read the article there is no impression of that at all. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Music arenas are not an optimum design for locking people up.. Warehouses are a lot more efficient and draw little attention when built. Plus they are cheap and go up quickly.

• Like 7

* shrugs * What can I say . . . it just popped into my mind :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/26/2023 at 6:07 AM, Tatetopa said:

Music arenas are not an optimum design for locking people up.. Warehouses are a lot more efficient and draw little attention when built. Plus they are cheap and go up quickly.

But people are more likely to willingly walk into a music arena.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

Which proves what?

2 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Because it is a whole lot easier to get out. 

10 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Which proves what?

Er . . . I don't think I was trying to prove anything other than, if you wanted to capture a lot of people, they are more likely to be duped into walking into a snazzy arena than a warehouse down some country backroad.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Because it is a whole lot easier to get out. 

Not necessarily. Surely arenas can be locked up and made secure? They're not constantly open to anyone who wants to walk in.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 1:05 AM, Scholar4Truth said:

Having a relatively normal working brain, there is no impression of that at all. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Having a relatively normal working brain, there is no impression of that at all. 

What are you talking about?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

What are you talking about?

That the OP is not in full control of their mental faculties with their absured premise  

• Like 1

well the UK authorities have tried their best to annoy their citizens over the years by imposing ridiculous BS like:

'attempting to put through a policy to make sneezing an offense when driving' as an example..

So no surprise to me to hear time effort & money is spent on music venues to annoy the masses with the IMO totally & utterly boring talentless 'live in ya face' music crap the UK pumps out!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dejarma said:

well the UK authorities have tried their best to annoy their citizens over the years by imposing ridiculous BS like:

'attempting to put through a policy to make sneezing an offense when driving' as an example..

So no surprise to me to hear time effort & money is spent on music venues to annoy the masses with the IMO totally & utterly boring talentless 'live in ya face' music crap the UK pumps out!!!

I think you may have fallen victim to an April fool. Very appropriate for today.

https://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/three-new-motoring-laws-introduced-this-week-that-you-need-to-know-about#:~:text=Sneezing behind the wheel&text=The penalties for such an,and a £200 fine.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2023 at 1:05 AM, Scholar4Truth said:

Because it's too cold in Iceland.

10 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

That the OP is not in full control of their mental faculties with their absured premise  

I wouldn't deny that! :lol:

• Haha 2

On 3/30/2023 at 11:26 AM, ouija ouija said:

Not necessarily. Surely arenas can be locked up and made secure? They're not constantly open to anyone who wants to walk in.

But they're also not designed to keep people in. The opposite actually - post-Hillsborough, arenas have to be designed to allow huge numbers of people to leave quickly. 

An arena that conveniently doubles up as a maximum security prison simply wouldn't ever get planning permission.

Er . . . I don't think I was trying to prove anything other than, if you wanted to capture a lot of people, they are more likely to be duped into walking into a snazzy arena than a warehouse down some country backroad.

It's not an efficient way of enslaving a population. The amount of people who can even fit in all the arenas in the country would be the minority. The top 10 stadia in the UK combined would only fit 700,000 people in them (and yes, I rounded up to make sure they were all suitably uncomfortable). 

Additionally, if you're talking about ease when it comes to executing the plan, how easy do you think it would be to wrestle control of all the top stadia in the country from their respective owners, and do it so quietly that the public didn't notice? Sorry, @Tatetopa's warehouse plan is much better, we should go with that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/29/2023 at 10:49 PM, ouija ouija said:

Some will even pay to go watch songbirds 'lip syncing'!

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Like the storm troopers they've been cloning Ed Sheeran. Soon you will all listen 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Probably for concerts and such. 

You mean they are not Fema camps? ;)

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2023 at 12:40 AM, ouija ouija said:

Or it may be to get people listen to some kind of mind control speeches or music. I don't think you are being over paranoid at all, it's good to always question. Better than being a sheep to the slaughter. It's probably innocent but good observation ouija.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, openozy said:

Or it may be to get people listen to some kind of mind control speeches or music. I don't think you are being over paranoid at all, it's good to always question. Better than being a sheep to the slaughter. It's probably innocent but good observation ouija.

:blink: