Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Woke' US schools scarier than North Korea, says defector

Eldorado

We all know it'll go in one ear and out the other with the people who are in denial. Then there are the people who applaud it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

In California, you could go to jail for misgendering someone. Imagine telling the other inmates what you're in for. :wacko:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

It always amuses me to see people take a single person's opinion and use it to paint an entire group or accept it as fact.  

It amuses me when people think they know more about a place they've never been as opposed to a person who lived there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Grown adults saying 'woke' makes me physically cringe, it's so hard to take seriously. As frightening as North Korea? Really? Lol I've noticed she's been making the rounds with some of the usual grifters, so that's a red flag right there.

She came to attention a while back and apparently she's really not well regarded by other defectors, namely because she was part of an elite family in North Korea (Pyongyang) and would have never been subject to any sort of treatment she claimed.

She left the country at 13 claiming to have all this intimate information on Kim Jong Un even though he wasn't even in charge at the time. She shared a photo on social media that was supposedly his residence but it was actually a resort in a non private area. 

She claimed her and I think seven others crawled through the Gobi desert in -40F weather without coats for 24 hours and no one died. You'd be dead in minutes.

There are some truly terrible things happening to North Koreans, some of the worst human rights violations in the world, but she's doing these people a disservice with these inconsistencies. 

The issue of over zealous censorship, "cancel culture and wokeness" is a real one but comparing it to North Korea is about the most egregious Chicken Little **** I've ever heard. 

This women isn’t a defector, she is plant by the North Korean government. One of my wife’s brothers here in Korea works for the South Korean government in their relocation and education program for North Korean defectors. The South Korean Government excepts defectors helps them find jobs and supplies them with housing. However, when they first arrive they must go through an educational program because they have no education of skills except for whatever job they did from birth in North Korea which most consists of agricultural skills. Most people globally cannot imagine just how terrible life in North Korea actually is. Over the last few years some of Kim’s relatives were arrested and executed, they tied them to a post and used an anti aircraft gun to execute them. During 2020-2021 during the height of the Pandemic there were multiple thousands of North Korean dead just laying on the roads in the countryside unburied just rotting where they fell.

The picture this women paints is total nonsense, she is a plant nothing more and her story is total BS and anyone who believes her is as dumb as a box of rocks, dam sad!:no:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

It always amuses me to see people take a single person's opinion and use it to paint an entire group or accept it as fact.  

What amuses me more is that someone on the left that has the audacity to make such a statement.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

This women isn’t a defector, she is plant by the North Korean government. One of my wife’s brothers here in Korea works for the South Korean government in their relocation and education program for North Korean defectors. The South Korean Government excepts defectors helps them find jobs and supplies them with housing. However, when they first arrive they must go through an educational program because they have no education of skills except for whatever job they did from birth in North Korea which most consists of agricultural skills. Most people globally cannot imagine just how terrible life in North Korea actually is. Over the last few years some of Kim’s relatives were arrested and executed, they tied them to a post and used an anti aircraft gun to execute them. During 2020-2021 during the height of the Pandemic there were multiple thousands of North Korean dead just laying on the roads in the countryside unburied just rotting where they fell.

The picture this women paints is total nonsense, she is a plant nothing more and her story is total BS and anyone who believes her is as dumb as a box of rocks, dam sad!:no:

Ok you're closer to the source. I don't really know a whole lot about the full scope of things in Korea (does anyone?), what's she lying about from your perspective?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I certainly agree with you, but that directly due to preconceived notions that fit their personal views.

• Like 2

:o Oh noes!!! I am so scared now. OMG that's it! They convinced me we are going to become a communist and woke country if I vote Biden. :passifier: I better vote for Trump 2024!

:rolleyes: Does anybody else see a pattern of political fear mongering here? Maybe it's just coincidence. :lol:

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Ok you're closer to the source. I don't really know a whole lot about the full scope of things in Korea (does anyone?), what's she lying about from your perspective?

Her entire story stinks from the way she claims they defected to her comments about the institutions in the United States. She comes across as a typical North Korean that is still in North Korea. Here in South Korea, I watch the Korean News every morning ( Speak Korean ) and they broadcast North Korean news when Kim makes threats. I have also spoken with a few North Korean defectors, in every cases they tell the same horrific stories about life in North Korea. None, of those people tell a story like this defector or make negative comments like she does because they are so happy to be free. Your comments above were right on target, and very accurate.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

What amuses me more is that someone on the left that has the audacity to make such a statement.

What amuses me is that you most categorize another member as being on the left as if that really matters at all?:rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Oh noes!!! I am so scared now. OMG that's it! They convinced me we are going to become a communist and woke country if I vote Biden. :passifier: I better vote for Trump 2024!

OMG! They said the same thing about Trump!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is a hilarious North Korean propaganda film, that according to them shows how Americans live today.:lol:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Ah, the irony.  You just did it as well.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

The issue of over zealous censorship, "cancel culture and wokeness" is a real one but comparing it to North Korea is about the most egregious Chicken Little **** I've ever heard. 

That's what my thought was. 

Like I do agree we have a bit of a cancel culture censorship problem. And universities should be places where students can argue a diverse range of things. Arguments can get heated, we shouldn't shy from that.

But the comparison of being scarier than North Korea seems pretty hyperbolic. 

I also find the criticism suspiciously lacking critiques of right wing cancel culture. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 8

We're going full circle here.  Not only does the right love Russia...but now, America is worse than North Korea. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

surprised-ryan-reynolds.gif.b19383436c2acd8b67dd9e22cad6858c.gif

• Haha 5

From two days ago...

North Korean defector and author speaks at Roanoke College

Park detailed some of the many infractions that can get a North Korean citizen executed or sent to a concentration camp, such as finding dust on a Kim Jong Il portrait or watching a foreign film.  

https://www.roanoke.edu/about/news/yeonmi_park

Snowflake SJW says being being cancelled from college speaking circuit is scarier than execution -  during talk on college speaking circuit.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Snowflake SJW says being being cancelled from college speaking circuit is scarier than execution -  during talk on college speaking circuit.

So there are at least a few colleges left that will let people speak, unlike this...

The attacks on freedom of speech continue on college campuses

Freedom of speech is still an “iffy” situation in the United States. We have previously heard where people invited to speak on a college campus were heckled and harassed by a group that disagreed with the speaker’s point of view.

That has occurred once more. A person was invited to speak at a campus event sponsored by an off-campus organization. When news of the upcoming event became public, more than 70 opponents of the speaker immediately emailed the college administration asking that the live event be cancelled, or changed to an online event. It was not cancelled or changed.

Students also posted flyers critical of the speaker and the organization that invited him. Prior to the event, members of the sponsoring organization met for lunch on campus, but were told they were not welcome at the location because it was to be a “safe space” for students offended by the speaker being there.

cont...

https://www.bdtonline.com/opinion/the-attacks-on-freedom-of-speech-continue-on-college-campuses/article_2d19140c-c733-11ed-9d8f-1777a9c5aa14.html

I'm so sick of hearing about "safe spaces". These kids aren't prepared for real life at all if they think they are going to find one out here.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

I miss $2.00 gas, $1.50 eggs and a growing retirement. But hey, no more mean tweets. :wacko:

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Im not sure why you think she is a plant but regardless nothing in the US public education system is as bad as the programming and mental abuse suffered by North Koreans. That is just ridiculous.  I think she is just trying to sell books or something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1