Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No Ukraine offensive without more weapons – Zelensky

Unusual Tournament

3 hours ago, Trelane said:

Which US military assessment was that? I don't recall the DoD releasing any assessments. Maybe some individuals commented but not an official assessment.

US Defense Chief: Ukraine's Bakhmut Is Symbolic Rather Than Strategic

''U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said Monday if Russian troops manage to seize control of the eastern Ukrainian city of Bakhmut, that would not represent a decisive shift in the conflict.

"I think it is more of a symbolic value than it is strategic and operational value," Austin told reporters during a visit to Jordan.''

https://www.voanews.com/a/us-defense-chief-says-ukraine-s-bakhmut-has-more-symbolic-than-strategic-value/6991380.html

That doesn't seem to align with what Zelensky claims.

Edited by Occult1

Ukraine says Russian forces make progress in frontline city of Bakhmut

March 30 (Reuters) - Russian forces have had some success in the eastern frontline city of Bakhmut, Ukrainian military officials said on Wednesday evening, adding that their fighters were still holding on in a battle that has lasted several months.

In southern Ukraine, the United Nations nuclear watchdog chief said he was putting aside plans for a security zone around the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhia power plant so he could propose specific protection measures acceptable to both Moscow and Kyiv.

[...]

"Enemy forces had a degree of success in their actions aimed at storming the city of Bakhmut," the General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces said in its regular nighttime report. "Our defenders are holding the city and are repelling numerous enemy attacks."

https://www.reuters.com/world/ukraine-sees-russian-progress-eastern-frontline-city-bakhmut-2023-03-29/

Seems that Russian forces are still grinding forward in Bakhmut.

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Hi Occult

Yes Russia is being grinded at their own cost for every inch you applaud. The Ukraine is still using it to deplete Russian resources and will continue to do so, we will see what the next few weeks are like when the ground is solid.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Ukraine says Russian forces make progress in frontline city of Bakhmut

March 30 (Reuters) - Russian forces have had some success in the eastern frontline city of Bakhmut, Ukrainian military officials said on Wednesday evening, adding that their fighters were still holding on in a battle that has lasted several months.

In southern Ukraine, the United Nations nuclear watchdog chief said he was putting aside plans for a security zone around the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhia power plant so he could propose specific protection measures acceptable to both Moscow and Kyiv.

[...]

"Enemy forces had a degree of success in their actions aimed at storming the city of Bakhmut," the General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces said in its regular nighttime report. "Our defenders are holding the city and are repelling numerous enemy attacks."

https://www.reuters.com/world/ukraine-sees-russian-progress-eastern-frontline-city-bakhmut-2023-03-29/

The average number of daily Russian attacks on the front line reported by Ukraine's general staff has declined for four straight weeks since the beginning of March, to 69 in the past seven days from 124 in the week of March 1-7. Just 57 attacks were reported on Wednesday

Britain's defence ministry this week described the progress of Russian forces as "marginal" and on Wednesday, the U.S. top general Mark Milley told lawmakers that for the past 20 to 21 days, Russia's troops had not made any progress in and around Bakhmut.

As you can see, the number of resources being committed to actively attacking Bakhmut is steadily decreasing in addition to only marginal gains being made, if any at all… but you failed to mention that. Why do you routinely omit information that is not favourable to your position? 

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Milley is the best source for an honest answer and he’s constantly consistent and right. 

Britain's defence ministry this week described the progress of Russian forces as "marginal" and on Wednesday, the U.S. top general Mark Milley told lawmakers that for the past 20 to 21 days, Russia's troops had not made any progress in and around Bakhmut.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 3:30 AM, spartan max2 said:

I'm curious.

Say if a small eastern European nation like Lativa, that is part of NATO was invaded.

Would your stances be the same as it is with Ukraine ?

Of course it would. He has a track record of abandoning any allies as soon as he's called to honour a commitment. 

He'll try to spin it as patriotism instead of cowardice though.

On 3/29/2023 at 3:38 AM, Unusual Tournament said:

Just embrace the criticism, you guys called it all wrong. 

…I’ve been measured and honest in all my assessments and assumptions on this war. I’ve had a ton of private messages congratulating me on my mature and strong defence of the truth. I’m not one to point fingers but some of these messages are not exactly flattering towards certain other posters ;)

I'm glad you're so popular at the farm.

• Like 3

On 3/28/2023 at 10:38 PM, Unusual Tournament said:

I’ve had a ton of private messages congratulating me on my mature and strong defence of the truth. 

Donny, is it you?

On 3/28/2023 at 10:38 PM, Unusual Tournament said:

Just embrace the criticism, you guys called it all wrong. 

…I’ve been measured and honest in all my assessments and assumptions on this war. I’ve had a ton of private messages congratulating me on my mature and strong defence of the truth. I’m not one to point fingers but some of these messages are not exactly flattering towards certain other posters ;)

I'm not surprised. There are plenty of people here who have some kind persecution fantasy and think they are the victims for being disagreed with or for having unpopular opinions.

It is very snowflakeish. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Russia best get ready.

Barkut (or however it is spelled) really seems like an Alamo situation to me. It's about holding in time for the spring offensive weapons to gather.

That's so similar to the Alamo 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Occult1 said:

US Defense Chief: Ukraine's Bakhmut Is Symbolic Rather Than Strategic

''U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said Monday if Russian troops manage to seize control of the eastern Ukrainian city of Bakhmut, that would not represent a decisive shift in the conflict.

"I think it is more of a symbolic value than it is strategic and operational value," Austin told reporters during a visit to Jordan.''

https://www.voanews.com/a/us-defense-chief-says-ukraine-s-bakhmut-has-more-symbolic-than-strategic-value/6991380.html

That doesn't seem to align with what Zelensky claims.

That is a comment (more of an opinion), not an assessment. Formal assessments from the DoD are far more in depth and robust with details. 

• Like 1

Only third of Bakhmut under Ukrainian control, says presidential adviser

''An adviser to Ukraine's presidency said on Thursday that Ukrainian forces controlled only a third of Bakhmut, the city in eastern Ukraine. The city is currently witnessing fierce battle between forces of Russia and Ukraine. The city has seen the longest battle of the Russian invasion.

"Bakhmut is one-third controlled by Ukraine, as international observers have established," Sergiy Leshchenko said in a briefing broadcast by the presidency's Telegram channel

Leshchenko however denied that Russian forces had surrounded the city. A Russian aide in the Donetsk region had recently made such a claim. The official had claimed that Bakhmut was "practically surrounded".''

https://www.wionews.com/world/only-third-of-bakhmut-under-ukrainian-control-says-presidency-advisor-577446