Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dalai Lama names Mongolian boy as new Buddhist spiritual leader

Still Waters

52 minutes ago, SHaYap said:

No, it is not and there is nothing to separate, Buddhism in as of itself is as far from all things geopolitical as the earth is from the edge of the universe. 

I'd like to see what happens when or if some pious Christian monk/priest/pastor walks up to the Pope at the Vatican palatial grounds and claims to be the reincarnation of some Pope of the past and demands to be Pope... 

Pure idiocy is what it is... 

~

Huh.

Of course the religion itself is not political, nor geopolitical.  Institutionalized religions are always susceptible to materialistic influences.  But once the leadership becomes directed by and embroiled in the political paths of the government, the policies and practices of the organization will easily follow like a shadow, as the Zen schools did in Japan during WWII, leading to horrendous crimes sanctioned and directed by the holy leadership, contrary to Buddhist admonitions against harm and cruelty, as well as the poison of pride by the holders of high office.  Just as the Pope and the Vatican are political in nature as well as religious, though Christianity itself need not be so.  I simply note this, I don't condemn anything happening in China as per the TB leadership; I'm not so informed.

Do you see Vajrayana as a corruption of Buddhism?

Edited by Wistman
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Wistman said:

Huh.

Of course the religion itself is not political, nor geopolitical. 

Contradicts the element of "impossibility" previously mentioned. 

~

Institutionalized religions are always susceptible to materialistic influences. 

Thus the institution is compromised, the religion though should not. If the religion itself is made out to be the legitimacy of the materialism and fomenting influential factor, then it is blasphemous.

~

But once the leadership becomes directed by and embroiled in the political paths of the government, the policies and practices of the organization will easily follow like a shadow, as the Zen schools did in Japan during WWII, leading to horrendous crimes sanctioned and directed by the holy leadership, contrary to Buddhist admonitions against harm and cruelty, as well as the poison of pride by the holders of high office.

The shadow passes over and never under all obstacles. 

Karma, thus so shall they reap as they sow... 

The religion did not follow, it was the ego, the "I, You, Me, Him, Her, He, She, They, Them, Their, Us, We" 

Enlightenment in Buddhism is devoid of such polluted frame of mind 

~

Just as the Pope and the Vatican are political in nature as well as religious, though Christianity itself need not be so. 

Uhmmm actually Christianity owes it's humble beginnings to the political principle of a chosen Messiah, it's official status to the Imperial ambitions of Constantine, but that's not the point here. 

~

I simply note this, I don't condemn anything happening in China as per the TB leadership; I'm not so informed.

Not so misinformed, more likely than not... 

~

Do you see Vajrayana as a corruption of Buddhism?

Not for me to say, that's between them and their nibbana / nirvana 

~

• Like 4

Yes, the changes will come and go.

The Dalai lama will die, idiot or not, and so will nations.

33 minutes ago, SHaYap said:

Contradicts the element of "impossibility" previously mentioned.

Speaking temporally at the time, following along with my previous notations.  I've no interest in argumentation over metaphysics or Dharma.

But excellent answers anyway.  Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SHaYap said:

No, it is not and there is nothing to separate, Buddhism in as of itself is as far from all things geopolitical as the earth is from the edge of the universe. 

I'd like to see what happens when or if some pious Christian monk/priest/pastor walks up to the Pope at the Vatican palatial grounds and claims to be the reincarnation of some Pope of the past and demands to be Pope... 

Pure idiocy is what it is... 

~

The rank of Dalai Lama only came about because a petty warlord decided his sect needed one.......very enlightened. :whistle:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wistman said:

But excellent answers anyway.  Thank you.

You're much too kind, thank you manifolds more... 

~

• Like 2