Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Six killed in Nashville private school shooting: Female 'teen' shooter kills three kids and two staf

WVK

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

I for the life of me can't find it now (guessing it was taken down by YouTube because it doesn't fit the agenda) but there used to be a video of an Australian guy who's story went something like this.

When he was young he was molested by a male teacher and he suppressed those memories.  He came out as gay as a teenager but was having emotional problems and went to therapy.  His memories were uncovered in therapy and after a few years he discovered that now he felt like he had  become gay as a result of dealing with deeply suppressed emotions hidden from him because he had buried all memory of an abusive event.  Eventually he decided he wasn't really gay but rather he was traumatized and now had been helped to deal with the trauma.  He no longer had the same attractions and got married to a woman, joined a church and had a family and was now a bible thumper. 

That is of course a flawed very shortened version based on my memory of the story from a few years ago.  The gist being he had underwent psychotherapy and changed pretty much everything in his life after concluding that he had never been gay even though he thought he was.  

I haven't heard of this story (it doesn't ring any bells, at least). But the sentiment is reflected in a book that I read a few years ago back when I was a Christian. It was titled "What Some of you Were" (link), and it was a set of interviews of homosexual Christians who have chosen to live celibate lives for the sake of their relationship with God. It wasn't "conversion therapy" (the book makes it clear that is barbaric and doesn't work), and most of the stories ended with the person still living with same-sex attraction and making a decision to remain single and celibate as part of their commitment to God. However, there was one man who was sharing about his life. He was active in the gay community in his 20s, and gave it up to follow Christ. For years he put his relationship with God before his sexual desires, and one day after years of living this life, he found himself completely surprised to be attracted to one of the ladies at his church.

He has since married this woman. The reasons he identified for his lifestyle choices are very similar to the story you shared (a dysfunctional relationship with his father being one key issue). 

As noted, most of the stories in the book don't have an ending like this. Homosexuals don't "choose" to be gay (the best science today says that homosexuality [and heterosexuality] is a complex result of the interaction between genetics and the environment).. But no one really chooses their environment (certainly not when they are kids growing up, they get what they are born into) so homosexuality cannot be said to be a choice. But while heterosexuality isn't a choice either, there are stories of some homosexuals who have had a change in their feelings purely as a result of changing their behaviour and moving into another environment. 

Of course, I'm not a Christian anymore, and I don't think any non-Christian should be held to Christian morals, so I support the rights of gay people to love and marry  whomever they please. If I'm wrong, then I'm just as screwed, since hell is what awaits me too, if you believe the Christians (and if you know me from my pre-conversion, you'll know I have an Annihilationist perspective (link) on Hell (and many theologians would call me a heretic for that, if you click the link I shared you'll see what I mean - JI Packer is a theologian I respect very highly from my time as a Christian, but we disagree on this particular point of theology).  

Anyway, thanks for the chat. Have a great day, OS :tu: 

~ Regards, PA

• Like 1

I see that the MSM is more concerned about the police misgendering the shooter than

6 people who died including 3 children. Imagine That! :angry:

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

32 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Blunt isn't always rude 

Despite knowing nobody agreed with the ten commandments bullcrap in the other threads, we hear that same line every single school shooting thread.

It's definitely pushing a belief despite others saying otherwise. 

Old people aren't always lovely. I was in a servo last year and an old lady in front of me wanted to use a Woolworths card where they aren't accepted. The lady behind the counter was very apologetic and said I'm very sorry I can't help you with that. The old lady snapped and retorted you aren't sorry, don't bother lying. Being next in line I could see the attendant was misty and said quietly, but I really do care!

Old people aren't always sweet friendly people. They can be as much an ass as anyone. 

I've seen that happen many times at Walmart checkout lines.  One moment they're sweet to the checker and then when they hear something they don't like from the checker, they blow up. :lol: I think it could be either a lack of patience in their old age or dementia. It's hard to say which one on a case by case basis. But you know something is not right with them when they lose control so quick like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don’t know if this has already been posted 

This little girl tried saving her friends by pulling a fire alarm when she heard the Nashville shooter coming.

She was shot and killed.

Her name was Evelyn Dieckhaus.

HERO.

image.png.41edb62e2b5578dd02239164d6bb2475.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 5

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

Speaking for people you've never met and calling them liars because they don't fit your paradigm.  You're just like the people that will point to people that have transitioned and regret it to prove all trans people are just crazy or fooled.  You did the exact same thing.  Personally I take people at their word about how they feel, you can judge them.

Walt Heyer comes to mind...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

A work of fiction

Correct and it is becoming fact.  That is what science fiction is.  Prophetic warnings wrapped up into entertainment.  That doesn’t detract from the insight of futurists and visionaries.  People that have a deep understanding of how things work, especially human nature.

• Thanks 2

I would call the low death count, a solid miracle, and an example of where quick prayers, likely helped.

I’m also reminded of a key scene in this; now famous movie, where the “trans” type of profile, isn’t even on the FBI’s radar.

At the 2:00 minute mark:

Thus, proving my recent belief that the FBI will be increasingly lost in the dark, and powerless.

This is not my hope, but rather what I suspect will be a symptom of the growing Dark Power that is now enveloping the United States and world.

I also do not want to be right about this, but I call it, as it is given to me.

When truth is so easily cast to the ground, in so serious a matter, it tells U.S. where we are in the Christian timeline of history.

Edited by Raptor Witness

On 3/27/2023 at 9:36 PM, Desertrat56 said:

There is a good reason that we have the second amendment, and it is because of the British government.  It is not on us that you all just rolled over and gave the government your guns, so that now you are subject to any  other seizure of property your government or Any Other government might decide to take.

Do Americans really live in fear the government might forcibly seize their property? And because of that fear, they have to be armed to defend themselves against a physical attack by government agents? I find this hard to believe, tbh.

• Like 3

On 3/27/2023 at 9:33 PM, Desertrat56 said:

The thing is, the other countries have the same problem, they just don't see it in the general population.   But it shows up on their television shows, so it isn't that fantastic.   Yes, their police have to get permission to carry a weapon more dangerous than a night stick (or what ever they call those cool sticks that they have), but their criminals get guns just as easily as ours do.

Well, that is just factually wrong. And it doesn't take a genius to understand why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Correct and it is becoming fact.  That is what science fiction is.  Prophetic warnings wrapped up into entertainment.  That doesn’t detract from the insight of futurists and visionaries.  People that have a deep understanding of how things work, especially human nature.

Incorrect.  1984 is not becoming fact let alone already become fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, OverSword said:

Personally I do when I'm aware.

I only rarely encounter this issue where I live but in the few instances where I find myself in the company of a person whose gender is not easily guessed due to their physical attributes, clothing, or other identifying clues, I give them the same level of respect that I'd expect for myself.  I'm not sure how I would react to an encounter with a person who is antagonistic and demanding of my use of their preferred pronouns.  I think I would wish them a good day and walk away from them.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

or create a manifesto

For me, this manifesto should be made public asap.  There is no chance of ruining a legal defense since the killer has assumed room temperature, but if DC is going to use this tragedy to push for restrictions on law-abiding citizens then the public has a right to know what this person felt aggrieved for and why she chose to end the lives of as many as she came across.  There is no justifiable reason for withholding the contents of that manifesto.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, and-then said:

For me, this manifesto should be made public asap. 

Nah. Burn it.

Manifestos are made to inspire others. They should do that with all shooters manifestos IMO. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pellinore said:

Do Americans really live in fear the government might forcibly seize their property? And because of that fear, they have to be armed to defend themselves against a physical attack by government agents? I find this hard to believe, tbh.

Not me.    I am concerned with the amount of criminals that have guns and still would if I gave mine up.  

• Thanks 4

11 hours ago, Myles said:

It was nice to see competent police action in this horrible tragedy.  

So who is everyone blaming for this?

Republicans because they value the 2nd amendment

Democrats because they push the hate of religion

Trans people because she was one

I know, I know, I'm quoting myself.

So far, what I have seen from most media outlets, is almost defending her actions.   Some say the hate of churches deserves consequences.  I think it is all BS.  She was a cold blooded killer and got what she deserved.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Incorrect.  1984 is not becoming fact let alone already become fact.

They weren't in on the joke... 

Nineteen Eighty-Four (1949) is routinely described as a satire. But why? Satire is usually thought of as a mode of literature or art that uses comic...

"political satire"

As I have mentioned oftentimes, irony is a lost art... 

~

• Like 2

On 3/27/2023 at 7:19 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, it could be.  The details are not released yet, maybe it was a 6th grader (usually 11 or 12).  Since the person was deranged enough to shoot 6 at a group and kill 6 people no way to tell what was going on in her head.   Girls play those shooter video games too.   There may even be an NRA Barbie doll, I don't know.  The last time I paid attention (when my kids were young) in the 80's there was an astronaut Barbie, but it was a limited edition (which was stupid, though I always thought Barbie was stupid even when the first one came on the market when I was 6.

The mass shooter at a private Christian primary school in Nashville was under a doctor’s care for an “emotional disorder” but managed to legally purchase seven firearms, police said.

John Drake, Nashville’s police chief, said Hale identified as transgender and was “under a doctor’s care for an emotional disorder”.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/nashville-school-shooter-bought-seven-guns-while-under-doctor-s-care-for-emotional-disorder/ar-AA19bwPq?ocid=BingHp01&cvid=861788fbce614c29d0713a730144d9db&ei=9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pellinore said:

The need to be armed is to keep other governments from invading.  Our army is volunteer.   But yes, there is that fear because it has happened.   In the 80's there was a woman who owned a ranch.  She was over 90, her husband and son were dead and some corporation came in wanting her ranch for development and the state wanted to put a highway through the middle of it, but she would not sign the right of way for that.   They were able to get a court order to seize her property.   She was in her 90's, they couldn't just wait a few years!   But she was armed and kept them at bay for 2 years before the state police descended on her and took her to jail.   It happened in an old neighborhood in Dallas about 20 years ago, lots of elderly living in housed they had worked hard to pay off the mortgage but someone wante to put highrise apartments and hotels in that neighborhood the county and city used "iminent donain" to evict them all.   Again, they were elderly, someone could have waited 5 or 10 years to get what they wanted.   Greed runs/ruins this country.  

And don't tell me the country you live in hasn't done that in some way.   It is not a constant fear yet but the way the media is blasting fear constantly everyone is going to choose the fear that they already are hiding and run with it.   So we are now supposed to be afraid that China is going to invade (in some ways they already have), or Russia is going to nuke us, or muslims will kill us all, or the corporations will poison us (which is happening), or there will be no food, etc.    You all have your media blasting fear as well.  If you are smart you don't pay attention to it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, pellinore said:

Well, that is just factually wrong. And it doesn't take a genius to understand why.

Right, I watch british and some swedish television.   If the stories on the cop shows are watchable, meaning identifiable, then you all do have criminals that get guns.   I know in Germany they do, that's why the polezi have machine guns (oh that was the 70's, maybe they don't anymore).   If your police are armed then it is obvious that the criminals are armed as well.    I know british cops can carry guns but they have to sign them out and they have to have a good reason, that good reason usually is because the criminal they are after has guns!

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

Thread cleaned

Enough with the bickering, insults and derogatory personal remarks please folks.

There are some sensitive issues being discussed here - keep your comments civil and respectful.

Thank you.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, and-then said:

I only rarely encounter this issue where I live but in the few instances where I find myself in the company of a person whose gender is not easily guessed due to their physical attributes, clothing, or other identifying clues, I give them the same level of respect that I'd expect for myself.  I'm not sure how I would react to an encounter with a person who is antagonistic and demanding of my use of their preferred pronouns.  I think I would wish them a good day and walk away from them.

Honestly I am around trans people all the time and have had to utilize pronouns twice that I can think of.  Both times in Starbucks when someone asks if I'm being helped and I say "She's getting my order".  Pronouns in general I think are a bigger deal on the internet than in real life.

Many times when I had long hair and was skinny I was mistaken for a female, usually by a little kid or an old lady and I just laughed and didn't even correct them.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked