Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Six killed in Nashville private school shooting: Female 'teen' shooter kills three kids and two staf

WVK

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

You can kill people with knives, I see stories about that happening in crowds in Europe and the UK.  Why are you so afraid, you don't even live in the U.S. and you are happy with your laws?  And legal and illegal does NOT make a difference.  I think I saw a story of a mass shooter in a country where guns are illegal except for sport and hunting.   

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/12/uk/plymouth-england-shooting-gbr-intl/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_Kingdom   Notice the first one on the list happened this year.  How are those gun laws working for you?   People who are going to purposely kill others, either in a crowd or singly will get a gun, legally or not.

Weren't there quite a few people killed several years ago iirc by a nutcase (or religious fanatic) who drove his vehicle into a crowd?

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

That goes without saying.  But more importantly, if there is a gun(s) in the home, then all those that live there should go through gun safety classes and range time.  The parents need to take a more active role in teaching their children about respect.  Respect for guns and respect for life and perhaps more importantly, teach the child to respect themselves.  Parents need to teach their children about GOD and to love this country.  Teach them about the original intent of our Founding Documents.  In short, parents need to learn how to be parents again in a nuclear family.

So you agree that people should not be able to own guns until they and their family complete a gun safety class? 

And you agree that a parent should be held legally liable if their child kills someone with their gun?

Do you agree with these things or are you just making platitudes that you agree with the sentiment?

• Like 3

Just now, Gummug said:

Weren't there quite a few people killed several years ago iirc by a nutcase (or religious fanatic) who drove his vehicle into a crowd?

As far as I remember that has happened in several different countries including the U.S.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

So you agree that people should not be able to own guns until they and their family complete a gun safety class? 

And you agree that a parent should be held legally liable if their child kills someone with their gun?

Do you agree with these things or are you just making platitudes that you agree with the sentiment?

RavenHawk has made it clear that he thinks the solution is to shove religion and patriotism down people's throats

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Maybe the custodian was her boyfriend, and he was having a affair with a teacher and she was really mad at him  :(  

Quite extreme action for the scenario, I suspect it is more complicated than that.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, and-then said:

The thing is, I also know that if a government in America decided to forcibly confiscate guns, there would be civil war.

Why would any authority take away guns?  Its a waste of time.  They already have you where they want you.

The solution is already in the works.  You have taught yourselves and your children that the only way to be safe is behind locked doors.   You voluntarily lock your cell doors.  You let yourself out to go to work, hopefully at a secure facility, then go home and lock yourself back up.  Next generation started nearly at birth.  By three years old, kids are used to lockup and searches of their classmates and teachers.  Can you trust an armed security guard not to occasionally go nutso and start shooting?

You are free to go out to work and earn money and to spend it, then come home to be safe.  Your children who grow up with that will believe that is the way things are supposed to be.  G.D.  Cattle are smarter about avoiding corrals  than  Americans have become.

That is about as much control as any government needs and more than most ever hope to achieve. Guns or no guns, if you sign up for this idea,  then you are prisoners to fear in your own land.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The thing that would work better than locked schools, but will never happen in the U.S., is better mental health care, better identification of mental issues and better responses to criminal behavior that indicates mental illness.   These people that shoot up places showed signs of being unhinged long before they ever took their guns to school or university or public places or government buildings.   But we are dependent on health insurance and most don't pay for mental health, those that do limit it to 10 sessions a year.  Nowadays a psychiatrist only spends 15 minutes with a patient, doesn't talk or ask anything, just read the notes from the primary care and prescirbes medicine.   Psycologist, couselors or what ever are a big mixed bag of skills depending on the state laws, some states don't even require they get a license to practice or take a test or have a degree.

I remember reading in a thread quite a while ago, that some drugs are suspected of bringing about psychotic mental conditions in the people who take them. I really do think sometimes that big pharma could actually be part of the problem.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Gummug said:

I remember reading in a thread quite a while ago, that some drugs are suspected of bringing about psychotic mental conditions in the people who take them. I really do think sometimes that big pharma could actually be part of the problem.

That may be, but we'd really have a time trying to pinpoint who the medication effects in a negative way and who it actually helps and many times you won't find that out until the patient suffers from a "break."  The alternative is untreated mental health disorders which can also cause psychotic mental conditions in people who don't take medications to even out their chemical imbalances

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Ah yes. The classic "if everyone was just like me then all problems would be solved" argument.

That's an incorrect assumption.  If people got closer to GOD as in a personal relationship, then problems would be easier to solve.

It's been shown countless times throughout history that religion dosen't do anything. If you're a bad person, you'll still be bad when religious.

And it’s been shown countless times throughout history that because of faith, they have found GOD.  Jesus talks about the Tares.  And many clothe themselves in religion.  Religion isn’t the controlling factor here.  It is faith.  A return to faith and not religion.  The Founders were against a state religion, but they all had a personal faith.  It is that faith that this nation is drifting away from.

If you're a good person then you'll still be a good person without religion.

You’re a good person because of faith.  But the human animal is also a master impersonator.  People will grow up in a religion and not truly understand what that means and will still be bad in their core.  Faith without works is dead.  People confuse this to mean that if you do good works, then you will be saved.  That’s not what that verse means.  If you have faith, then you do good works.  Being good is not enough.

What I have seen though is that bad people who are religious love to use religion to justify their bull****. 

Absolutely!  But is that any reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater?

• Thanks 2

Just now, HSlim said:

But the alternative is untreated mental health disorders which can also cause psychotic mental conditions in people who don't take medications to even out their chemical imbalances

This is true, but I suspect the drug companies are not completely honest with us. I have heard, and I believe it is true, that the royalty (excuse me I mean members of Congress) get completely different medication than we peons (excuse me I mean common folk). Now why is that I wonder?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gummug said:

This is true, but I suspect the drug companies are not completely honest with us. I have heard, and I believe it is true, that the royalty (excuse me I mean members of Congress) get completely different medication than we peons (excuse me I mean common folk). Now why is that I wonder?

Well I mean that's speculative at best. I'm not saying they do or don't but I've never heard or seen any evidence whatsoever of that being the case. 

That being said, No I don't necessarily think the pharmaceutical companies are being completely honest for the most part.   But I also don't think they're willfully nefarious either, other than being greedy b*******

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gummug said:

That's not true dude lol

Unless congress is taking experiential non FDA approved stuff. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

That's not true dude lol

Unless congress is taking experiential non FDA approved stuff. 

I admit I had just heard it from someone I trust, so it's technically hearsay, but I would sure like to know if it is true. Considering the fact that Congress exempts itself from its own laws, it wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gummug said:

I admit I had just heard it from someone I trust, so it's technically hearsay, but I would sure like to know if it is true. Considering the fact that Congress exempts itself from its own laws, it wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

This is some Alex Jones type ****.  I would highly suggest further scrutinizing any more information you get from this person.

What would even be the point of all this lol? Would they make better decisions or something?

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Gummug said:

I think it is a big part of the problem.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Gummug said:

I know drug companies are not honest with us or anyone.  But it makes no sense to give congress different drugs than the rest of us, mainly because congress and the senate are owned by big money, which includes pharma companies, and they do what they are told.   Once they stop doing what they are told they get voted out or there is a scandal to insure they don't 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

No.  If they can then great.  If not, then hopefully they have it scheduled soon.  Either way, it is up them to take the responsibility to get it done.  Once this habit is something that is ingrained into our culture, then it’ll become a social taboo not to get it done before purchase or shortly thereafter.

In our current culture, no.  And right now, making parents responsible, will just throw gas on the fire.  That is what the Marxists are looking for (tearing down the 4 OLDs)The nuclear family has been under attack and virtually destroyed.  The American family doesn’t resemble what it was.  We must return to the family being the basic building block of our culture.  Once we do that, then the parents should be held liable.  We need to stop trafficking and grooming our children.  We cannot allow the state to take over raising our children into the state religion.  In order to do that, we must reaffirm the 5 Charges of the Preamble and protecting the Bill of Rights.

I don’t see the distinction?  Are they not one in the same?  I agree that parents should be held liable on the standpoint of responsibility but not on the means of the state to violate an absolute right to seize power.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Thoughts and prayers! 

I am with you on this just makes sick, this crap is nightmare that never stops!:cry:

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 3

They identified the victims and the shooter. Two 9 yr olds and an 8 yr old. Also two adults who were 61 yrs old and the head of the school who was 60. One was a custodian but they don't say if he was in the church or the school. The doors were all locked. She shot through them. And here we go....she identified as transgendered.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/nashville-school-shooting-updates-3-kids-3-adults-killed-female-suspect-m/ar-AA198cRO

Peak was a substitute teacher and Hill was a custodian, according to investigators.

The suspect, a 28-year-old Nashville woman who was later identified as Audrey Elizabeth Hale, was shot and killed by authorities in a lobby area on the second floor of the school, according to police.

The suspect was armed with at least two assault-type rifles and a handgun, officials said. The suspect had a map "of how this was all going to take place," according to Drake.

It appears the shooting was a targeted attack, according to the chief.

Authorities said she entered the school through a side entrance and made her way from the first floor to the second floor, firing multiple shots. It appears all the doors were locked and the suspect allegedly shot through a door, officials said.

Drake said the suspect identified as transgender but didn't immediately provide more details.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Nothing that would work in America, so lockable doors is probably the only thing that will work…. To stop kids being shot in their classrooms.

It's too bad our political system has gotten so corrupted that one party refuses to do ANYTHING except advance the agenda of confiscating firearms or at least making them illegal so citizens who disagree can be selectively destroyed.  These people who are screaming about this issue being caused because guns are "too easily available" refuse to acknowledge the fact that drugs are as well and they've been illegal for decades.  This is why I know that those who shout for gun control, actually just want to impose THEIR CONTROL on those they disagree with.

Hardening the schools could be done and it WOULD save lives.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

No.  If they can then great.  If not, then hopefully they have it scheduled soon.  Either way, it is up them to take the responsibility to get it done.  Once this habit is something that is ingrained into our culture, then it’ll become a social taboo not to get it done before purchase or shortly thereafter.

In our current culture, no.  And right now, making parents responsible, will just throw gas on the fire.  That is what the Marxists are looking for (tearing down the 4 OLDs)The nuclear family has been under attack and virtually destroyed.  The American family doesn’t resemble what it was.  We must return to the family being the basic building block of our culture.  Once we do that, then the parents should be held liable.  We need to stop trafficking and grooming our children.  We cannot allow the state to take over raising our children into the state religion.  In order to do that, we must reaffirm the 5 Charges of the Preamble and protecting the Bill of Rights.

I don’t see the distinction?  Are they not one in the same?  I agree that parents should be held liable on the standpoint of responsibility but not on the means of the state to violate an absolute right to seize power.

So to summarize, you do not want to do anything that involves making laws.

You just want to tell people to be more Christian lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, and-then said:

Hardening the schools could be done and it WOULD save lives

What do you propose? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, and-then said:

I got an idea. Let's be even more mean and abusive to trans people. Let's call them delusional a few more times maybe. Tell them they are groomers and perverts. 

That will surely prevent something like this from happening again. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

• The topic was locked