Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas man claims little boy's ghost pushed shopping cart into his car, causing $25K damage

Still Waters

A Texas man claims a "mischievous child ghost" caused a shopping cart to fly at his vehicle — and he says he knows the ghost. 

Coby Todd is a 21-year-old from Pottsboro, Texas, who recently went ghost hunting in a nearby town, as SWNS reported.

The next day, he was leaving work at a local supermarket outside Dallas, Texas, when a strange and spooky moment occurred. A shopping cart flew into his car. 

"When I got in my car and shut the door, I realized the [cart] had hit it," he said. 

Todd decided to go inside and look at the security footage to see who pushed the shopping cart into his car, he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/texas-man-claims-little-boys-ghost-pushed-shopping-cart-car-causing-25k-damage

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, pellinore said:

It is pretty convincing that it hit his car and not a random one! I wonder what Papa George will make of this?

Let's not flounder in the darkness when we have a professional device to render judgment and to tell us what we should think.

Papameter Reading

65% Paranormal      30% Hoax      5% Natural Causes

Factors: Ghost hunting the day before

• Thanks 1

$25,000 damage for a shopping trolley hitting the side of a 2012 Mustang and making a dent?

That is the real mystery here.

"I just got the car, and it’s my baby … It [the cart] put a big dent in it, and it upset me,"

:lol:

Edited by Still Waters
Image removed for copyright reasons
  • Like 2

That is not $25,000 worth of damage!   It barely put a mark on the car.   No way his insurance or the store's insurance is going to pay a penny.  Body work does cost a lot more than it used to but if that was 25,000 worth of damage the car would be totaled becuase that is more than it is worth, even now.   It's a crappy 12 year old car for crying out loud!   Have you seen the 2012 mustangs?   Ford does not make a high end car, in fact they have had so much trouble with their cars they quit making them.  They only make pickups and SUV's now.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

hahhaha.  How about him pulling the cart over with nylon fishing line. 

The article glosses over the part about the camera that took the video and makes it sound like it is surveillance video that he has access to.
So why was the camera jumping around like someone was holding it. Amateur hour - is what this is. 

• Like 3

Ghosts= as in: 'the spirits of the dead walking around in control of their own actions' do not exist

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My guess is as someone mentioned earlier, it was a setup. He must have attached a line to the cart and pulled it towards the car. Any damage caused will be covered by the media coverage!

20 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

That is not $25,000 worth of damage!   It barely put a mark on the car.   No way his insurance or the store's insurance is going to pay a penny.  Body work does cost a lot more than it used to but if that was 25,000 worth of damage the car would be totaled becuase that is more than it is worth, even now.   It's a crappy 12 year old car for crying out loud!   Have you seen the 2012 mustangs?   Ford does not make a high end car, in fact they have had so much trouble with their cars they quit making them.  They only make pickups and SUV's now.

The title of this post is wrong. The actual title on the website is…

Texas man claims little boy's ghost pushed shopping cart into his $25K car, causing damage

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

Fox News changed the title after it was posted, it was them that made the mistake regarding the $25k figure.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saru said:

Fox News changed the title after it was posted, it was them that made the mistake regarding the $25k figure.

Gotcha! I didn’t know that.

• Like 1

Cart rolls down slight incline and hits car. A tradgey that happens all over the world countless times a day. News at 11.

So what if it happens to hit a car someone just got into? It had to hit one of them. And saying a "child ghost" did it? Sure thing bro.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

lightly meter reads….  0% paranormal … 70% wind… 25% hoax… 5% drugs.  ?

Edited by lightly
  • Haha 2

On 4/1/2023 at 12:01 PM, hihowareya said:

Surely you have proof dejarma so let’s here it?

Here! Here!   I think you want to read it, not hear it.   :lol:   (and you can make fun of any spelling errors I make any time, I make some pretty funny ones.

On 4/1/2023 at 7:06 AM, SecretSanta said:

Texas man claims little boy's ghost pushed shopping cart into his $25K car, causing damage

That makes much more sense, though I think he is deluded if he thinks his car is worth 25K

17 hours ago, lightly said:

lightly meter reads….  0% paranormal … 70% wind… 25% hoax… 5% drugs.  ?

0% means you think it is essentially impossible to be paranormal. Seems a little extreme based on what we know especially when it is claimed that there was no wind to speak of.

Edited by papageorge1

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

0% means you think it is essentially impossible to be paranormal. Seems a little extreme based on what we know especially when it is claimed that there was no wind to speak of.

Hmmm, I guess your right papa,  my meter is nowhere near as accurate as yours. . might be on the Fritz! :)

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, lightly said:

Hmmm, I guess your right papa,  my meter is nowhere near as accurate as yours. . might be on the Fritz! :)

Trade her in for a Papameter.....

• Thanks 1