Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The US will NEVER give up on Ukraine

pellinore

They didn't give up on Afghanistan for 20 years so I think the odds are good that the support is going to continue for quite some time.

• Like 3

It will last until Russia's conventional forces are sufficiently degraded, which shouldn't take much longer. Unless Ukraine makes fantastic progress in the prosecution of the war, this will be their last year of a carte blanche from the West. Our goal is the survival of a free and independent Ukrainian State, not Ukrainian territorial integrity. Ukraine has been a vassal State of Russia for much of its history. It may have to console itself with being a Rump State, instead, in all probability, like South Korea or the former West Germany. Political, Economic and Nuclear reality will, inevitably, reassert itself. So, let us all hope Ukraine can pull a rabbit out of its hat, instead. They have continuously surprised us.

Edited by Hammerclaw

42 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

It may have to console itself with being a Rump State, instead, in all probability, like South Korea or the former West Germany. Political, Economic and Nuclear reality will, inevitably, reassert itself.

I have made a similar claim about a year ago and was dismissed by most members here.

That Ukraine will likely end up in a Korean scenario, where the north/West  become a EU state and pro-NATO. The south/east will be controlled by Russia.

Edited by Occult1

3 hours ago, Occult1 said:

I have made a similar claim about a year ago and was dismissed by most members here.

That Ukraine will likely end up in a Korean scenario, where the north/West  become a EU state and pro-NATO. The south/east will be controlled by Russia.

Maybe, maybe not. That can only happen with NATO troops stationed in the smaller Ukrainian State, and the new Ukraine an EU and NATO member, something ole Vlad and his cronies are not too keen on. The only way it can happen is if Ukraine really puts the hurt on Russia, forcing them to the negotiating table without preconditions. The only thing Russia wants to negotiate, right now, is Ukrainian capitulation to Russian demands.

That headline makes me think “America is about to abandon Ukraine” ….

This is correct.  The USA won't give up on Ukraine.  It is rare to find a nation so determined to fight against an aggressor that views itself as a US peer and enemy.  In 100 years and more, historians will write about the war in Ukraine but will likely barely reference COVID in the same way we all but forgot the Spanish Flu, but nobody forgot WW1.  This is a super-rare opportunity for the USA and will be the yardstick by which the Biden Presidency will be measured.  

On 4/2/2023 at 8:23 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

That headline makes me think “America is about to abandon Ukraine” ….

The USA was going to abandon Ukraine in the early days of the war.  Not now.  Now Ukraine has proven it has the will and ability to fight; all it needs is more weapons.  Ukraine is thumping Russia for centuries of abuse.  Classic underdog story.

• Like 1