Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ohio: extremist tries to burn down church for hosting Drag Queen story hour.

spartan max2

CRIME

Neo-Nazi Arrested for Firebombing Church Hosting Drag Queen Story Hour

A church, Molotov Cocktail and suspect Aimenn Penny

He also attended a massive protest by right-wing extremists at a drag event in a public park in Wadsworth, Ohio in early March.

Federal prosecutors have charged an Ohio man they say is a neo-Nazi with the group White Lives Matters Ohio in connection with the firebombing of a church that planned to host a Drag Queen Story Hour. Authorities allege that the man participated in a protest in the state earlier in March, where armed white supremacists and other far-right extremists converged on a park where a drag queen was reading to children.

Aimenn Penny, 20, is charged with malicious use of explosives and possessing a destructive device.

According to the authorities, Penny allegedly attempted to burn down the Community Church of Chesterland in Chesterland, Ohio, on March 25 using Molotov cocktails.

https://www.advocate.com/crime/neo-nazi-drag-firebomb-church

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

3 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

This is supposed to be a family friendly site and the links contained in your source site isn't family friendly.

There is a thread about the school shooting. Not really sure what links you mean. 

I have ads to turn pictures into anime popping up for me 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

This is supposed to be a family friendly site and the links contained in your source site isn't family friendly.

My linked ads are vitamin water,  a nail trimmer, a garden planter, and CPAP machine supplies.  The ads are personalized for individuals.  Google is smart that way. We probably don't all see the same ones. Oopsie.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

My linked ads are vitamin water,  a nail trimmer, a garden planter, and CPAP machine supplies.  The ads are personalized for individuals.  Google is smart that way. We probably don't all see the same ones. Oopsie.

I wish google was that smart for me.  I keep getting ads for all kinds of things I don't need or care about, like weight loss products, patriot survival gear and dementia cures.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Haha 5

I see ads on 3D printing and shirts with dumb logos.  I think this site uses cookies or something from your computer to target ads based on what you browsed- which makes me really curious what Buzz_Light-Year saw.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

I see ads on 3D printing and shirts with dumb logos.  I think this site uses cookies or something from your computer to target ads based on what you browsed- which makes me really curious what Buzz_Light-Year saw.

Yes, but it is not a very sophisticated, because I do not search for any of that stuff.  I just got an ad for some weird t-shirt site and a diabetes cure.   I don't have health issues, but I do buy t-shirts online occassionally.   Youtube and Yahoo are the only sites I go to that have ads.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, but it is not a very sophisticated, because I do not search for any of that stuff.  I just got an ad for some weird t-shirt site and a diabetes cure.   I don't have health issues, but I do buy t-shirts online occassionally.   Youtube and Yahoo are the only sites I go to that have ads.

I did look up 3-D printers a while back.  I was think of printing some miniatures for Warhammer 40k (a game). I never browsed T-shirts, though.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The ads are personalized for individuals.  Google is smart that way. We probably don't all see the same ones. Oopsie.

Not when the ads are the same from two different locations and two different ISPs. Work network is mostly restricted as to where employees can go so those type of ads shouldn't be directed.  I do run two different ad blockers.

Politics, YouTube, Voices, Culture, Photography and Video. All of these sections are for gays and contain not so discreet gay ads. I get it that it's a gay site but almost every forum I'm on would ban me for linking to it because of the ads.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I wish google was that smart for me.  I keep getting ads for all kinds of things I don't need or care about, like weight loss products, patriot survival gear and dementia cures.

I get the patriot survival gear too.  Ironic that survival people push solar panels so hard, but kinda makes sense.  I have not gotten any family unfriendly ones though.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Seems like it may be your own browsing habits :whistle:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Seems like it may be your own browsing habits :whistle:

That’s normally the case especially if only one individual is having problems, sounds like someone has not cleaned up their system in an awhile. 

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I did look up 3-D printers a while back.  I was think of printing some miniatures for Warhammer 40k (a game). I never browsed T-shirts, though.

That reminds me I was planning on looking at 3-D printers.   I also need an extruder so I can recycle all the plastic that I can't recycle elsewhere and then I can make stuff with it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I get the patriot survival gear too.  Ironic that survival people push solar panels so hard, but kinda makes sense.  I have not gotten any family unfriendly ones though.

Me either, just seemed to be aimed at old sick people and survivalists.   I am over 65, which is no longer old, but I am not sick and I have all the camping gear I want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WVK said:

Is drag queen story hour preformed before or after the sermon?

It's not part of the church sermon. The church was letting the group use their space for the event.

Churches often will rent (or sometimes let use for free) their space out to different events.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Hearing aids… which just goes to prove the computers are listening to me because telling both my parents that they’re deaf is a common occurance.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

It's not part of the church sermon. The church was letting the group use their space for the event.

Churches often will rent (or sometimes let use for free) their space out to different events.

I was jesting 

17 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That reminds me I was planning on looking at 3-D printers.   I also need an extruder so I can recycle all the plastic that I can't recycle elsewhere and then I can make stuff with it.

They are still kind of complicated and you have to do a certain degree of maintenance and trouble shooting on it.  They also tend to be loud and you can't really quit in the middle of a large printing, so it can run for hours.  Some of the media is toxic (resin printers) and need to be cured with UV light.  I decided to pass for now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I think that game was featured on the last episode of South Park.  

Nazi lives don't matter, or they wouldn't be in such a hurry to throw them away.  See WW2 for details.

Edited by Alchopwn

Well that was embarrassing, opened up the link on my phone whilst on the bus.....hope nobody was looking over my shoulder.

• Haha 1