Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China is preparing for war with the West

OverSword

The Foreign Secretary’s Mansion House speech on China may go down in history, but for all the wrong reasons. In remarks released ahead of his set-piece address on Tuesday night, he urged China to come clean about its “biggest military build-up in peacetime”, warning of the risks of a “tragic miscalculation”. Yet, bizarrely, he also argued that Britain must continue to engage with China. “To give up on China would be to give up on addressing humanity’s biggest problems,” he stated.

It suggests that the British Government has learned nothing from the litany of Chinese Communist Party (CCP) lies and abuses exposed during the pandemic; from the fate of Tibet, Inner Mongolia, Hong Kong and Xinjiang; from Beijing’s crude imperialist ambitions to annex Taiwan, a de facto sovereign democracy; and from their crucial economic support for Vladimir Putin and his atrocities in Ukraine.

The CCP, a vastly wealthy, unelected gang of Marxist revolutionaries, is busily pursuing asymmetric warfare with the US and the rest of the free world

Link

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Yeah France is already looking for an easy surrender..."Occupy us,but please don't hurt us" being their national motto.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"Annex Taiwan"? They never declared themselves independent.

They also cleaned up Hong Kong which was a Triad hotbed.

I think the buildup is a scare tactic. They know a World War would devastate their country and their military equipment is no match against the West.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

I think the buildup is a scare tactic. They know a World War would devastate their country and their military equipment is no match against the West.

The Republic Of China still owns Mongolia. 

We all know you're a throat singing apologist.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Yeah France is already looking for an easy surrender..."Occupy us,but please don't hurt us" being their national motto.

That's why France's roads are tree lined as it allows the conquering army to march in the shade. B)

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Piney said:

The one very real advantage they have is the ability to keep our carriers far away or risk losing them to a barrage of hypersonic anti-carrier missiles.  Of course, I assume we'd use tactical nukes on them if they started sinking carriers but these days, who knows.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The Republic Of China still owns Mongolia. 

We all know you're a throat singing apologist.

Pragmatist.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, and-then said:

The one very real advantage they have is the ability to keep our carriers far away or risk losing them to a barrage of hypersonic anti-carrier missiles.  Of course, I assume we'd use tactical nukes on them if they started sinking carriers but these days, who knows.

And that is debatable. Their weapons aren't as effective as they let on according to MI6 sources.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Their weapons aren't as effective as they let on according to MI6 sources.

That's what they want our spies to think.

43 minutes ago, Piney said:

Taiwan is a defacto separate entity from China with a democratic government.  The only reason they never declared independence is because the ROC plans to take retake governance of the mainland as soon as the CCP fails.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Piney said:

And that is debatable. Their weapons aren't as effective as they let on according to MI6 sources.

Maybe not but neither were the allies compared to Nazi Germany.  We won with numbers.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Inn Spectre said:

That's what they want our spies to think.

That seems contrary to their tactic.

16 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Taiwan is a defacto separate entity from China with a democratic government.  The only reason they never declared independence is because the ROC plans to take retake governance of the mainland as soon as the CCP fails.

And one party wants to rejoin China and the other doesn't. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Piney said:

I know someone gave me a brand new Craftsman wrench set this past Christmas made in China...I gave them away.

I have real Craftsman wrenches from the 60's and 70's got from my grandfather...I don't want that cheap s*** :lol:

My biggest worry about war with China is not our military might, it's those idiots calling the shots...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

That seems contrary to their tactic.

And one party wants to rejoin China and the other doesn't. 

Do you think that the mainland will try it by force?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

It kind of has no choice as we push its back to the wall.

But if we didn`t, would they rise to dominance anyway?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

It kind of has no choice as we push its back to the wall.

But if we didn`t, would they rise to dominance anyway?

How are we pushing their back to the wall?

• Like 1

Only to be expected, the West and specifically the US has been preparing for war, everything, everywhere, all at once; or at least with two near peers for 80 years.

You can dislike our policies, and hate our current government but we are pretty good at what we do and not as stupid as some like to think.  And we have spent more money on weapons and preparedness than everybody else put together.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Do you think that the mainland will try it by force?

It wouldn't be wise, but who knows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

I know someone gave me a brand new Craftsman wrench set this past Christmas made in China...I gave them away.

I have real Craftsman wrenches from the 60's and 70's got from my grandfather...I don't want that cheap s*** :lol:

My biggest worry about war with China is not our military might, it's those idiots calling the shots...

I had to replace my vintage Craftsman with Lowes crap because mine were stolen while in prison.

But all my Stihls have a Made in Germany brass plate. Not that Lowes made in Virginia crap. 

And all my John Deeres are 80s Heavy Iron......yeah, I have more than 2 now. :yes:

• Like 4

Always some ass holes wanting to steal another's tools...that ****ing sucks!

At least ya still got the good heavy stuff :tu:

Hell I gotta get a new chainsaw, haven't had even a decent one in 12 years lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Taiwan is gonna be fine... 

15 Apr 2023  Here's how we protect Taiwan without going to war with China: open a branch of the @NRA in Taiwan, put an AR-15 in the hands of every family ...

1 day ago  “You want China not to invade Taiwan? Here is something we can do: The NRA can open its branch next time in Taiwan,” Ramaswamy said.

16 Apr 2023  Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy said Friday the NRA should arm Taiwan's citizens to prevent a Chinese invasion, ...

15 Apr 2023  Here's how we avoid war with China while protecting Taiwan: turn Taiwan into a porcupine. Export the 2nd amendment to the...

~

At least now they're getting AR15s instead of the previously suggested AK45s

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

it's those idiots calling the shots...

Which is justified and the biggest reason to worry at all.  I can't believe that even Democrats really believe Biden and his handlers are up to managing a war against a peer power.  If Xi decided to roll the dice because he thinks Biden isn't up to the job of making hard choices, then whoever is calling the shots DOES strike back hard, we'd be one sunken carrier away from a nuclear escalation, IMO.

On 4/25/2023 at 4:42 PM, OverSword said:

How are we pushing their back to the wall?

By resisting their rise, albeit woefully inadequately just now.  No doubt the worst danger we face - AND THATS SAYING A TON - is risking springing the Thucydides Trap.

On 4/26/2023 at 2:48 AM, OverSword said:

I'm here in South Korea, which is close to CLASH BETWEEN AMERICA AND CHIAN.

It reminds me of the clash between Athen and Sparta.